Top Shelf Aquatics

NuEoK IM Fusion 30L Build

NuEoK

NuEoKFusion30L_zpsf417e799.jpg
Build thread for my Innovative Marine Fusion 30L
Any suggestions please let me know. Im open to different ideas, and any other ideas to equipment! The tank pretty new at about 2 months.

- Tank Equipment List -

IM Fusion 30L

2x IM Spin Stream

IM Custom Caddy

2x Hydor 300gph Return Pumps

IM Ghost Skimmer Midsize

IM Stand

Cobalt Neo Therm 100w + 75w

Tunze 3152 ATO

Vortec MP10

MP10wQD

Jebo 2x Fan

Radion XR30w Pro Gen3

- Filtration -

30lb Carib Sea Fiji Pink

15lb Carib Sea Dry Rock

Chemi Pure Blue

Purigen

Phosguard

2x Matrix Carbon

IM Midsize Media Reactor

RO/DI : BRS 4 Stage Value Plus

SpectraPure CPDI 4 Stage

Salt : Seachem Reef Salt

RedSea Coral Pro

- Live Stock -

SnowFlake Clown

Misbar Clown

Yellow Clown Goby

Cleaner Shrimp

Red Shrimp

6 Nassarius Snail

1 Hermit Crab

Yellow tip torch

Gold Hammer

Gold Torch

Few Florida Ricordia

CoCo Worms

Duncans

Frogspawns Purple tip and Green tip

Flower Pot

Galaxy Coral

Candy Cane

Monti

Fusion30LWhole_zps39f43333.jpg

Fusion30L_zpsd1dd7f8f.jpg

CleanerShrimp_zpsc0e26025.jpg

FireShrimp_zpsdc6e73ae.jpg

FlowerPot_zps72cd3262.jpg

NuEoKIMFusion30LTop1_zpsda72e66c.jpg

GhostSkimmerT_zps7da81949.jpg

Holy moly... super clean tank. Following!!!

Thanks! Still working on it, hopefully can get more color inside :)

awesome young! your tank looks lonely without fishy fishy...lol :D

Yes, its a bit sad looking at my tank right now... stupid ICH... :(

defender.TX

I am really interested in this because I see you've used a single AI Hydra of a 3 foot long tank. I've wanted to try this on my Nuvo 24 for a while now but didn't know how high I would have to mount the light to get decent coverage. Would you say that your coverage is adequate? How high do you have the light mounted? Are you satisfied with the light intensity at the sandbed with the light mounted that high?

I am really interested in this because I see you've used a single AI Hydra of a 3 foot long tank. I've wanted to try this on my Nuvo 24 for a while now but didn't know how high I would have to mount the light to get decent coverage. Would you say that your coverage is adequate? How high do you have the light mounted? Are you satisfied with the light intensity at the sandbed with the light mounted that high?

Right now from the bottom of the light to the tank is 16 inches. I do get full coverage from the light at those heights, and having it sideways is helping getting the spread. For my needs, with the corals I have its more then adequate. Actually its more then what I need. My current settings are:

25% W

18% Purp

12% Gr

12% Red

22% RB

20%B

15% UV

Anything higher then that I noticed faster algae growth so I kinda kept it at those levels.

I don't have a PAR meter so hard to say what exactly what the measurement is, but here is a picture to represent what the spread is kinda like.

Fusion30LLight_zps00236e2d.png

What the PAR may look like...

Above red line : 20-30%

Above Yellow line : 30-50%

Above Blue line : 50-80%

Below Blue Line : 80-100%

Our tanks are very shallow, so the light doesn't have to work very hard to get to the bottom of the tank.

How's that skimmer treating you?

So far no skims yet... And the skimmer is a bit louder then I hoped. Im just waiting till it breaks in, and hopefully it will turn out to be a good unit. But as of now, I would give it a poor rating.

Tank looks great!!!

Thanks!

paradizecityz

I'm interested in the same skimmer but you're the 2nd person that's said that this skimmer is a bit loud. Will be waiting on a follow up answer when it breaks in!

I'm interested in the same skimmer but you're the 2nd person that's said that this skimmer is a bit loud. Will be waiting on a follow up answer when it breaks in!

Yes I would wait it out until a few more reviews roll in. As of now im not really feeling this skimmer :( It just started to produce some skims but the noise levels have not dropped.

My skimmer does not have that ring on the inside of the collection cup lid?

