Innovative Marine Aquariums

One more tank for Jackie 22g long

jstuver

6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I was trying to remember, did you say those were Spotcinctus Clowns? 

They're just so beautiful and I wanted to find out more about them. 

Also, I LOVE your new additions, don't know how I missed those!!!

Yes! Sometimes they can be ugly so I think it would be hard to just order them online unless you saw the exact fish you were getting. These two were particularly nice looking and kept a good orange color too where as some I have seen turn like a muddy orange brown and I don't like it

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I updated, I am expecting a bunch of coral in the next few days from an order I did so I thought I'd post an update before they get here. I am still using my 250W halide and I added a Kessil A150 Ocean Blue which makes things pop:)

4.25.27 FTS

DSC00954_zpstv7zuwbf.jpg

End

DSC00956_zpsuuwuzlcf.jpg

Ugly end that hides all equipment

DSC00966_zps8frz9rju.jpg

DSC00958_zpsaw4ae2nl.jpg

DSC00971_zpsbjce4yi8.jpg

DSC01071_zpstb7njn82.jpg

DSC01076_zpsgudgfye7.jpg

DSC01045_zpsdvjhycsr.jpg

Zoas are finally getting their color back

DSC01001_zpsxv15ay3j.jpg

DSC00997_zpsxszqldx5.jpg

DSC00995_zpsnsga1nut.jpg

DSC00985_zpssopf0lba.jpg

Macros are growing great as well

DSC01064_zpssnommbpe.jpg

DSC01067_zpsd0ysnqlo.jpg

DSC01061_zpsas1m7u7c.jpg

DSC01053_zpspiw4alej.jpg

DSC01055_zpsulbbucfm.jpg

• Like 16
17 hours ago, spectra said:

Looking good!

Thank you!

17 hours ago, yungKitten said:

Wow! 

:blush:

10 hours ago, Pinner Reef said:

Top notch Jackie! As alwaysB)

Thanks so much!

8 hours ago, Nixperience said:

How did I miss this? You are basically doing what I wanted to do. Combining all the coolest tanks lol. 

Awesome I will get back to you on your PM as well here in a minute:)

On 4/25/2017 at 11:45 PM, jstuver said:

It's been awhile since I updated, I am expecting a bunch of coral in the next few days from an order I did so I thought I'd post an update before they get here. I am still using my 250W halide and I added a Kessil A150 Ocean Blue which makes things pop:)

4.25.27 FTS

DSC00954_zpstv7zuwbf.jpg

End

DSC00956_zpsuuwuzlcf.jpg

Ugly end that hides all equipment

DSC00966_zps8frz9rju.jpg

DSC00958_zpsaw4ae2nl.jpg

DSC00971_zpsbjce4yi8.jpg

DSC01071_zpstb7njn82.jpg

DSC01076_zpsgudgfye7.jpg

DSC01045_zpsdvjhycsr.jpg

Zoas are finally getting their color back

DSC01001_zpsxv15ay3j.jpg

DSC00997_zpsxszqldx5.jpg

DSC00995_zpsnsga1nut.jpg

DSC00985_zpssopf0lba.jpg

Macros are growing great as well

DSC01064_zpssnommbpe.jpg

DSC01067_zpsd0ysnqlo.jpg

DSC01061_zpsas1m7u7c.jpg

DSC01053_zpspiw4alej.jpg

DSC01055_zpsulbbucfm.jpg

Jackie, you have done something REALLY special with this tank. 

I hope you know that. 

We always see the little things that we think are "off" or we wish had been just a little more ______, but I want you to know that this one is really a work of art and design. 

Those pics you posted that show things "behind the scenes" actually make this even more apparent, thanks for sharing them.

This build inspires me and gives me ideas, and those are the ones that I remember. 

Love it.

• Like 2
On 4/26/2017 at 3:33 PM, OldManSea said:

Outstanding tank and great top-down views!

Thanks so much!

18 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Jackie, you have done something REALLY special with this tank. 

I hope you know that. 

We always see the little things that we think are "off" or we wish had been just a little more ______, but I want you to know that this one is really a work of art and design. 

Those pics you posted that show things "behind the scenes" actually make this even more apparent, thanks for sharing them.

This build inspires me and gives me ideas, and those are the ones that I remember. 

Love it.

Wow thank you so much for the compliment:blush: I am really loving this tank so much!

My order came today and this is the main star 

DSC01108_zpsbi87sx89.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jstuver said:

Thanks so much!

