Cultivated Reef

2016 NR Secret Santa Gift Photos!

braaap

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting on something to arrive.

A funny story to pass the time. I also participated in Reddit Secret Santa. My santa investigated my reddit profile and found out I like aquariums. Here is his card to me.

JafRMpr.jpg

For my giftee I found out they liked hiking and had a 5 year old son. So I got her some hiking items for them both and some gourmet nuts as she listed those as a favorite food. After a week my package was sitting in the same spot not moving. I check my USPS account and see this.

GuQyr1n.jpg

I call them up and have to wait forever due to the call volume this time of year. I finally get through to talk to a rep and give her my tracking number. After a few seconds she gives a long pause and sighs. She then tells me that my package was completed destroyed in a semi truck fire!

I let my reddit SS know about the situation and she laughs about it saying shes a bad luck charm. Says thanks me for the trouble and marks that she received my gift.

I file a claim for the damages of the items and a few days later it is approved. I use those funds to buy her a new gift this time in the form of a giftcard so it would get there by Christmas.

Because I sent my package from work, today we got a company wide email with this letter.

vFjsUq2.jpg

All my coworkers chuckle about it after I admit that it was my package that was destroyed in that fire.

That is some of the worst luck ever! next time you should just email her a code with the giftcard info... watch the internet burn into flames then...

righttirefire

What is that, lures for ants?

It's suprising how small a fly or hook can be to catch such a big fish. It would be like catching human with a chocolate chip...

Got to go... I figure out my next adventure...

It's suprising how small a fly or hook can be to catch such a big fish. It would be like catching human with a chocolate chip...

Got to go... I figure out my next adventure...

Well, chocolate chips work for me!

Are those Ooey gooeys??

Two of them are.

Are those Ooey gooeys??

Nope but these are and the good kind :lol:st.jpg

The real gift showed up today! Time to fish. :D

Thanks John/Tenny!

31679780952_e6cf7c6d8c_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

Better get busy...........I used to tie flies when I was a kid. Not even sure what happened to all my stuff......hell I am sure it dust by now...

The real gift showed up today! Time to fish. :D

Thanks John/Tenny!

31679780952_e6cf7c6d8c_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

Tying flies is something I've always wanted to try. But I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head...lol. I have some very cool feathers from my chickens if you ever want to trade...fly supplies for a new light sounds fair...:-)

Tying flies is something I've always wanted to try. But I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head...lol. I have some very cool feathers from my chickens if you ever want to trade...fly supplies for a new light sounds fair...:-)

:lol:

I am sure mine are better they have poop on them ;) dumb chickens.........

Still waiting on something to arrive.

A funny story to pass the time. I also participated in Reddit Secret Santa. My santa investigated my reddit profile and found out I like aquariums. Here is his card to me.

JafRMpr.jpg

For my giftee I found out they liked hiking and had a 5 year old son. So I got her some hiking items for them both and some gourmet nuts as she listed those as a favorite food. After a week my package was sitting in the same spot not moving. I check my USPS account and see this.

GuQyr1n.jpg

I call them up and have to wait forever due to the call volume this time of year. I finally get through to talk to a rep and give her my tracking number. After a few seconds she gives a long pause and sighs. She then tells me that my package was completed destroyed in a semi truck fire!

I let my reddit SS know about the situation and she laughs about it saying shes a bad luck charm. Says thanks me for the trouble and marks that she received my gift.

I file a claim for the damages of the items and a few days later it is approved. I use those funds to buy her a new gift this time in the form of a giftcard so it would get there by Christmas.

Because I sent my package from work, today we got a company wide email with this letter.

vFjsUq2.jpg

All my coworkers chuckle about it after I admit that it was my package that was destroyed in that fire.

Oh gods, I hope my parcel was not on that... although mine should have gone by plane... send December 2nd and not yet arrived... (something I ordereed online.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to say thanks to my Secret Santa jbb for trying to get my some awesome Christmas presents!!!

He went above and beyond what I was hoping to get. But just like my bad luck with shipping to my reddit.com secret santa there was some shipping issues with getting me his gifts. After a few weeks I think he's finally able to file a claim for a lost shipment. The crew decided they still wanted to get me something even after jbb tried. Stellablue, Spectra, Merthyia, HM3105, Jack1978, Lawn, Newstead, and Eisernes chipped in a got me a BRS giftcard!!

To add extra salt to the wound on having bad luck, even getting the giftcard emailed to me had hiccups. Stella had to get on a livechat with customer support. BRS had to resend the giftcard a few times before it showed up in my inbox.

Thank you so much guys!!! It will definitely be going towards my new build.

Wanted to say thanks to my Secret Santa jbb for trying to get my some awesome Christmas presents!!!

He went above and beyond what I was hoping to get. But just like my bad luck with shipping to my reddit.com secret santa there was some shipping issues with getting me his gifts. After a few weeks I think he's finally able to file a claim for a lost shipment. The crew decided they still wanted to get me something even after jbb tried. Stellablue, Spectra, Merthyia, HM3105, Jack1978, Lawn, Newstead, and Eisernes chipped in a got me a BRS giftcard!!

To add extra salt to the wound on having bad luck, even getting the giftcard emailed to me had hiccups. Stella had to get on a livechat with customer support. BRS had to resend the giftcard a few times before it showed up in my inbox.

Thank you so much guys!!! It will definitely be going towards my new build.

Yay!! New build?!? I need to go look it up!!

Archived