Pod Your Reef

TJ's Bust'em Up Custom Reef - Big News!

TJ_Burton

Sorry about the loss.  We had a foot of water in our house after hurricane Irma and my tank and stand was almost a complete loss.  After you get your house in order I hope some local reefers will be able to help you get your tank restarted.

• Like 3
On 10/6/2019 at 12:14 AM, kimdawg said:

Sorry about the loss.  We had a foot of water in our house after hurricane Irma and my tank and stand was almost a complete loss.  After you get your house in order I hope some local reefers will be able to help you get your tank restarted.

Oh boy, I feel your pain...

I am really lucky to be surrounded by friends in the community who are already stepping up to help me out when I get things back in order over here. I've met a lot of great like-minded hobbyists that I am happy to call friends over the years; it makes this beautiful world of reef keeping so much more fun when you can share it with friends!

I also just had an amazing conversation with an amazing company who wants to lend me a hand, so if all goes well I might start a new build thread in a month or so! Can't wait to share this one!

• Like 7
29 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

Oh boy, I feel your pain...

I am really lucky to be surrounded by friends in the community who are already stepping up to help me out when I get things back in order over here. I've made a lot of great like-minded hobbyists that I am happy to call friends over the years; it makes this beautiful world of reef keeping so much more fun when you can share it with friends!

I also just had an amazing conversation with an amazing company who wants to lend me a hand, so if all goes well I might start a new build thread in a month or so! Can't wait to share this one!

Good to hear the wheels are already in motion on the next build........

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Sorry to hear the news @TJ_Burton 😣

You build such incredible systems every time, hard as it is to start over so soon and unexpectedly, I’m sure there’s an even better design already in the works!

2 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

Yesss!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, spectra said:

Good to hear the wheels are already in motion on the next build........

Well, I'll say I wasn't expecting to have something lined up prior to the basement being fixed, but I am crazy excited for what is coming! I dont think there will be anything quite like it. 🙂

20 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sorry to hear the news @TJ_Burton 😣

You build such incredible systems every time, hard as it is to start over so soon and unexpectedly, I’m sure there’s an even better design already in the works!

Yesss!

Thanks so much, Chris!

I am working on something really fun this time so hopefully it turns out even better than this system. It does suck to start over, but it almost feels worth it now.

19 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Omg I am really sorry 😞

❤️

• Like 1

So, here is my last post for this thread, since my next post will be in a new build thread.

I've been contacted by Kyle ( known as Elder45 in some circles) of Adaptive Reef and will be doing a completely insane themed custom build like nothing I've ever seen before!!! To kick it off, Kyle sent me a really cool 30" wall hanger to match the theme of the build.

I have not yet hung it up since I am still waiting for insurance to rebuild my basement, but thought it would be cool to show you it now since I'm too excited to contain myself! Its themed after my favorite childhood (and admittedly, still favorite) video game series!

Get pumped!

Fotor_157097693362866.jpg

• Wow 3
53 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Oh no... TJ I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you can get your house repaired nice and quick. Best of luck man. 

Thanks, Sharbuckle!

I've been given a price and go ahead to pick out new flooring so I am hoping the repair is just around the corner.

At this point I am so excited for this new build, that the Reno couldn't come soon enough!