Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Those butterfly hooks are rated to hold like 25 lbs each. They're more than sufficient to hold a 4 lb light with two of them without needing to go into a stud. Drywall anchors like this work really well.

Thank you Felicia. I am glad to be informed. :)

• Like 1

No, I need a drill for 1/8 and 9/16 depending on what I go through. I'm going to ask my neighbor. I'm sure he has one. He made their pantry & put in a shelves & door so I'm sure he has one.

• Like 3

No, I need a drill for 1/8 and 9/16 depending on what I go through. I'm going to ask my neighbor. I'm sure he has one. He made their pantry & put in a shelves & door so I'm sure he has one.

Maybe he will offer to help :D always nice to have a extra set of hands.
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'll ask when I come home tomorrow from work. He's one of those helpful people that will help you or give you the phone number for someone who can.

• Like 2
LeCharlesMuhDickens

They have self tapping drywall anchors now that works great, just mark the spot and screw them in with a Philips. They're fairly idiot proof and would definitely support a light fixture.

• Like 2

They have self tapping drywall anchors now that works great, just mark the spot and screw them in with a Philips. They're fairly idiot proof and would definitely support a light fixture.

Yes, I've used those before to help anchor my Kessil.

• Like 1
My tiny reef

Just found this thread. I saw you mention an electrocution in another thread but I did not know the details. I'm so sorry you lost your RFAs, I know how much you love them!! I hope this new build is the ticket for you! Sounds like a perfect selection of inhabitants and I will be following along. If my baby RFAs make it then you can have pick of the litter since you have been my inspiration and wisdom from the beginning!!

• Like 1

Just found this thread. I saw you mention an electrocution in another thread but I did not know the details. I'm so sorry you lost your RFAs, I know how much you love them!! I hope this new build is the ticket for you! Sounds like a perfect selection of inhabitants and I will be following along. If my baby RFAs make it then you can have pick of the litter since you have been my inspiration and wisdom from the beginning!!

Wow, I didn't know I was anyone's inspiration. Nature does it, creates it. I think I'll have a nice mix in the tank and it'll probably be healthier than just having nems & that's it in the tank, maybe the biology will be better, I'm hoping. 40 is definitely more manageable than the shallow 60 for me.

• Like 1

So they'll be sitting in Gertie's tank until this one's ready but I got these on ebay today- no shipping.

$25
Devilshand25_zps3ex4h69i.jpg
$26
toadstoollongpolyp_zpsdqmpfgof.jpg
And look what I found at the grocery store today! Had to have it. Ignore the kitchen table that catches all things deemed important for the moment.

20160326_195747_zpsjk2ntztc.jpg

And if you missed it in Gertie's tank I have waiting there....

Branching GSP, Briarium

20160324_184941_zpsulukxcer.jpg

And the neon green sinularia that is pretty....

20160322_190054_zpszwmiz1lp.jpg

that can also give the finger....

20160323_191256_zps8mhxj8jx.jpg

and can be fuzzy...

20160324_184930_zpsci8b1j3r.jpg

and sitting in my 10g are the first 3 nems for this tank.

20160323_212459_zpsmfzrhbrw.jpg

Next week I have 2 macros coming in and the leather ebay purchases.

Also, the light will be put up and I'll put in an order for live rock.

• Like 10

Love the new purchases. Great start with those gorgeous nems.

Thanks, I need to get this light up so I can order rock and cycle. I don't want to be using a drill on the ceiling while the tank is on the stand, I couldn't even stand up that way to drill it so the tank cannot be on the stand yet. And I think I need to get these things in the tank and still give it some time before I have VIP send me the 10 free nems. That'll be a lot going on for a new tank.

• Like 1

Can't decide if I want 30, 35 or 40 lbs of rock. I had 40 in my 34 and it was too much. I know leathers grow big and then I know there are some leathers that like med to high location for light. So have to build up some to get that height. rock flowers like both rock and sand.

What do you all think? I will be taking out 3-4 rocks from Gert's tank, size of softballs/grapefruit.

Can't decide if I want 30, 35 or 40 lbs of rock. I had 40 in my 34 and it was too much. I know leathers grow big and then I know there are some leathers that like med to high location for light. So have to build up some to get that height. rock flowers like both rock and sand.

What do you all think? I will be taking out 3-4 rocks from Gert's tank, size of softballs/grapefruit.

I only used half of the rock I ordered but I got to pick and choose because I had extras. The rest are in the garage and I plan to sell them in the summer. So get more if price difference isn't huge.

I only used half of the rock I ordered but I got to pick and choose because I had extras. The rest are in the garage and I plan to sell them in the summer. So get more if price difference isn't huge.

