Top Shelf Aquatics

Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

RIP Sebastian

RIP Sebastian

Hi all!

I've decided to start this thread because these tanks are gaining in popularity, many other tanks have them, I believe it will help others, and I have no life :).

​Pros of the Tank:

• 30 Gallon Capacity Allows for Heavier Stocking and a Somewhat (Though Not Much) Larger Margin of Error for Beginners
  • Long Footprint Allows for End-to-End Viewing
  • Shallow Enough that It Could Be Used for a Lagoon
  • No Plumbing to Worry About
  • It's a Nano!

​Cons of the Tank:

• No Sump, so Equipment is a Squeeze
  • Price- Many Will Opt for a 40 Breeder With Sump
  • Stock Pump is Noisy
  • Stock Filer Socks are Crap
  • Not Ideal for Small Spaces
  • High Evaporation Rate

The Bottom Line:

If you like long tanks and the simplicity of an AIO, this tank is for you. If you're more of a cube guy/gal, do yourself a favor and get a Red Sea Reefer or IM 40.

​Additional Equipment Needed:

• ​Light
  • Powerhead
  • ATO (Not a Necessity, but Good for Stability)
  • Mechanical/Chemical/Biological Filtration
  • Skimmer (Depending on Bioload)

Commonly Used Equipment:

Lighting

• Nanobox Quad
  • Radion XR 15 (x2)
  • Radion XR 30
  • AI Prime/Prime HD (x2)
  • 24" or 36" T5 Fixture
  • 24" Nanobox Hybrid (Duo or Quad Pucked)

​Mechanical Filtration

• InTank Media Basket or Filter Floss Holder With Filter Floss

​Chemical Filtration

• Chemipure (Blue or Elite) With Intank Media Basket
  • Phosguard With InTank Media Basket
  • IM Minimax Midsize Reactor With Carbon/GFO
  • BRS Reactor With Carbon/GFO

Biological Filtration

• Live Sand (Pounds Determined by Desired Sand Bed Depth)
  • Live Rock (Typically 25-35 Pounds)

Skimmers

• Hydor SlimSkim Nano
  • IM Midsize Ghost Skimmer
  • Tunze 9001 (AC or DC)
  • Tunze 9004 (AC or DC)
  • Aquamax WS1
  • Reef Octopus HOB Skimmers
  • Aquamaxx HOB Skimmers

​Upgraded Return Pumps

• Sicce Syncra Silent
  • MJ 1200
  • Tunze Silence PRO

Powerheads

• Vortech MP10
  • Jebao WP10
  • Jebao SW2
  • Tunze 6030/6045
  • Sicce Xstream

​Build Threads:

Hope this helps!

Nick

• Like 3

I started with a 20 and always liked the dimensions of the 30L. Broke down the 20 and well now have a 100.......but the wife wanted a small tank in her area so I picked up the 30L for her. Great little tank and love the dimensions of it. Intank baskets as yes the filter socks stink and also running the IM skimmer and not to bad. Tomorrow a sicce 2.0 goes in am tired of the noisy IM pump........

RIP Sebastian

I started with a 20 and always liked the dimensions of the 30L. Broke down the 20 and well now have a 100.......but the wife wanted a small tank in her area so I picked up the 30L for her. Great little tank and love the dimensions of it. Intank baskets as yes the filter socks stink and also running the IM skimmer and not to bad. Tomorrow a sicce 2.0 goes in am tired of the noisy IM pump........

Ayy! First visitor! I wish I could give you a prize. Start a thread!

• 2 weeks later...
RIP Sebastian

Feel free to add mine Hoping to get some updated pictures today if I have time, and get some of my whole set up. But I update monthly at least

Will do.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
RIP Sebastian

Hello, Can you add me to the list please. Anyone have any opinions on what to replace the stock pump with ? thanks,

Sure. Um, I honestly didn't replace mine. Most people here use a Sicce.

Feel free to add mine Hoping to get some updated pictures today if I have time, and get some of my whole set up. But I update monthly at least

I couldn't find your thread.

• Like 1
Michael_Price

Sure. Um, I honestly didn't replace mine. Most people here use a Sicce.

I couldn't find your thread.

Lucky you never had to replace your pump! And no problem, my thread is here

Hello, Can you add me to the list please. Anyone have any opinions on what to replace the stock pump with ? thanks,

I replaced mine with a Jebao DCS 2000. It has an external controller that I can adjust the flow on between 300gph to 530gph. Im happy with it, and I think its quieter then the Stock pump that comes with the system. I have not had a Sicce 2.0 pump, but that's what I would go with if anything else.

I had no problem with the stock pump when it was running, but mine kicked the bucket after 4 months. Still works and I use it for water changes, but its noisy as hell. I have cleaned it etc. Its just ridiculously loud. I'm sure I just got a defective unit but I don't care enough to go through the hassle of seeing if I can get it replaced, and I like having a pump for water changes :D No more Bucket Dumping B)

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Lucky you never had to replace your pump! And no problem, my thread is here

I replaced mine with a Jebao DCS 2000. It has an external controller that I can adjust the flow on between 300gph to 530gph. Im happy with it, and I think its quieter then the Stock pump that comes with the system. I have not had a Sicce 2.0 pump, but that's what I would go with if anything else.

I had no problem with the stock pump when it was running, but mine kicked the bucket after 4 months. Still works and I use it for water changes, but its noisy as hell. I have cleaned it etc. Its just ridiculously loud. I'm sure I just got a defective unit but I don't care enough to go through the hassle of seeing if I can get it replaced, and I like having a pump for water changes :D No more Bucket Dumping B)

Thank you! Added. :)

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...