Top Shelf Aquatics

Alexey's Shallow 30x30x12 - New Acro Colonies !

Berlibee

10 hours ago, Asureef said:

The owner seems pretty cool though.  I got a bird star wrasse from him, he said its been in the tank for months and eats all prepared foods.  He's right, it ate everything I through in the tank today and looks actively healthy.

You go to Fintastic?

I thought that place closed down, or are you talking about a diff. location?

No it's a new store. They will be celebrating a year soon: Address: 303 E Durham Rd, Cary, NC 27513

https://www.facebook.com/Fintasticwc/

Check the prices:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1104087626237&ca=64a8638a-d7ac-4c2a-b682-e0f2fabc95a4

:happy:

I have to say this is a beautiful little tank I love everything . Great build . This tank is making me really consider a CDA custom tank.. thank you for the amazing tank that you have Berlibee... amazing build.

• Like 1
On 3/9/2017 at 2:30 AM, clayjess said:

I have to say this is a beautiful little tank I love everything . Great build . This tank is making me really consider a CDA custom tank.. thank you for the amazing tank that you have Berlibee... amazing build.

Good luck with your new tank and thanks! ;)

OMG! This is crazy, my tank is DINO FREE! After 22 doses (x2 a week) of Vibrant tank is 100% clean, no signs of dinos at all for days already. Honestly, I thought that I will lose this battle it was everywhere and nothing was helping as I've reported a few weeks ago. It was coming back with the same strength with every new light cycle. But last week, one day it just didn't comeback after the night ... I have no idea what happened I was just constantly doing the same thing, 10% water changes once a day and dosing x2 a week Vibrant. I did also a few days of very targeted removal of dinos, removed a lot maybe this ... maybe something else but anyway BEST DAY EVER!

:lol: :D :wub: :haha:;)

Also I've added a white board, ordered it here - http://www.cuttingboardcompany.com/ - 1/4 Inch WHITE Cutting Board very nice price comparing to the starboard.

Dino_Free001.jpg?format=1000w

Dino_Free002.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 6

Good God everything looks absolutely amazing and healthy as can be,I'm glad to see that everything is getting back to normal man. You need to do some individual coral shots !!!! 

• Like 1

Thanks!

Some of them lost colors, mostly blue and purple. Will dose a little bit more of PIF and take some pictures. Really happy to see clean rocks now and open zoas.

:haha:

Oh I'm sure,that's to be expected though. Glad to see things coming back together. I'm in the process of fighting Bryopsis myself and I'm in my 3rd day of dosing,so I'm happy to see that I may be interested in my tank again here soon. 

24 minutes ago, do_0b said:

hey dude,

how much ml are you dosing for ca, mg, and alk a day?

I'm not dosing Mg. at all. Only two parts ESV B-ionic Alk and Ca.

At this moment for my 60g total water:

Alk: 12 ml. total divided by 12 doses during the day.

Ca: 5 ml. total divided by 4 doses during the day.

;)

• Like 1

Some sps, 4 of them, lost colors in the last few weeks. Mostly blue and purple, hard to say why all other avery very bright. Started to dose a little bit more of PIF.

Current water params:

NO3: 0

PO4: 0.04

Alk: 7.0

Mg: 1450

Ca: 440

K: 440

Thinking to adjust the dosing schedule and bump CV and maybe Xtra.

Your nutrients are super low but it would be nice to see some NO3, so perhaps feed the tank a bit more and the corals will respond to it. Dosing 1ml of Xtra a couple of extra days a week won't hurt either. Just keep an eye on your nutrient levels. :)

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Example of the color loss and now let's HEAVY FEEEEEEEED hehehehe:

Lost_Color.jpg?format=2500w

Bring up your no3, 5-10ppm is good. 

I dose some nitrate when it gets too low.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Asureef said:

Bring up your no3, 5-10ppm is good. 

I dose some nitrate when it gets too low.

Thanks, yes that's the plan. I think 10 is too much for Zeovit. But I will go up to 3-5! Cheers! ;) 

28 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Thanks, yes that's the plan. I think 10 is too much for Zeovit. But I will go up to 3-5! Cheers! ;) 

IDK what 3 looks like.  Honestly, I can't tell the difference between 10-20 with salifert.  lol 

Zeovit is too much work for me.  Similar to bio-pellets or carbon dosing, I always end up with nutrients imbalance issues.  

Now, I just rely on the skimmer and feeding a decent amount.  Some carbon every now and then.  My nutrients lvl have been maintaining quite well with no3 at 10ppm and po4 at .01-.03ppm.  I have no algae, monti's are growing like crazy. I have to trim them every 3 days or so to keep them from hitting the glass or out the water.  And, thanks for recommending Fintastic, I was there last week for their sale and purchased a Purple tang for $80 bucks!! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Asureef said:

IDK what 3 looks like.  Honestly, I can't tell the difference between 10-20 with salifert.  lol 

Zeovit is too much work for me.  Similar to bio-pellets or carbon dosing, I always end up with nutrients imbalance issues.  

Now, I just rely on the skimmer and feeding a decent amount.  Some carbon every now and then.  My nutrients lvl have been maintaining quite well with no3 at 10ppm and po4 at .01-.03ppm.  I have no algae, monti's are growing like crazy. I have to trim them every 3 days or so to keep them from hitting the glass or out the water.  And, thanks for recommending Fintastic, I was there last week for their sale and purchased a Purple tang for $80 bucks!! 

Hehehe super, trim some acros and drop them in my tank. :D Yes, Fintastic is awesome. Join the newsletter they have specials every week.

13 hours ago, introvert said:

:wub: Falling in love with your tank. I am really interested by shallow ones.

I should get mine.

:wub:

12 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

so jealous of this tank!!!  i had issues with turd looking SPS till i started to feed more and dose aminos and vitamins.  may also be because my tank matured more....

I've increased the dosing as well. We will see how it's going to affect the colors. Will post an update in a few weeks. ;) It started after the dino bloom.