ReefCleaners.org

Buyer : Braaap not to be dealt with

bobssecrtsn

I posted up a for sale thread for a 36" ati dimmable, we agreed on shipping etc and I left the light at ups for them to pack and ship,

A few days later he receives the item and tells me the bulb is bad, missing screw, and a dent due to incorrect packaging(I have text of him admitting it's packaging fault and also another text telling me as long as it gets to him in one piece). I tell him that I left the light at ups in perfect working order and no damage, and he yells saying it is my fault because they packed it incorrectly? How is it my fault. Things escalates quickly with him cursing and threats being made and he files a dispute with PayPal wanting a partial refund for the damage etc.

PayPal then takes money out of my PayPal, and wanting proof of what went wrong, I show them evidence and they decide to refund him the money and he ships back the unit.

The next day he provides a invalid tracking number that has already been shipped. Sketchy?

I call PayPal and file a claim. Because he has his money and the light. They then close the case being in my favor.

Will I do a transaction with him? Never again.

I did not send him a hanging kit, until I found the one that was lost in my new fixture. After that I sent it to him immediately - I do take partial responsibility but no where in my post said it came with a hanging kit or all original components

PayPal knows of this transaction and has put a warning or a negative point on his account due to suspected scam charges.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I provide the tracking to paypal of the hanging kit that you sent back to yourself because you claimed I got it. They put it in the paypal tracking for some reason. They put a negative mark on YOUR account. Not mine. For generating a false paypal email.

I also got my money back via my Amex and they will be sending you to collections over the $40 in parts.

And now I'll load ALL of the screenshots from you. Wait for it.

haha. You know you are in hot water when a vendor here says he had issues with you.... And that is not directed at myself.

That is not what it says on my payp

I provide the tracking to paypal of the hanging kit that you sent back to yourself because you claimed I got it. They put it in the paypal tracking for some reason. They put a negative mark on YOUR account. Not mine. For generating a false paypal email.

I also got my money back via my Amex and they will be sending you to collections over the $40 in parts.

That's not what it says on my PayPal account, you should double check before you post.

I can't comment on the rest, but I will say it is the seller's responsibility to get something to the buyer in the shape it was advertised in. That's certainly not the buyer's fault if something is damaged in shipping and it is the seller's responsibility. This is why insurance is offered so the seller is covered if the item is damaged in shipping. So while it isn't your fault it was damaged by UPS packing or not packing correctly, it certainly is your responsibility to either refund the buyer if the item isn't in the condition was advertised in OR provide a partial rebate for the damaged parts.

You're going to want to update that one more time, his name is still in the heading and closing text.

Also, shipper responsible no matter who packs it. If it was UPS and it was damaged in transit, then you file a claim with UPS. Probably an easy win if you contracted them to pack and ship. If shipped UPS Ground you'll get $100 plus shipping charges via check. Buyer is never responsible for logistics damages. Ever.

You're going to want to update that one more time, his name is still in the heading and closing text.

Also, shipper responsible no matter who packs it. If it was UPS and it was damaged in transit, then you file a claim with UPS. Probably an easy win if you contracted them to pack and ship. If shipped UPS Ground you'll get $100 plus shipping charges via check. Buyer is never responsible for logistics damages. Ever.

Updated

I have been told if you have time to do it twice (or thrice in this case) then you can do it right the first time. fix that name

Updated

There is no vender in here that has had hot water with me if they do then have them talk to me about it, if not don't make assumptions

haha. You know you are in hot water when a vendor here says he had issues with you.... And that is not directed at myself.

f2fd2a0f-8b88-4157-b493-62a934e08de2_zps

As everyone can see. I was very cordial in the entire situation until he tried to say this was ridiculous because it got damaged. He didn't even offer to replace the bulb or the screw! I asked paypal for $40! ATI wants $1.95 + $7.95 shipping for a screw. A bulb is $20 plus shipping. I paid an additional $9 for the hanging kit to be shipped to me! Who sells an ATI without the hanging kit?!

I have since filed a claim with my American Express for $40 and have already received my funds. This was over to me. I wasn't going to blast this guy. But he tried to put me on blast. He has dealt with a vendor recently who I happen to be talking with. It hasn't been a pleasant experience for that vendor. I wont drag them into this but I'm sure they will read it soon and might chime up.

Guess I could also mention the fan vents shroud mounting points are broken and the shrouds are rusty.

Side note. I paid shipping. It was $57. He told me he would refund the difference. I paid $60 for shipping. Never got that refund. I also paid for the box and the fees he paid UPS to pack the light.

if I may interject.

It is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that it is packaged correctly, ergo, the seller should have overseen how UPS packaged it.

It should never be the buyers responsibility to have to foot the return bill, in fact when anything gets returned to sender, they foot the bill.

after reading the interaction, I believe that a remark such as buy a new one was a bit uncalled for. I strongly urge Braap to send those details to Paypal, and I would probably strongly urge people to avoid this seller on the grounds of not wanting to take responsibility of ensuring their product reaches their buyer in good condition. That and attitude.

I have had circumstances where product reached me smashed and the Seller was - no problem, and sent a new one to replace it with little more than a request for photos of the damaged product. I left positive feedback because it was a positive experience.

Indeed, it is important to contact the shipping company immediately if a package is damaged and the product inside is damaged. That is the responsibility of the sender.

I find this day and age it is so much easier for people to push the blame on someone else. So sad.

if I may interject.

