Coral Vue Hydros

Pal's 30l reboot help ati broke need new light

pal

• 7 months later...

Hello Nano reef . I need some advice on lighting . I have been using a 4 bulb ati fixture on my tank since 2016. I am out of the loop with light fixtures. My dearly loved ati  has died and they no longer make the 4 bulb . What should I replace it with? 

On 1/12/2017 at 1:55 PM, pal said:

9/25/16 Ditched maxspect razor for ATI

20161123_112215_zpspyiemmbl.jpg

• pal changed the title to Pal's 30l reboot help ati broke need new light
mitten_reef
33 minutes ago, pal said:

Hello Nano reef . I need some advice on lighting . I have been using a 4 bulb ati fixture on my tank since 2016. I am out of the loop with light fixtures. My dearly loved ati  has died and they no longer make the 4 bulb . What should I replace it with? 

with the tank that particular tank, I'd consider looking into a combo of 2-3 new AI Blades, that should give you very similar look and feel of the old T5 fixture.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
42 minutes ago, pal said:

Thanks , will look into the ai blades, also kinda always wanted to try metal halide led hybrid, are there any halide fixtures that would fit nicely over my tank?

IMO, your tank is probably too shallow to handle an MH fixture, even a small one.  it's the light spill and overcooked corals that is gonna be your biggest obstacle, really  

30 minutes ago, Lebowski_ said:

Reef Brite 36" MH / LED

If you go MH, I recommend stockpiling a handful of bulbs, as many manufacturers aren't making reef bulbs anymore.

Dang I kinda want it. Don’t know anything about bulbs . Do I want double ended or mogul? What wattage

Just now, mitten_reef said:

IMO, your tank is probably too shallow to handle an MH fixture, even a small one.  it's the light spill and overcooked corals that is gonna be your biggest obstacle, really  

Ah that is a good point. I’ve been dreaming of upgrading tanks. Maybe I just need to get a new build going

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Do it - 1000 PAR on the sand, baby!

You’d need to suspend it quite high off the tank, in all seriousness. Mitten is right about the spill. They also have a 15” version.

Back in the day I used a 150w MH over a similar tank. It was a frag tank, and the pendant came with an arm. Made by Coralife. Too much heat, though.

• Like 1

So I contacted ATI and dudes are awesome. Just needed to do a reset and my beloved light works again!!!!! To factory reset  an ati dimmable sun power just hold down the 4 outside buttons for 8 seconds and release. I’m stoked my light works but this might have pushed me into a new build

• Like 3
19 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

If you’re ever interested in selling that ATI if you do a new build. I am very interested in purchasing it. Just saying lol

Can relate, I wish horticulture t5 brands made 3ft fixtures instead of just 2 or 4.. 😞

Getting harder and harder to find these fixtures unfortunately

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jaren45 said:

Can relate, I wish horticulture t5 brands made 3ft fixtures instead of just 2 or 4.. 😞

Getting harder and harder to find these fixtures unfortunately

I have a really sweet ATI 8 bulb 24” with some reef brites. But I just don’t have anything to use it on. I had intended to maybe go bigger one day. But I’m really enjoying my 22g long. So I may part ways with it.