SaltCritters.com

Braaap's Lounge! Come one come all!

braaap

Did they look like a bunch of gorillas? I love crossfit people. Think they are so ripped but couldn't pick up tire and wheel and load it in a vehicle if they needed too. But boy can they flip it...... lol

About tseven years ago a new family moved into the house two doors down from me, and a few months later I saw their oldest son pushing his Ford F150 down the street by himself with his friend steering it. I figured he was trying to push start it so I offered him a jump. "No thanks, I'm just working out" he said, and proceeded to push the thing up and down the street for the next hour or so.

His name is Ben Smith, he's a super nice kid, and looks like a normal person when his shirt is on. Oh, and he won the national Crossfit championship the year before last. He still works out with his two brothers at the end of the court, and for some reason all the moms seem to end up outside every time he's around :lol:

original_squared_ben-smith.jpg?v=1445374

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you all are trying to be healthy and lose weight, DON'T be like me and buy a bag of mini Starburst to snack on at work.

I ate the whole bag this morning... almost 1,000 calories :wacko:

If you all are trying to be healthy and lose weight, DON'T be like me and buy a bag of mini Starburst to snack on at work.

But....yummy!

RIP Sebastian

#beentheredonethat

I would be spewing pretty colors all over. I used to eat a ton of candy. Then I stopped for 3 years. Now I can hardly eat half a twix without feeling sick. haha

I love twix. haha

Anyone add anything interesting to your tanks lately?

I traded several really pretty unnamed sticks for one fancy named stick that isn't that pretty yet.

understatement of the year :lol:

Feed it and feed it more...................those things can be hard to keep.

I'll take both to note and take more care to spot feed. This was my only planned NPS .I feed frozen foods daily (Reef Frenzy and Mysis) along with Reef Roids. Includes spot feeding. I don't skimp out either. I have so many bristleworms because of the amount of food I put into the tank. Freaks the wife during feeding. Fingers crossed. :lol:

understatement of the year :lol:

Bbbbuuuuuzzzzzzzz....................

Yeah I know I have had a few NPS and after those I am pretty much done with a few gorgonians........

Well. Was gonna order fish tonight for Thursday delivery. As I was placing the order they went out of stock. Damn.

Happened to me on Liveaquaria/Divers den I was so excited until I hit checkout.....

Bbbbuuuuuzzzzzzzz....................

Yeah I know I have had a few NPS and after those I am pretty much done with a few gorgonians........

That big of a pain huh? How bad was your experience with them? I'm hoping they will do okay in a nutrient rich tank that rarely gets water changes.

Happened to me on Liveaquaria/Divers den I was so excited until I hit checkout.....

That big of a pain huh? How bad was your experience with them? I'm hoping they will do okay in a nutrient rich tank that rarely gets water changes.

Some I think are just not meant to go into aquariums. The red and yellow finger I have kept alive but they are not the same as the day I got them. They collect algae and are just a pita to keep. There are many others that are just a lot easier. As for the blueberry all I hear is they eventually wither away.

jedimasterben

Not to be too much of a buzzkill, but blueberry gorgonians require food to be in the water column almost 24/7 and they only will take in a very specific size of food. If you have the option to take it back, I would highly recommend it.

Some I think are just not meant to go into aquariums. The red and yellow finger I have kept alive but they are not the same as the day I got them. They collect algae and are just a pita to keep. There are many others that are just a lot easier. As for the blueberry all I hear is they eventually wither away.

Not to be too much of a buzzkill, but blueberry gorgonians require food to be in the water column almost 24/7 and they only will take in a very specific size of food. If you have the option to take it back, I would highly recommend it.

Don't stress on being a buzzkill. The place cut me a 2" frag of the colony they had. I probably could take it back if they weren't 3 hours away. I knew they required extra feeding, but did not come across them requiring food nearly 24/7. Read many had lucky feeding them meaty foods. I work from home, so I've been spot feeding it phyto thru the day. I'll have to possibly look into somewhere local that can handle them and take it possibly =/ Usual go to fish store has really gone to crap to. Never see anything healthy in their store.

jedimasterben

Don't stress on being a buzzkill. The place cut me a 2" frag of the colony they had. I probably could take it back if they weren't 3 hours away. I knew they required extra feeding, but did not come across them requiring food nearly 24/7. Read many had lucky feeding them meaty foods. I work from home, so I've been spot feeding it phyto thru the day. I'll have to possibly look into somewhere local that can handle them and take it possibly =/ Usual go to fish store has really gone to crap to. Never see anything healthy in their store.

IMHO phytoplankton are too small, they're only about 5 microns across on average depending on the species, I believe that they prefer things in the 50-100micron range, but don't quote me exactly on that, details are a bit hazy. :wacko:

I tried this same approach and ended up with a tank full of algae trying to keep a few gorgs happy. Not worth it IMO.

Archived