It is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that it is packaged correctly, ergo, the seller should have overseen how UPS packaged it.

It should never be the buyers responsibility to have to foot the return bill, in fact when anything gets returned to sender, they foot the bill.

after reading the interaction, I believe that a remark such as buy a new one was a bit uncalled for. I strongly urge Braap to send those details to Paypal, and I would probably strongly urge people to avoid this seller on the grounds of not wanting to take responsibility of ensuring their product reaches their buyer in good condition. That and attitude.

I have had circumstances where product reached me smashed and the Seller was - no problem, and sent a new one to replace it with little more than a request for photos of the damaged product. I left positive feedback because it was a positive experience.

Indeed, it is important to contact the shipping company immediately if a package is damaged and the product inside is damaged. That is the responsibility of the sender.

I find this day and age it is so much easier for people to push the blame on someone else. So sad.

Exactly. Would I avoid him? I don't know. He was very nice UNTIL last night. He didn't want to take fault at all. If UPS mangled the box I MIGHT be ok paying shipping or splitting return shipping. But this was a packing error. Least he could of done is said "here is $40 to cover the bulb and screw. Hope that helps." and I would have moved on and been fine. Instead Amex gave me my money back(the $40 I asked for) and I'm on my way. He can deal with them when they come for their money.

So you sold a light. Braaap got a damaged light.

That is all that matters. Complain to UPS if you want, but Braaap bought a light in the condition described.

Exactly. Would I avoid him? I don't know. He was very nice UNTIL last night. He didn't want to take fault at all. If UPS mangled the box I MIGHT be ok paying shipping or splitting return shipping. But this was a packing error. Least he could of done is said "here is $40 to cover the bulb and screw. Hope that helps." and I would have moved on and been fine. Instead Amex gave me my money back(the $40 I asked for) and I'm on my way. He can deal with them when they come for their money.

it seemed quite pleasant until he basically said buy a new light, then it tumbled from there. As someone who has worked in retail, that is not how you deal with a client. And your request was not unwarranted and not unreasonable. I know those bulbs are so expensive, one reason why i haven't gone that route(says I with an costly LED array) It would not be his fault if, say UPS, had a foot ball game with the package - I have seen vids, but an error in packing, not enough to protect the product. My nanobox came in a well packaged box inside yet another box. He saw to it I got my product as it was intended.

UPS doesn't require you to send anything back for inspection. They will go to the delivered address and inspect.

The shipper files the claim, never the receiver.

I forget where a PP claim stands but looks like the light works, the dent is superficial and the missing screw I-let thingy is easy to get at a hardware store (assuming) or $10 from vendor.

If buyer wants to keep light offer a refund to make up for the damage, busted lamp and missing screw I-let thingy. Do your UPS claim, recover $100 plus shipping costs. Or pay to have it shipped back and fully refund. Those are your options if PP hasn't already decided.

Sucks being a seller when things get damaged doesn't it? But that's the game. Learn to pack on your own next time, UPS store 1st doesn't know what they are doing plus they rape you on packing charges as well as their UPS ground rates are bend you over right in the ass. Print a label online next time if you don't have an account.

Instead Amex gave me my money back(the $40 I asked for) and I'm on my way. He can deal with them when they come for their money.

Never mind. There was the solution. Seller will have a chargeback $40 plus a $25 PP chargeback fee. 40 bucks seems very reasonable for the damages.

UPS doesn't require you to send anything back for inspection. They will go to the delivered address and inspect.

The shipper files the claim, never the receiver.

I forget where a PP claim stands but looks like the light works, the dent is superficial and the missing screw I-let thingy is easy to get at a hardware store (assuming) or $10 from vendor.

If buyer wants to keep light offer a refund to make up for the damage, busted lamp and missing screw I-let thingy. Do your UPS claim, recover $100 plus shipping costs. Or pay to have it shipped back and fully refund. Those are your options if PP hasn't already decided.

Sucks being a seller when things get damaged doesn't it? But that's the game. Learn to pack on your own next time, UPS store 1st doesn't know what they are doing plus they rape you on packing charges as well as their UPS ground rates are bend you over right in the ass. Print a label online next time if you don't have an account.

Never mind. There was the solution. Seller will have a chargeback $40 plus a $25 PP chargeback fee. 40 bucks seems very reasonable for the damages.

Aquacave sent me a light and the glass was broke in shipping. UPS picked it up then Aquacave gave me a refund 3 days later.

This is why it's never wise to sell a T5 light with bulbs. You can throw them in for free but let person know you are not responsible with how they arrive. Of course it's still way too easy for someone to do a chargeback with paypal no matter if they are in the right are wrong as your CC will always side with you and PP doesn't want to get stuck with the chargeback.

This is why it's never wise to sell a T5 light with bulbs. You can throw them in for free but let person know you are not responsible with how they arrive. Of course it's still way too easy for someone to do a chargeback with paypal no matter if they are in the right are wrong as your CC will always side with you and PP doesn't want to get stuck with the chargeback.

I even told him in a text I wasn't too concerned with the bulb. Just the dent and the screw. When he made no effort to fix that and wouldn't take responsibility for the light being damaged and missing a screw then I became concerned with the bulb.

All this said I appreciate those who backed me. I did nothing wrong and only asked for $40 or him to pay return shipping. I got my money back from Amex and they will collect from the seller or PayPal when they see fit. Good luck to the seller in the future. I have no ill will towards him. It's over in my book.

Archived