ReefCleaners.org

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef V2

4x5

13 hours ago, tonydahomie said:

aquascape is sweet!

following along, hopefully you get the tank soon

Thanks! Hopefully it looks Ok in the tank or it's going to be awkward. :lol: 

13 hours ago, jaynkeel said:

Following as well. Remember the first build can only imagine what this one has in store..

Thanks for the follow. I'm looking forward to this one. :) 

12 hours ago, Nic said:

Following. I've been a member on this board for quite some time. There are a few names and tanks that have stuck out over time and your first shallow tank inspired both of my shallow builds. I'm still working toward the minimalist simplicity you made appear effortless. Apparently simple is not my natural state. Haha

Thanks, shallow tanks are the way. :D 

• Like 1
On 4/21/2017 at 5:21 PM, Pinner Reef said:

Annd following.B)

Hey. :)

On 4/23/2017 at 6:05 PM, Arkayology said:

I'm glad to see that you are starting again!

Hey Ark, good to see you around. Hope you are well! I'm excited to get going. :) Almost time for a new tank on your side? 

On 4/21/2017 at 4:22 PM, Berlibee said:

Where is the tank! 

11 hours ago, Gramophone said:

What he said!

6 hours ago, Berlibee said:

^ This ! We need an update here ...

Ahahaha. The new glass arrives this week, so unless something crazy happens (again :lol: ) - I should have the tank next week (end?). I hope so anyway, getting this tank built has been an adventure to say the least.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, 4x5 said:

The new glass arrives this week, so unless something crazy happens (again :lol: ) - I should have the tank next week (end?). I hope so anyway, getting this tank built has been an adventure to say the least.

Something crazy happened again.

giphy.gif

At least my other equipment is on it's way. omgomgomg

• Like 3
19 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Noooooooo! 

So what happened? 

Unbelievably there was another glass chipping incident. Hopefully there are no issues with take 3. <_< The builder (and I) have just had some crazy bad luck with the glass, it's 12mm as well, so it's not some skinny panes. Oh well. Onwards we march. I started cycling my main rock in the sump so long. :D

17 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

Apparently something crazy from what i read . 

:lol:

• Like 5
19 hours ago, 4x5 said:

Unbelievably there was another glass chipping incident. Hopefully there are no issues with take 3. <_< The builder (and I) have just had some crazy bad luck with the glass, it's 12mm as well, so it's not some skinny panes. Oh well. Onwards we march. I started cycling my main rock in the sump so long. :D

:lol:

Well, at least your live rock should be really mature :)

16 hours ago, urbaneks said:

Love what you did with the aquascape.  Still following along, anxiously waiting for more progression. 

Thanks Brad. Hopefully have some updates soon. :)

14 hours ago, metrokat said:

MOAR!

Soon! I'll hopefully have some equipment updates this week, the final shipment is near. :) 

2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Well, at least your live rock should be really mature :)

Haha! Yah, I just threw my corals and a few bits on rock along with the new rock into the sump so long. May as well do what I can while I wait. :) 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, Berlibee said:

Are we gonna see the tank this week? :haha:

This week I think. :lol:

On 5/31/2017 at 11:39 PM, Jonboy21 said:

Looking forward to seeing this tank. Your last shallow tank was one of the tanks that inspired me to get mine

Thanks, shallow rules. :)

On 6/7/2017 at 2:27 PM, schg said:

Following along, of course! Bad luck with the glass, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Scape looks amazing so far!

Thanks!

• Like 1

June 12, 2017 Update;

Do I win a prize for the longest pre tank build thread ever or what? It's borderline embarrassing. :lol: Fingers crossed the tank should be done today or tomorrow, the final touches are currently being added. omgomgomg

In other news my beloved Trachyphyllia somehow got blown into my Acans, let's just say it's Acans 1 : Trachy 0 - it should survive but it was smashed on the one side. The rock is pretty much cycle now though, so that's good news. 

More soon! (I hope).

• Like 1
On 6/12/2017 at 2:11 AM, 4x5 said:

April 18, 2017 Update;

Do I win a prize for the longest pre tank build thread ever or what? It's borderline embarrassing. :lol: Fingers crossed the tank should be done today or tomorrow, the final touches are currently being added. omgomgomg

In other news my beloved Trachyphyllia somehow got blown into my Acans, let's just say it's Acans 1 : Trachy 0 - it should survive but it was smashed on the one side. The rock is pretty much cycle now though, so that's good news. 

More soon! (I hope).

Wasn't yesterday June 12? Or am I missing something? haha

Looking forward to seeing this one!

• Like 1