Top Shelf Aquatics

Alexey's Shallow 30x30x12 - New Acro Colonies !

Berlibee

See you run a super blue tank like me. I'm sure the C+ does put out a good bit of white though. I definitely thought you were running a 6 bulb lol good lord. But your tank is 30x30 though,so that makes sense.

See you run a super blue tank like me. I'm sure the C+ does put out a good bit of white though. I definitely thought you were running a 6 bulb lol good lord. But your tank is 30x30 though,so that makes sense.

Blue is powa!!! :lol:

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks great.

I've always used reef crystals and the one time I tried red sea blue bucket it didn't work out and came back to reef crystals.

My cousin works at one of the biggest shops in Orlando near UCF and they swear by tropic marin salt...

Is it worth the money? Or the risk of switching..?

Ps: get some orange safety glasses for $5 from Amazon and watch the transformation of colors! The glasses block blue light while revealing the fluorescence of the coral. You'll be amazed and your pics will be epic. Use with blue light only.

• Like 1

Looks great.

I've always used reef crystals and the one time I tried red sea blue bucket it didn't work out and came back to reef crystals.

My cousin works at one of the biggest shops in Orlando near UCF and they swear by tropic marin salt...

Ps: get some orange safety glasses for $5 from Amazon and watch the transformation of colors! The glasses block blue light while revealing the fluorescence of the coral. You'll be amazed and your pics will be epic. Use with blue light only.

I have switched I think more than a year ago from Red Sea PRO to the regular Tropic Marine with no issue and I liked it. And now to Tropic Marine PRO because of the Zeovit. I really like that salt.

I have some orange filters for the studio lights that are changing the light temperature maybe it is the same. I will try it. Thanks. ;)

Looks great.

Which store does your cousin work at,Living Reef seeming they swear by Tropic Marin lol.

I may look into the blue bucket Red Sea when I finish my bucket of Aquaforest. I feel like had way better colors and everything was more full and healthier but the Alk killed it for me at 13-14. I've been told Tropic Marin is amazing,but never tried it.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have switched I think more than a year ago from Red Sea PRO to the regular Tropic Marine with no issue and I liked it. And now to Tropic Marine PRO because of the Zeovit. I really like that salt.

I have some orange filters for the studio lights that are changing the light temperature maybe it is the same. I will try it. Thanks. ;)

I first tried an orange filter as i thought it would do the same but it almost makes everything come out green.... the cheap safety glasses do the trick... you just awkwardly have to hold them in front of the lens... in my case, my phone...

Also, whats the difference between regular TM and the TM Pro?

26271668420_d76bbb46d7.jpgOrange Filter by Jon Llama, on Flickr

26690328716_94a2331f87.jpgOrange Top Down 4-29-16 by Jon Llama, on Flickr

Which store does your cousin work at,Living Reef seeming they swear by Tropic Marin lol.

I may look into the blue bucket Red Sea when I finish my bucket of Aquaforest. I feel like had way better colors and everything was more full and healthier but the Alk killed it for me at 13-14. I've been told Tropic Marin is amazing,but never tried it.

Ya, Living Reef. Ive just always had success with Reef Crystals so never felt the need but they do swear by it and I'm just skittish because of my last instance when i switched...

• Like 1

I first tried an orange filter as i thought it would do the same but it almost makes everything come out green.... the cheap safety glasses do the trick... you just awkwardly have to hold them in front of the lens... in my case, my phone...

Also, whats the difference between regular TM and the TM Pro?

26271668420_d76bbb46d7.jpgOrange Filter by Jon Llama, on Flickr

26690328716_94a2331f87.jpgOrange Top Down 4-29-16 by Jon Llama, on Flickr

Ya, Living Reef. Ive just always had success with Reef Crystals so never felt the need but they do swear by it and I'm just skittish because of my last instance when i switched...

I have to do the same thing lol. My girlfriend makes fun of my every time she sees me doing it lol.

Ahhhh okay.

Hmmmm .... lost three fishes in one week.

- Anthias was hiding and not eating for a few days.

- Clown jumped out.

- And one Chromis, found it on the flow pump.

No signs of fighting or anything else ...

:mellow:

ph or high alk? something driving them crazy?

No I've checked everything. Params of the water are good. Alk 7.5. Ph is stable as well, Min. 7.95 Average: 8.1 Max: 8.35 looks like just coincidence ...

Christmas Time ! From the next week I will introduce into the system some new products. I'm very excited to see how corals will respond to the new dosing products, full list of the used products now is:

(New in bold)

1. Coral Snow.

2. Zeo Start.

3. Pohl's Xtra Special.

4. ZeoBac.

5. Sponge Power

6. Coral Vitalizer.

7. PIF Concentrate.

8. Coral Booster.

9. Amino Acid Concentrate.

10. B-Balance.

11. Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast.

This is the new dosing schedule that I will follow from now. I'm going very careful with all the dosing so I can follow all the changes by introducing the new products to the system and be sure I'm not overdosing anything. On the right you can see a gray timeline from the top to the bottom, this is when each product is introduced. For example 1 Month it was Sponge Power + ZeoBac + Coral Snow. On the second month Coral Vitalizer and Xtra Special were added to the system with 2 weeks between them etc. So in 2-3 months from now I will follow the full dosing schedule that is listed here. Overall the system is doing very well and I think it is a good time for new products and it's Christmas ! :lol:Happy Holidays !

ZeovitSchedule.png?format=2500w

• Like 1

Careful with that oyster feast. I blew my tank up with algae once!

Thank you. Do you remember your dosing amount ?

I'm dosing only 30 Drops for my 60g once a week. Which is the minimum recommended daily dose. So it's really a very small amount.

I would love to hear more details about your experience with it. Thank you.