Cultivated Reef

Buyer : Braaap not to be dealt with

bobssecrtsn

It is odd though that the UPS store said the item had to shipped back to them for inspection. That's just absolute BS. I have had UPS pack stuff for me before and all they require is a picture of the item upon arrival if it is damaged. That is why you are paying them over half the shipping fee to pack the thing in the first place.

It's crazy how weak the metal is on the Sunpower though. Couldn't have been that much force applied by the plug.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is odd though that the UPS store said the item had to shipped back to them for inspection. That's just absolute BS. I have had UPS pack stuff for me before and all they require is a picture of the item upon arrival if it is damaged. That is why you are paying them over half the shipping fee to pack the thing in the first place.

It's crazy how weak the metal is on the Sunpower though. Couldn't have been that much force applied by the plug.

UPS crushed a brand new chiller that I sent to Kat , they wanted it for inspection when the claim was filed. Then they gave me the refund / and busted chiller

Sorry if you think it's bs, but that's what they said and because the dent was not noticeable in the picture that apparently they could not see but I could

I work for a The UPS Store so I can tell you how it works.

Either party can call 1(800)742-5877 and press "0" until you get an agent on the phone. Give the agent your tracking number and tell them the item was damaged in transit. They will contact the receiver to either schedule an inspection on site or take the item to the distribution center to be inspected. The recipient must also have the box, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts when the package gets inspected. Under the "Pack and Ship Promise" or whatever it's called you are reimbursed the packing, shipping, and items value if UPS is the responsible party. If the claim is approved, UPS will send the check to the shipper.

You should tell the agent that the metal housing was dented and they the bulb got broke. The store should have took the bulbs out when they packaged it up. The reason the store doesn't want to help is because it makes their insurance rate go up for every package that gets damaged that they process.

As far as pricing, go check UPS.com for the price then go to the store and get a price. Same price +$0.20 cms fee. If you add signature, C.O.D., or a higher declared value your price will be higher at the store. Base shipping is the same as UPS, but add-ons can be marked up. If your store is charging a base shipping rate higher than they are suppose to, they run the risk of loosing the franchise.

Hope this helps both parties out!

One thing I might add, always insure for the full retail value of the product when shipping. That's saved my butt a couple times when selling computer hardware that UPS broke.

jedimasterben

One thing I might add, always insure for the full retail value of the product when shipping. That's saved my butt a couple times when selling computer hardware that UPS broke.

+1

This adds to what bhskicker18 said above - if UPS (or FedEx/USPS) is at fault, they will only pay the item value UP TO the declared value of the package (that you pay extra for), plus shipping charges on top of that, and if it is center packed and not customer packed, packaging is refunded, as well.

The seller is going on my,"Do not buy from list."

@OP:

You left the light at UPS to package the unit, so it IS your fault for it being damaged. You relied on a third party to properly pack something for you, dumb mistake. So, simply because you contracted a third party for packaging doesn't negate your responsibility if it arrives broken. It's your job to file a claim with the shipping company, not the buyer. It is ethically wrong that you filed a rebuttal claim, clearly malicious because you were mad. Anything damaged and not as described gives the buyer the right to return the item, one scratch is enough. You were WAAAAY in the wrong on this one. My BAE was not.

Cencalfishguy56

I even told him in a text I wasn't too concerned with the bulb. Just the dent and the screw. When he made no effort to fix that and wouldn't take responsibility for the light being damaged and missing a screw then I became concerned with the bulb.

All this said I appreciate those who backed me. I did nothing wrong and only asked for $40 or him to pay return shipping. I got my money back from Amex and they will collect from the seller or PayPal when they see fit. Good luck to the seller in the future. I have no ill will towards him. It's over in my book.

Gotta love braap man! Haha surprised you were that nice bud, furthermore I've sold items to braap before great dude to work with and very helpful, also it is definitely the sellers duty to make sure the product arrives in one piece and everything goes smoothly, I know personally when I sell stuff I ask the buyer for a follow up to make sure they are satisfied and get exactly as was described

This a very interesting thread. Anyone got any popcorn.

Michael Jackson..... DUHHHHH

tmpQzHoRV.jpg

Either party can call 1(800)742-5877 and press "0" until you get an agent on the phone. Give the agent your tracking number and tell them the item was damaged in transit. They will contact the receiver to either schedule an inspection on site or take the item to the distribution center to be inspected. The recipient must also have the box, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts when the package gets inspected. Under the "Pack and Ship Promise" or whatever it's called you are reimbursed the packing, shipping, and items value if UPS is the responsible party. If the claim is approved, UPS will send the check to the shipper.

You should tell the agent that the metal housing was dented and they the bulb got broke. The store should have took the bulbs out when they packaged it up. The reason the store doesn't want to help is because it makes their insurance rate go up for every package that gets damaged that they process.