It says 20 lbs including shipping is $110, another 10 would be $60 so 170 roughly for 30 lbs. $200 gets you 50 lbs but I don't need that much. So 170- 190 probably. Part of me thinks remove the 3-4 rocks from Gert's tank but then I think leave it as that tank has no skimmer, just macros, rock and some carbon in the AC30s.

You know, it hit me so obviously today while I opened the box with my pump and the 3 nems I bought!!!... that the reason why rock flowers struck me so much is because they were seriously the first thing I saw with beauty after Don passed. You never really know sometimes the perspective someone has, and with me that went off with a light bulb today. Not only were they beautiful but somehow they held promise. I'm not being melodramatic, it's really how I feel and that's why the electrocution also hit me so hard. It was much less about the pocket book than what they meant to me. It felt like a familiar friend opening the box today. I feel hopeful.

So, I couldn't not share and I feel like a child when I get those boxes. I could've postponed this until they were in the 40g tank but I can't. They're in my 10g right now, Nameless & Shameless.

The left one is yellow and not green.

20160322_201227_zpsk6rl0bjd.jpg

20160322_190708_zpsdzexkrmr.jpg

20160322_190656_zpsx4ndnmly.jpg

20160322_190651_zpspjhda4hd.jpg

20160322_193154_zpslrju5qbu.jpg

And now I'm running out to the store to buy a pizza.

All so beautiful. And not just the news and tank etc...I can tell you have a beautiful soul

• Like 3

So, I need to take this with me to Lowes I guess, I don't know what else to do. This is when I hate not knowing things. I don't know this shit. Men know this shit.

but then once you do it then you will know it too and not just the men :D

• Like 1

Just my .02c BUT, it is just me. I would get a Stud Finder and drill the pilot hole in and then Place ur Hooks, I don't trust "Butterfly" Clips...I'd hate to see another accident :( I'm sorry, but, I'd like to see u err on the side of caution.

*Studs are usually 16 or 24 inches on center*

Ceilings, at least most homes have, Drywall for ceilings...usually 3/8s inch thick...hence why I do not trust the Butterfly thing.

it only weighs 4 pounds

U could angle the cables....yes they may be 20 inches, but at the ceiling u can hook them at 16...the cables would be at an angle up...

/...\ <--kinda like that.

Damn, I wish I was there! I know I could help ya!

Road Trip!

• Like 2

Okay, finally got caught up-missed several days. We had a fundraiser for you? I had no idea. I would have donated for sure- I love this community! Love your new Nems and hate when spell check corrects them to "news" and I don't catch it. And you are definitely an inspiration to many of us. When you are ready for a vacay to Florida you can come here and help me make my tank more beautiful!

Happy Easter :flower:

• Like 6

Thanks, I need to get this light up so I can order rock and cycle. I don't want to be using a drill on the ceiling while the tank is on the stand, I couldn't even stand up that way to drill it so the tank cannot be on the stand yet.

We are right there with you. Annette! Picked up our nanobox hybrid last week but are going back and forth about how to hang it. Didn't think we wanted it in ceiling so had 2 L shaped metal conduit things made, thinking we would stand them behind tank, but didn't before filling tank, now stressing about what to do! You met Frank - big, strong guy but he will be the first to tell you he has 0 mechanical ability. Almost 5 weeks with water and if we could just decide how to hang lights ....

• Like 1
HarryPotter

We are right there with you. Annette! Picked up our nanobox hybrid last week but are going back and forth about how to hang it. Didn't think we wanted it in ceiling so had 2 L shaped metal conduit things made, thinking we would stand them behind tank, but didn't before filling tank, now stressing about what to do! You met Frank - big, strong guy but he will be the first to tell you he has 0 mechanical ability. Almost 5 weeks with water and if we could just decide how to hang lights ....

Newstead, I waited weeks deciding on how to mount my light as well. Then I hung them. It takes two drywall screws and you're done, it doesnt even require an electric drill! It sounds hard but it's really not.

• Like 1

And look what I found at the grocery store today! Had to have it. Ignore the kitchen table that catches all things deemed important for the moment.

20160326_195747_zpsjk2ntztc.jpg

Cool! I saw those at my grocery store too! I love air plants and mixing shells and air plants is awesome :).

New leathers are fabulous too :happydance:.

I read this as "the rest are in the garbage". Never realized how closely garage and garbage are spelled :lol:.
  • Like 3

Cool! I saw those at my grocery store too! I love air plants and mixing shells and air plants is awesome :).

New leathers are fabulous too :happydance:.

I read this as "the rest are in the garbage". Never realized how closely garage and garbage are spelled :lol:.

How true... :lol::D

• Like 1