Wow thank you so much for the compliment:blush: I am really loving this tank so much!

My order came today and this is the main star 

DSC01108_zpsbi87sx89.jpg

Holy Wow. 

Every time I think this tank can't get better, you go and get something like that. 

Gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 3:37 AM, Weetabix7 said:

Holy Wow. 

Every time I think this tank can't get better, you go and get something like that. 

Gorgeous.

Haha thank you!

On 4/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, vlangel said:

The tank looks fabulous Jackie.  I like how you have incorporated macro algae without the tank looking wild and out of control.

Thank you. Im a fan of out of control stuff but I will keep the macros in control or they will take over:)

On 4/30/2017 at 11:28 AM, gena said:

Oh my :wub:.  I love this so much!  And your pictures are exquisite!

Thank you:blush:

Couple new additions, I tried to stay away from acans as they are my favorites and I get addicted to them but I saw this one and loved it. In person it has a nice sparkle to it. I also picked up a branching bubble coral as I don't see them too often!

DSC01355_zpsdro8vbty.jpg

DSC01346_zpsxgnslvov.jpg

• Like 8

Horrible iPhone pics, but does anyone know the name of the green macro algae? I got a small piece from a local and its a pretty slow grower so far as it is just starting to take off finally. Oh and don't pay attention to the flatworms:furious:

9E646164-48DC-4B96-92DA-ED2D1B0A7140_zps

A1DD2730-2C57-470C-A7B9-21DEB3CCB9B0_zps

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Horrible iPhone pics, but does anyone know the name of the green macro algae? I got a small piece from a local and its a pretty slow grower so far as it is just starting to take off finally. Oh and don't pay attention to the flatworms:furious:

9E646164-48DC-4B96-92DA-ED2D1B0A7140_zps

A1DD2730-2C57-470C-A7B9-21DEB3CCB9B0_zps

Looks like Razor Caulerpa to me. 

Maybe this? http://marineplantbook.com/marinebookserrulata.htm

OMG I missed this whole build!  I haven't been on much in the past couple months.  Jackie, I love this!!!  what is that small filament purply gorg looking thing at the top?  

I'm so so sorry about your clowns :(  Live Aquaria Diver's Den had a pair of Spotinikus for sale about a week ago - I'm pretty sure I didn't spell that right.

2 hours ago, stellablue said:

OMG I missed this whole build!  I haven't been on much in the past couple months.  Jackie, I love this!!!  what is that small filament purply gorg looking thing at the top?  

I'm so so sorry about your clowns :(  Live Aquaria Diver's Den had a pair of Spotinikus for sale about a week ago - I'm pretty sure I didn't spell that right.

You're all good, you've been busy! Thank you! It was just some gracilaria I threw there its been moved now though. One of the local pet stores had a good deal on clowns so I picked up a blacker ice and a wyoming white yesterday figured Id try something new. If I don't like them I will try to search for a pair of spoticinctus. I loved my pair because their color and pattern was amazing others I have seen I didn't like.

2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Beautiful!

Thank you!

• Like 1

The lemon lime anemone will be sold tomorrow the dang thing won't stay put and keeps parking itself right in front of the powerhead and I'm afraid it will get sucked in so the last time it did it I pulled it and put it in a basket to sell, they are picking it up tomorrow.

Having no fish for the last while seems to have contributed to an outbreak of those rust red flatworms. They are getting pretty bad and I have tried to find a wrasse for sale with no luck anywhere nearby so I bought flatworm exit off amazon and then saw someone mentions prazipro as a treatment so I may go prazipro instead as flatworm exit scares me a bit. 

That nice huge purple/green mushroom that there is a macro shot of above seems to have decided it doesn't like my tank and lost a ton of color and is/has been shriveled up the past couple weeks, pretty sure it will melt away soon but I always have such bad luck with that type. 

I added a few more macros to the tank and need to do an updated FTS soon:)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

This tank is beautiful!! Such a neat idea with the air plants as well.
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. Some of the airplants seem to be doing better than others, I think some of them don't like the salt creep:(

• Like 2
Nixperience
7 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Thank you. Some of the airplants seem to be doing better than others, I think some of them don't like the salt creep:(

I agree. I think I'm slowly killing my air plants. 

9 minutes ago, jstuver said:

That would make sense, could you maybe spray them with RO to keep them free of salt creep? I don't know much about air plants.... or maybe rinse when topping off the tank?