Coral Vue Hydros

Shallow Rimless Reef....lets do it right this time

do_0b

Added a green slimer tonight! Love how bright they are under atinics. Can anyone show me how to adjust the white balance?

27699037815_0c8d5c4be0_k.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tank Update 11/03/16

Sorry guys havent been on here for a while. Tank was going down hill about a month ago. I lost some frags due to high nutrients and alk swings I believe. Kind of gotten things under controlled now kinda. Nonetheless tank is about 7 months old now and here are some pics of livestock I snapped. (Still a noob with a camera so bare with me)

Hammers:

30645318632_89709729e9_k.jpg

Royal Gramma:

30129843854_6e61278721_k.jpg

Green monti:

30129842904_715699098e_k.jpg

Blue shroom: colour is unreal....picture doesnt do it justice..

30761978735_e870060675_k.jpg

Tyree Toadstool w/ blue sponge and red zoas

30129844944_aeed4fc380_k.jpg

Tank Shot #1:

30645320802_a15f0561b9_k.jpg

Tank Shot #2:

30129846184_291674ea01_k.jpg

Last one:

30645319672_c8a7694036_k.jpg

• Like 8

Looks great!

Thanks man..your tank is dope as well!

always wanted a shallow rimless tank. You do it justice. Looks great.

Thanks! 4x5 and doogan was my inspiration for this tank...im sure they were for others as well :)

thanks man! hows your tank coming along?

All good as well :) First month passed with no issue after the transfer. Params are stable, mostly water changes now hehehe ... :)

• Like 1

So I was running zeolites initially for the 2 week cycle method. Now I have a reactor I'm not using. Anyone try running carbon or Biopellets with it?

Torch Garden: Mandarin Swag, Rainbow Torch, Aussie Torch

30581825050_7f6aecd106_k.jpg

Acro colony: Bought it only for $20 :lol:

30581826450_d6cf92536e_k.jpg

Sunset Milli: Kinda blurry but I love the PE on it :)

30581825670_fdbe8c10bf_k.jpg

• Like 1
Mikeymikemike

Very nice set up.

Have you thought about placing the two mp10s at the back for a cleaner side view with some rearrangement of the corals to adjust for flow differences.

Very nice set up.

Have you thought about placing the two mp10s at the back for a cleaner side view with some rearrangement of the corals to adjust for flow differences.

Hey Mike,

Yes I thought about it but theres no room because of my return outlets are in the way....if my tank was slightly wider I wouldve done it.

Actually I was able to fit them on the back...it was tight...my mp10 are really close to the side glass...maybe 1/2" clearance only..gonna test the flow for a couple days and see how the corals respond

Marc.The.Shark

Nice, Nice, Nice! Love the actinic shots! Looks like you initially had some rock out of the water. What happened with that, not like it? Just curious as I almost went that route myself, but the wife put the kibosh on that when I told her a snail or two may crawl out. Lol, had to get a screen top. Also, how's the Flame Angel working out; doing any nipping or you keeping it well fed? Luv 'em, but scared to try one.

I have mine right up next to the glass and it's fine. As long as it doesn't blow sand

ok cool. yeah so far its not blowing the sand..i did ramp up the intensity and we'll see if it ends up causing a sandstorm.

Nice, Nice, Nice! Love the actinic shots! Looks like you initially had some rock out of the water. What happened with that, not like it? Just curious as I almost went that route myself, but the wife put the kibosh on that when I told her a snail or two may crawl out. Lol, had to get a screen top. Also, how's the Flame Angel working out; doing any nipping or you keeping it well fed? Luv 'em, but scared to try one.

i had to tear my rock apart to catch a fish a couple of months ago. Then just decided to go with a new scape. I have a small rock that comes out of the water...maybe 1/2" though lol. As far as the flame angel goes, so far so good, no nipping on the corals. Jus swimming and grazing the glass, sand and rocks. I believe keeping it well fed will make it not go for the corals.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Brains are dope. If i didnt have a giant green frogspawn, i would have a brain for sure... but too much green...... if i find a red one!?!? hmmmmmm....