Coral Vue Hydros

I had a blue crocea and like you I worried over every little thing.  It was almost a relief to sell it when I went into seahorses.  Of course that is out of the pan into the fryer!

Seeing the hermit's butt made me smile.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Sorry to hear....what do you think caused it to happened

It swallowed a St. Thomas Mushroom....... killed them both. 

• Sad 2
21 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Oh damn. How long have you had that clam? 

Must resist the temptation to say all her life? :D

OK, we got one back in the 80s from a store we used to call The Dumbf*ck shop. We got a pretty green maxima for $7.99, lol. Now you know how they got the name. It was all good until we added a Saron shrimp. I came home one day to see it standing on top of it pulling its innerds out.:rant:

• Haha 3
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Must resist the temptation to say all her life? :D

OK, we got one back in the 80s from a store we used to call The Dumbf*ck shop. We got a pretty green maxima for $7.99, lol. Now you know how they got the name. It was all good until we added a Saron shrimp. I came home one day to see it standing on top of it pulling its innerds out.:rant:

Yeah yeah...I knew I was taking a chance with that one! :D

• Haha 3
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

So sorry about the clam and St. Thomas, Clammie was beautiful! 

I was bummed because it was so random :( 

still working on some rescaping of that side since it was dedicated to the clam. 

sorry to hear about the clam.  i loved that St Thomas too! :(

i guess take comfort in knowing it's nothing you did wrong, nature happens.

i still love this tank and it's natural way of life.  on the positive side of things, maybe this will open up an opportunity to get a new addition.  and i'm sure you'll take great pics of it when it happens!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Subsea said:

Following.

I hate it when tank critters eat other tank critters, except when Peppermints eat Aptasia.  Quite a testimony to have a clam for 30 years.

:welcome: 

For some reason the dead clam was more sad than a dead fish because of its sad shriveled up body......I guess you don’t realize when looking at it that the bulk of it was just water. A dead fish still looks like a fish..... a dead clam is just sad “skin” hanging off a shell. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

sorry to hear about the clam.  i loved that St Thomas too! :(

i guess take comfort in knowing it's nothing you did wrong, nature happens.

i still love this tank and it's natural way of life.  on the positive side of things, maybe this will open up an opportunity to get a new addition.  and i'm sure you'll take great pics of it when it happens!

Thank you. :) 

i am thinking of a Digitata Forrest in that spot and maybe a clam in the big tank some day. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I was bummed because it was so random :( 

still working on some rescaping of that side since it was dedicated to the clam. 

Yeah that's a freak accident for sure! And you know I love St. Thommies too so it's a double-bummer-whammy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

That’s pretty wicked 

I thought so! 

It’s a little limpet nursery in the cracks and crannies of the powerhead mount. So glad I didn’t vinegar them to death before I spotted them! 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I thought so! 

It’s a little limpet nursery in the cracks and crannies of the powerhead mount. So glad I didn’t vinegar them to death before I spotted them! 

I always hate killing the mini creatures. I don’t even like cleaning filters with pods in them. I feel bad lol. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

I always hate killing the mini creatures. I don’t even like cleaning filters with pods in them. I feel bad lol. 

Me too!  I’m like “swim away little dudes!”  :scarry:

• Haha 3
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm