Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

19 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Lucy Lu :wub: what a cutie!

She uses that cute face to her advantage......she’s not so cute streaking through the neighborhood after skunks on the regular.  :closedeyes:

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:lol: I would totally use that! 

I love how one of the seats is a car seat....... probably from off the front porch. 

One of the most surreal rides I've ever taken was at the last Arnold Fitness Expo we went to. We're all smashed out of our minds on tequila so we call a cab. An Afghani dude shows up and he's playing bluegrass music, lol.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

An Afghani dude shows up and he's playing bluegrass music, lol.

I think it’s the mountains that make you like bluegrass......the afghani dude was just a hillbilly at heart. :)  

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Such an attractive, natural looking reef!  Very nice.  If I were a marine creature I would want to live in one of your reefs!

:flower: Thank you. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cpl_Wiggles said:

Do you spot feed Rico in addition to pod munching?

Yes.  He eats anything and everything...... that’s the only reason I kept him.

I went to a fish store two hours away from my house and bought a bi-color Blenny. When I got home I realized they gave me a Scooter Blenny...... idiots.  Luckily he is a great eater so he stayed. :)  

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I went to a fish store two hours away from my house and bought a bi-color Blenny. When I got home I realized they gave me a Scooter Blenny...... idiots.  Luckily he is a great eater so he stayed. :)  

??

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

My LFS has a lot of scooters and curiously they go crazy when they dump brine/mysis into the tank. 

I had good luck spot feeding him twice a day. I believe a parm shift stressed him and caused his untimely demise. How often do you spot feed him?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Cpl_Wiggles said:

My LFS has a lot of scooters and curiously they go crazy when they dump brine/mysis into the tank. 

I had good luck spot feeding him twice a day. I believe a parm shift stressed him and caused his untimely demise. How often do you spot feed him?

I feed the fish once a day with frozen food.  

Every so often if it looks like I’m not seeing a lot of pods, I will re-seed the tank with critters.  He likes brittle stars- which made me sad. :(  

• Sad 2

First, you are gifted with great photograohy skills.  It has been a pleasure to view your pictures.  Common corals, like the Xenia, displaying exquisite beauty in their intricate details.  Kudos to you.

I reread the first page of this thread.  The reference to IPSF (IndoPacific SeaFarm) reminded me of one of my early antics of reefing.  In my quest for diversity, I purchased a kit which came in differrent containers.  I was determined to see “the little people”.  Reading the instructions to observe critters,  I went into a dark walk in closet with a flashlight.  Instructions said to use a white background with light parrellel to background to see them.  I waited a long time to see them.  Next, I used a black background. During this 30 minutes, the wife had come into master bedroom.  Opening door to walk in closet she laughed when I told her why I was in a dark closet.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Subsea said:

First, you are gifted with great photograohy skills.  It has been a pleasure to view your pictures.  Common corals, like the Xenia, displaying exquisite beauty in their intricate details.  Kudos to you.

I reread the first page of this thread.  The reference to IPSF (IndoPacific SeaFarm) reminded me of one of my early antics of reefing.  In my quest for diversity, I purchased a kit which came in differrent containers.  I was determined to see “the little people”.  Reading the instructions to observe critters,  I went into a dark walk in closet with a flashlight.  Instructions said to use a white background with light parrellel to background to see them.  I waited a long time to see them.  Next, I used a black background. During this 30 minutes, the wife had come into master bedroom.  Opening door to walk in closet she laughed when I told her why I was in a dark closet.

Thank you.  I like to show people that you don’t need a fancy camera or photoshop to have good pics. :)  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Thank you.  I like to show people that you don’t need a fancy camera or photoshop to have good pics. :)  

Hmmm really?? After checking out your photos I figured you had some fancy smancy dslr with a macro lens and a whole bunch of filters :)

How in the world do you take these photos they are awesome..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Weikel said:

Hmmm really?? After checking out your photos I figured you had some fancy smancy dslr with a macro lens and a whole bunch of filters :)

How in the world do you take these photos they are awesome..

My trusty iPhone..... that’s it. :happydance:

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm