Coral Vue Hydros

Slowtwitch's Not So Nano

Slowtwitch

Looks great. Its so funny because in the full tank shots, the corals don't look all that big because the tank is so huge. But then when you take closeup shots of the corals, its like woah those are actually HUGE! You definitely have some really nice big pieces in there! I love that you can have nice big colonies in larger tanks like this.

No lions? :( The trigger sounds pretty awesome though! However, my lionfish are totally puppy dog like with their begging too!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great. Its so funny because in the full tank shots, the corals don't look all that big because the tank is so huge. But then when you take closeup shots of the corals, its like woah those are actually HUGE! You definitely have some really nice big pieces in there! I love that you can have nice big colonies in larger tanks like this.

No lions? :( The trigger sounds pretty awesome though! However, my lionfish are totally puppy dog like with their begging too!

The lions aren't off the table yet, just worried that with a couple more triggers they might get harassed a lot.

Hopefully soon. I have the specs on all the equipment I need to set it up, just need to pull the trigger with my IT guy.

that hammer would match colorwise with your tank beautifully, but I think it would be the biggest thing in there. It's about the size of a cantaloupe.

Yeah I can tell it's HUGE!

I had a dream this morning that my husband was setting up a tank for me, about the size of this big one in your office. I didn't want it and I was mad he was doing it LOLOLOLOL.

This dream is sooooo far from the truth...in that he would NEVER set up a tank for me. He tries to get me to take them down LOL. I have no idea why I had it. But I'm glad I didn't want one even if they are awesome :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream this morning that my husband was setting up a tank for me, about the size of this big one in your office. I didn't want it and I was mad he was doing it LOLOLOLOL.

This dream is sooooo far from the truth...in that he would NEVER set up a tank for me. He tries to get me to take them down LOL. I have no idea why I had it. But I'm glad I didn't want one even if they are awesome :lol:.

When I got this I really thought it was going to be mint green. Guess again. Still pretty though.

cFravVk.jpg?2

HI there!

ydXOo5U.jpg?1

Weeds!

dIvjuM2.jpg?1

hIHhbPZ.jpg?1

Weak ass bubbles on this BTA... <_<

bVpjx4T.jpg?1

When I got this I really thought it was going to be mint green. Guess again. Still pretty though.

cFravVk.jpg?2

HI there!

ydXOo5U.jpg?1

Weeds!

dIvjuM2.jpg?1

hIHhbPZ.jpg?1

Weak ass bubbles on this BTA... <_<

bVpjx4T.jpg?1

Love the trigger! Are they both still doing well for you? Has the other one gotten less shy yet? Definitely fascinating fish!

BTAs are so weird. I have like 8-9 and sometimes they're all bubbly, then sometimes they're all stringy, and then sometimes they're some mix of bubbly and stringy. This is all without any changes to light or flow. I don't understand how they decide their mood day to day!

Love the trigger! Are they both still doing well for you? Has the other one gotten less shy yet? Definitely fascinating fish!

BTAs are so weird. I have like 8-9 and sometimes they're all bubbly, then sometimes they're all stringy, and then sometimes they're some mix of bubbly and stringy. This is all without any changes to light or flow. I don't understand how they decide their mood day to day!

Triggers are doing great. Both very social. Have a third in QT. A beautiful male red tail. The tangs and foxface now also come to eat from the hemostats to make sure they get a piece of fish or squid. The triggers and eel are such piggies. Everyone begs at the glass. That picture above is actually my sailfin begging.

I found you some more triggers :D Mated pair of crosshatches!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=302559

26037325975_fd2ba02c23.jpg

Triggers are doing great. Both very social. Have a third in QT. A beautiful male red tail. The tangs and foxface now also come to eat from the hemostats to make sure they get a piece of fish or squid. The triggers and eel are such piggies. Everyone begs at the glass. That picture above is actually my sailfin begging.

Awesome! Glad to hear your eel is doing well too! They're so much fun to feed! And yeah mine is a crazy piggy. Mine got impatient during feeding time last night and bit my finger because I was lazy and didn't put on my gloves. Luckily he is doesn't actually do any damage, just startles me! Oh, I see that's a tang now, doh!

I found you some more triggers :D Mated pair of crosshatches!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=302559

26037325975_fd2ba02c23.jpg

Awesome! Glad to hear your eel is doing well too! They're so much fun to feed! And yeah mine is a crazy piggy. Mine got impatient during feeding time last night and bit my finger because I was lazy and didn't put on my gloves. Luckily he is doesn't actually do any damage, just startles me! Oh, I see that's a tang now, doh!

I'll take them if you're buying! They're beautiful.

I'll take them if you're buying! They're beautiful.

I think those are a bit out of my budget sadly! Those would be quite the crown jewel pair of triggers though!

cFravVk.jpg?2

I guess you won't be needing mine now LOL.

It looks great BTW :).

Tank cleaning day. Didn't want to take pictures of a dirty tank, now its too cloudy to take them after stirring up the sand bed. Oh well, another day.

Got a new Red Tail trigger today. Already making himself at home and eating like a champ. Sadly the Christmas wrasse that was supposed to go in with him did not make it. The guy that was QTing him for me said he developed a weird growth and died yesterday. Guess I'll try again. Also talked with the supplier about a few other options for fish. Looking at maybe a harem of Squareback Anthias. Probably a Lyretail Hogfish and an Aussie Tusk. Hoping for a Blonde Naso. Trying to decide on another wrasse to go along with the Christmas. Any suggestions?

Tank cleaning day. Didn't want to take pictures of a dirty tank, now its too cloudy to take them after stirring up the sand bed. Oh well, another day.

Got a new Red Tail trigger today. Already making himself at home and eating like a champ. Sadly the Christmas wrasse that was supposed to go in with him did not make it. The guy that was QTing him for me said he developed a weird growth and died yesterday. Guess I'll try again. Also talked with the supplier about a few other options for fish. Looking at maybe a harem of Squareback Anthias. Probably a Lyretail Hogfish and an Aussie Tusk. Hoping for a Blonde Naso. Trying to decide on another wrasse to go along with the Christmas. Any suggestions?

Fathead Anthias. I've always loved the looks of them. I know..it's not a wrasse LOL.

Fathead Anthias. I've always loved the looks of them. I know..it's not a wrasse LOL.

They are beautiful, just not so sure if they would do well in a fairly aggressive tank. I like that the squarebacks can get up to 7+ inches. That's a lot of color flashing around. :naughtydance:

Sorry about the Christmas wrasse! You should get a bird wrasse! Those are really cool in large tanks! I'm actually tank sitting for my friend that has two huge sheds in his backyard full of tanks (like 1000 gallons total). Anyways, he has a big 300 gallon that has a beautiful bird wrasse in it that I was admiring when I was feeding them yesterday. Their noses are super cool!

Or of course a harlequin tusk, those are wrasses :D

jedimasterben

It would get ripped to shreds in a tank like this unfortunately.

The tusk sounds great! I think square back anthias would be good if they were purchased as adults so they'd be pretty big.

First day back in the office in 10 days. Tank looks remarkably good. Staff did a good job maintaining things and keeping everybody fed and happy. Only thing amiss is it looks like my big nem may have walked across the fox and is now bothering the pink trachy. Doesn't look like permanent damage, but they aren't real happy today. I may have to move those two if the nem decides it likes this new spot.

Ah no worries on the bubbles on the bta,mine doesn't have them either.

The nems are doing great. Not worried about the bubbles, they come and go. This big one though is a monster. He's a good 8-9 inches across now. That is a lot of ground to cover when he starts walking around.

First day back in the office in 10 days. Tank looks remarkably good. Staff did a good job maintaining things and keeping everybody fed and happy. Only thing amiss is it looks like my big nem may have walked across the fox and is now bothering the pink trachy. Doesn't look like permanent damage, but they aren't real happy today. I may have to move those two if the nem decides it likes this new spot.

Not my favorite pink trachy omgomgomg.

What's the pink & light blue/green coral?

It's a trachy. It is full sized so about 7-8 inches across. That's to show how big the nem is next to him.

Archived