inTank Media Baskets

One more tank for Jackie 22g long

jstuver

On 4/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Sorry bout all the sickness and craziness, hope it improves soon. 

And the poor Gorgonian!!!

Hope at least some of it recovers. 

Still think this is one of the neatest tanks on here. 

How are the colors doing on the corals?

I seem to remember you mentioning something about wanting the Zoas to color up more. 

The zoas are open and happy just don't have good color still. Hopefully they will regain it:)

21 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I think the air plants will look nice! This is already one of my favorite tanks :)

Awe thank you!

Unfortunate news today, the last couple days I noticed that my clowns had like a white dusting almost all over them today they had strings of stuff coming off of them and their eyes were covered:( they didn't last much longer. Not sure what happened and Im guessing whatever it was came on the rock I added from a tank someone was taking down as I need more live rock. I'm pretty bummed Ive had these guys for so long and they had awesome patterns. So I will leave the tank without fish for at least 8 weeks. Am I okay to add a few shrimp? Sad part is I was just getting ready to go purchase a few more fish to add to the tank I just hadn't made it out yet to do so. I guess thats a good thing seems Im guessing it was something like velvet or brooklynella that killed them as those are the closest I can find with pics

13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry about the clowns :(

8 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Oh NO, I loved those Clowns, they were so beautiful!!!!!! 

So sorry!!! :tears:

Thanks guys! They were my favorite I'm so sad! I'm guessing just the stress of the move and then maybe something was on the rocks that I used:(

does anyone know if own if I can add inverts while the tank is fishless? It's so hard to watch a tank without any fish in it!

• Like 1

I would be feeling the same as you and wanting to add some inverts, but I honestly don't know, sorry. 

Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one. 

I don't know of any reason you can't add inverts without fish. You just have to feed them a little something every once in a while. What kind are you thinking of? 

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Cute tank!!! Sorry you lost your clowns though :(

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I don't know of any reason you can't add inverts without fish. You just have to feed them a little something every once in a while. What kind are you thinking of? 

I'm not sure yet, I want to get a cleaner shrimp as mine died before I moved things to this tank and then I'm not sure what else. There aren't a lot of things around here so I need to see what the local stores have.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Sorry about the clown =(.  A cleaner shrimp sounds great.  Maybe a few hermits too?

Thanks! Yeah I have some hermits already. I also have a Halloween crab and a conch.

on another note I'm looking into maybe getting a kessil as it should sit nicely up behind my halide for the extra pop that I'm looking for. Does anyone know if just the old a150 version would give me that pop? And will I need the ocean blue or deep ocean blue?

6 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Quick iPhone pic of this scroll algae, I love the iridescent blue when looking from top down:

944C9678-D40B-4A3A-9335-D8E949AEC061_zps

Oooooohhhh, I LOVE this!!!!! :wub:

12 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Oooooohhhh, I LOVE this!!!!! :wub:

It's a fast grower and looks brown from the sides but its so cool looking top down!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jstuver said:

It's a fast grower and looks brown from the sides but its so cool looking top down!

I used to have some in my little Macro Pico that's pictured in my Sig. 

Hopefully I'll be able to get some again over the next few months. 

9 hours ago, yungKitten said:

Holy cow that's awesome.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I used to have some in my little Macro Pico that's pictured in my Sig. 

Hopefully I'll be able to get some again over the next few months. 

Let me know if not and I'm sure I will have some to spare and can ship it to you:)

• Like 1

Thanks much for the offer!! :flower:

I'll give it a month or two and see if I run across any on my own first, but if I don't I'll get in touch w/you. 

Thx again!!

O Jackie, that is heartbreaking about your clowns.  Its really hard when you have had them awhile and their coloring was quite unique. :-(  Blue scroll is a cool macro and I used to have some.  You will enjoy watching it grow.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:10 AM, gena said:

Gorgeous Jackie!!!!!  I like this tank best of all.  It looks perfect on that stand too :wub: .

Awe thanks Gena!

On 4/13/2017 at 11:06 AM, vlangel said:

O Jackie, that is heartbreaking about your clowns.  Its really hard when you have had them awhile and their coloring was quite unique. :-(  Blue scroll is a cool macro and I used to have some.  You will enjoy watching it grow.

Thanks it was a hard loss:(

Couple new additions to the tank today after visiting the LFS:)

B7FA5753-14F7-423E-BCC2-2412E4C1F86F_zps

441B13FE-2467-475B-980A-EB44A1A371E9_zps

• Like 6

Tank looks great love the rock work and good to see a old school light B) 

I had the same thing happen to my clowns in my 30 and lost only one. The other survived and the one clown was the only fish lost. I thought it was velvet but it didn't take any other fish out so who knows.

This hobby throws us curveballs every once in a while.......

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Tank looks great love the rock work and good to see a old school light B) 

I had the same thing happen to my clowns in my 30 and lost only one. The other survived and the one clown was the only fish lost. I thought it was velvet but it didn't take any other fish out so who knows.

This hobby throws us curveballs every once in a while.......

Yeah its crazy! They went from being awesome and eating to looking so bad in less than a day. 

I doubt I will find any others like them, they aren't carried much around here but we will see when the time comes. The LFS actually has a pair of them right now and the male is really pretty but the female is dang ugly! She basically looks like a clarkii with one extra dot so I refuse to get that pair lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 2:01 AM, jstuver said:

Yeah its crazy! They went from being awesome and eating to looking so bad in less than a day. 

I doubt I will find any others like them, they aren't carried much around here but we will see when the time comes. The LFS actually has a pair of them right now and the male is really pretty but the female is dang ugly! She basically looks like a clarkii with one extra dot so I refuse to get that pair lol

I was trying to remember, did you say those were Spotcinctus Clowns? 

They're just so beautiful and I wanted to find out more about them. 

Also, I LOVE your new additions, don't know how I missed those!!!