Yea i think the desktop models are excluded from that. I have the midsize, which does come with the plastic ring attached to the lid.

Do you like the IM Stand? I just built the one for the fusion 30L and I feel like it's gonna fall apart...

My stand is pretty sturdy. There was a point here and there wasn't quit right when I was assembling it, but it is holding up just fine. Like the plastic fittings (for the machine screw on point) inside the stand were spinning loose. Some wood pegs were to loose or to stiff, or to deep some not deep enough etc..

Am I happy with the stand? Sorts OF, at $150-200 range I think its very reasonable pricing. But at 300, its hard to recommend to anyone else.

Admonition

Thanks, I'm glad to hear everyone else had a similar experience with the stand.

I noticed you have what appears to be a little cooking fan clipped in the back chamber? Do you find it actually brings down the tank temp a degree or two? I'm looking for a solution to bring my tank's temp down a degree or two until I can save up for a chiller.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear everyone else had a similar experience with the stand.

I noticed you have what appears to be a little cooking fan clipped in the back chamber? Do you find it actually brings down the tank temp a degree or two? I'm looking for a solution to bring my tank's temp down a degree or two until I can save up for a chiller.

Changing the pumps helped lower the temps down at least 2 degrees. With the stock setup the tank would always be 1-3 degrees hotter then the room temperature. Replaced the pumps, and now it's always at room temp or 1-2 degrees below it.

Another effect... It stopped creating little sand dips in the front of the glass. Since I'm using the spinstreams I can't point the water to a different spot.

Down side, the pump has slightly lower output. So it lowered the water line by about 1- 1.5mm.

• 3 weeks later...
danschargers21

You feel the skimmer is loud? I can barley hear mine... Im having issues with micro bubbles though did you experience those in the beginning? I only just added my first fish so my bio load is still pretty small so it has yet to skim anything... been running just over a week now.

Steensj2004
You feel the skimmer is loud? I can barley hear mine... Im having issues with micro bubbles though did you experience those in the beginning? I only just added my first fish so my bio load is still pretty small so it has yet to skim anything... been running just over a week now.

Mine is pretty quiet now that I turned the air valve way down. I get slight micro bubbles, but I deal with it because I get great ski,mate, especially for a nano.

danschargers21

I am having a huge problem with micro bubbles... I can't get them to stop.. its been running for almost 2 weeks. They have only gotten worse. I think I might jump ship to the tunze

Adding some filter floss to the center chamber closest to the Ghost Skimmer should trap any micro-bubbles prior to entering the RP.

Please tell me the skimmer got quieter.

No, not all full open. But as Steensj2004 stated if you close the valve a bit it will quiet down. I honestly still think its to noisy for my tastes, but then again noise is very subjective. I will try and modify the skimmer. I will bypass the stock air box and try to use a pill bottle.

You should start skimming around 2 weeks into it. Mine did, but the skim is very light for me even now. Ill try and post some of my skim tonight. But then again I have no fish in that tank :( Just some snails and shrimps.

I am having a huge problem with micro bubbles... I can't get them to stop.. its been running for almost 2 weeks. They have only gotten worse. I think I might jump ship to the tunze

My skimmer has its days... Some days I notice micro bubbles in the tanks, some days I dont. I am going to seal the skimmer better. I have noticed on one of the walls there is an opening. Its not sealed well on the seams. Hopefully time can permit soon.

Nice tank and really like the aquascaping. Where did you get the rock on the left? LFS or online?

Thank you for the comment!

Sorry hopefully I didnt get back to you so to late. I got the rock at a LFS. But they were pre-packed from CaribSea in 10lb bags. I think I only broke 1 rock off the bag, I tried to use whatever in the bag first. I knew I wanted a bit of an open scape, so this became the design. More experienced buddies were a bit against this as the placement of the corals can be difficult. But im still learning and hopefully I can create a nice reef.

No worries on the wait. I personally love the scape and you should have it how ever you want it - not others. You'll make it work.

danschargers21

I guess I will just keep my skimmer going for a bit longer and see... I am starting to get very very little skim... Only one fish currently. I am starting to hear the rattling that everyone has noticed.. although it does not bother me. I considered replacing the return pump with a mag 3... I feel I get more flow then I want or need from my return pump.. plus it comes with a foam cover inlet that might get rid of some of the bubbles from the skimmer... I wish they sold a dc pump that was only around 400 max gph :(

Archived