Cultivated Reef

Buyer : Braaap not to be dealt with

bobssecrtsn

I hope so...

speaking of superglue... can someone ID this frag? (I have an ID thread, but it's gonna get 50x more traffic here - lol)

blue%20chalace.jpg

Damn that's a nice frag. Some sort of leptastrea probably

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so...

speaking of superglue... can someone ID this frag? (I have an ID thread, but it's gonna get 50x more traffic here - lol)

blue%20chalace.jpg

Looks like a leptoseris :)

same?? Tiffany Mint Leptoseris - Kat said it "might" be lepto - we know she's pro so...

23342213086_d483e7289d_c.jpg

Damn that's a nice frag. Some sort of leptastrea probably

yeah! It was $40 so I hope it grows! I actually recently got a Lepastrea too .. Lepastrea, Leposteris, Lobster Bisque

leposteris*

That is what I was thinking but I don't do exact names.

same?? Tiffany Mint Leptoseris - Kat said it "might" be lepto - we know she's pro so...

23342213086_d483e7289d_c.jpg

yeah! It was $40 so I hope it grows! I actually recently got a Lepastrea too .. Lepastrea, Leposteris, Lobster Bisque

Good find. To me - it looks too fuzzy to be a leptoseris. Leptastrea have much more fuzz to em.

I hope so...

blue%20chalace.jpg

It does look pretty similar to Blueberry Bush Leptastrea.

DMO227%2029%20Blueberry%20Bush%20Leptast

But to me the growth edges and striations look much like leptoseris.

I don't think that coral is reef safe. You can send it to me - I know how to dispose of it safely.

I don't think that coral is reef safe. You can send it to me - I know how to dispose of it safely.

Here is a closer / side view so you can identify the procedure needed

IMG_4895.jpg

Not reef safe? ok- PM me your address and I'll drop it off at the UPS store. I've never shipped a coral before, they'll know what to do right?

IMG_9722.jpg

DMO227%2029%20Blueberry%20Bush%20Leptast

What I was thinking about the leptoseris as well - and it doesn't have that typical standard roundish eye look that leptastrea seems to have.

Marc.The.Shark

Not reef safe? ok- PM me your address and I'll drop it off at the UPS store. I've never shipped a coral before, they'll know what to do right?

Now THAT's funny!!! And appropriate to this thread!! Lol
LeCharlesMuhDickens

Now THAT's funny!!! And appropriate to this thread!! Lol

I had one of those before, slightly smaller but man it ####ed up everything. Bastard leaped out of my tank one night, dented my fixture and broke one of my bulbs. When I confronted it about the shenanigans and gave it the repair bill, it skipped town, I'm still trying to collect.

I had one of those before, slightly smaller but man it ####ed up everything. Bastard leaped out of my tank one night, dented my fixture and broke one of my bulbs. When I confronted it about the shenanigans and gave it the repair bill, it skipped town, I'm still trying to collect.

The coral did?! I do have an egg crate and widow screen lid , think it'll break thru? If my LEDs are in danger I should chuck this thing in the snow .

LeCharlesMuhDickens

The coral did?! I do have an egg crate and widow screen lid , think it'll break thru? If my LEDs are in danger I should chuck this thing in the snow .

Don't chuck it in the snow, I know a place that takes troubled coral, I think they charge $40.

Here is a closer / side view so you can identify the procedure needed

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_9722.jpg

:lol:

The fuzziness has got me thinking Lithophyllon perhaps?

newcoralsA2205a.jpg

Don't chuck it in the snow, I know a place that takes troubled coral, I think they charge $40.

like a coral rehab? Get it back on the straight and narrow?

:lol:

The fuzziness has got me thinking Lithophyllon perhaps?

newcoralsA2205a.jpg

Does that one behave? It looks sweet

No where else have I ever seen a thread change direction so fast. However, I am sure many of us expected it to go this way. When I saw the title of this thread I knew immediately that it would be a good read :lol:

Also love how there are an unexpected number of people who are actually "following" this thread. Love it. Im in.

LeCharlesMuhDickens

like a coral rehab? Get it back on the straight and narrow?

Does that one behave? It looks sweet

It's like intervention, A Jeff Van Vonderan ish person handles things. Little ####er will return to you a fine example of a gentleman. For $40 and a trip to your local third party UPS affiliate, what do you have to lose?

The other one looks suspect too, send his ass too, you can never be too careful when it comes to these things. Stop dents before they start.

You shall provide a link to that thread and I will judge that. :P Nothing better to do than homework right now and I am suffering from college senioritis.

This *might* beat Jack1978's doser thread. MIGHT. Close either way...

No where else have I ever seen a thread change direction so fast. However, I am sure many of us expected it to go this way. When I saw the title of this thread I knew immediately that it would be a good read :lol:

Also love how there are an unexpected number of people who are actually "following" this thread. Love it. Im in.

I'm here to bring the lols. This one backfired on the OP. I still wanna know if he will change the thread title.

That's it! I'm unfollowing my own build thread so I can focus on this one!

You have a build thread?

Archived