As far as pricing, go check UPS.com for the price then go to the store and get a price. Same price +$0.20 cms fee. If you add signature, C.O.D., or a higher declared value your price will be higher at the store. Base shipping is the same as UPS, but add-ons can be marked up. If your store is charging a base shipping rate higher than they are suppose to, they run the risk of loosing the franchise.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Buttttt I got my money and ordered my repair parts. Amex will get theirs back. :D

Exactly.

+1

This adds to what bhskicker18 said above - if UPS (or FedEx/USPS) is at fault, they will only pay the item value UP TO the declared value of the package (that you pay extra for), plus shipping charges on top of that, and if it is center packed and not customer packed, packaging is refunded, as well.

Yup. I just shipped my old ATI out to the buyer. Insured that baby for what he paid and then some. I also let him know every little issue on it. Told him if he isn't happy shoot me a text and I'll get him squared away right away.

Again. Thanks for the support everyone. I'm done. The light is over the tank and working. I'll take it down this weekend and repair the fan shrouds and try to remove the dent. Luckily my LFS had a replacement bulb on hand. :D

Cencalfishguy56

tmpQzHoRV.jpg

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Buttttt I got my money and ordered my repair parts. Amex will get theirs back. :D

Exactly.

Yup. I just shipped my old ATI out to the buyer. Insured that baby for what he paid and then some. I also let him know every little issue on it. Told him if he isn't happy shoot me a text and I'll get him squared away right away.

Again. Thanks for the support everyone. I'm done. The light is over the tank and working. I'll take it down this weekend and repair the fan shrouds and try to remove the dent. Luckily I had a replacement bulb on hand. :D

image_zpsnezqx6f2.jpeg

Thank you very much for this information, it will be useful in future <3

tmpQzHoRV.jpg

Exactly.

Again. Thanks for the support everyone. I'm done. The light is over the tank and working. I'll take it down this weekend and repair the fan shrouds and try to remove the dent. Luckily my LFS had a replacement bulb on hand. :D

a2f07f80-19ed-4686-9316-a6968f540c11.jpg

I don't really care if I am wrong or not, I can give a birds behind, I'm just saying that it did not resolve between both of us that's why he filed a claim to PayPal.

Am I going to pay to ship the item back for ups to inspect it? Absolutely not. Did I tell him he can file it at ups and bring it to his ups? Yes, but did he? He filed the claim for PayPal, wanting a refund, I told them he can keep his money and just send the light back, did he? No. Did he give PayPal a tracking number pretending it was being sent to me ? Well I don't know. To me it just felt like a scam, and what's weird is, if he paid the fees and filed with PayPal, why did they take my side? Even though he had a clear discription of the item?

You all can say I am wrong, he could've simply sent the fixture back, and he have his money back. So I am done here.

I would also like to note, After he sent me the items were wrong, I was going to send them his way after driving to the UPS store.

3BE46867-D58F-4FF8-8219-76E800FA418C_zps

I don't really care if I am wrong or not, I can give a birds behind, I'm just saying that it did not resolve between both of us that's why he filed a claim to PayPal.

Am I going to pay to ship the item back for ups to inspect it? Absolutely not. Did I tell him he can file it at ups and bring it to his ups? Yes, but did he? He filed the claim for PayPal, wanting a refund, I told them he can keep his money and just send the light back, did he? No. Did he give PayPal a tracking number pretending it was being sent to me ? Well I don't know. To me it just felt like a scam, so I am done!

The entire problem came from you allowing a shitty pack job which allowed damage.....and unless there are missing texts.....yours were the shitty ones.

Not sure why you're bitching about braaap.

1,000+ views. This might be the most viewed thread in Buyer/Seller feedback!

48506926.jpg

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

More than 3 As is acceptable. :D

Oh and how the hell do you cut that blue/white floss crap? My scissors no likey. And razor blades are a pain.

Not even close braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Mr. Coral feedback threads were epic

I actually just had a UPS store pack and ship a 36" ATI fixture for me last week. The difference being I made sure to explain in detail how fragile it was and how it should be packed. I paid through the nose, but they actually did a good job. And trust me, if it had arrived damaged to the buyer, I would be taking full responsibility, which is why I insured it.

My scissors no likey. And razor blades are a pain.

Scissors I've never even tried a razor sounds like a disaster. Get a pair that works better than your current UPS packing/shipping/seller shitty pair. Cereal cuts like butter but it has to be real scissors not those short bus safety ones you're using.

48506926.jpg

Oh and how the hell do you cut that blue/white floss crap? My scissors no likey. And razor blades are a pain.

I just got a ton of filter floss and it's... Different. Soft, cuts through and through with scissors. Like usually it's somewhat rough on one side but now it's all soft. I kind of like it since it cuts so easily

tmpQzHoRV.jpg

Exactly.

Are there fan shrouds "necessary"? Or just aesthetic

braaap, on 25 Feb 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

48506926.jpg

Damn.... Did you have to post this? Now I'm gonna have nightmares....

StevieT, on 25 Feb 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Not even close braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Mr. Coral feedback threads were epic

Yes Steve they were!

Archived