ReefCleaners.org

Slowtwitch's Not So Nano

Slowtwitch

I love how you placed the flowy torches on the ends and that natural light showing in the 2nd pic makes it look so natural, like you're out in it and you're looking in a pool.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple updates:

FTS in sunlight

9tBOYmA.jpg

WfrymzC.jpg

MXVAkdO.jpg

Fox in the background looking happier

IOhwy4t.jpg

oxfywj0.jpg

BrrKFKz.jpg

Love the natural sunlight on the tank! The fox does look happier :happydance:. I love that you placed it near my favorite brain coral too :).

Love the natural sunlight on the tank! The fox does look happier :happydance:. I love that you placed it near my favorite brain coral too :).

I was hoping they would get along, and there's still room for your pink fox when the times comes. B)

A couple updates:

FTS in sunlight

9tBOYmA.jpg

WfrymzC.jpg

MXVAkdO.jpg

Fox in the background looking happier

IOhwy4t.jpg

oxfywj0.jpg

BrrKFKz.jpg

You nailed that scape! Looks amazing and it's only 1 month old.

You nailed that scape! Looks amazing and it's only 1 month old.

Thanks Buddy. I'm really liking how it is coming along. Going to need lots more zoas and palys to fill in some areas, but they will come with time. A few more fish coming in the near future as well. B)

Woah! Looks so awesome already! Such puffy corals, especially those brains. I love how this is coming together. You're making me so jealous. I want a big tank :)

Woah! Looks so awesome already! Such puffy corals, especially those brains. I love how this is coming together. You're making me so jealous. I want a big tank :)

Thanks Felicia! Everyone should have a big tank like this to play in. I love it. Still waiting on a healthy lion to come my way. I might have a lead on a Volitan. If I get him, I might not get the fuzzy unless I can get a really nice yellow one. We'll see.

Thanks Felicia! Everyone should have a big tank like this to play in. I love it. Still waiting on a healthy lion to come my way. I might have a lead on a Volitan. If I get him, I might not get the fuzzy unless I can get a really nice yellow one. We'll see.

If I had a tank that big, I'd definitely go for a volitan. They're such show stoppers and I think they tend to be less shy than the dwarf lionfish. Granted, I think the fuzzies are pretty outgoing like my dwarf zebra. My fu manchu and antennata however are less outgoing and spend quite a bit of time lurking.

Ok, so you should totally buy this for your tank! I want one but it is way too big :(

0310161-131.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=300641

If I had a tank that big, I'd definitely go for a volitan. They're such show stoppers and I think they tend to be less shy than the dwarf lionfish. Granted, I think the fuzzies are pretty outgoing like my dwarf zebra. My fu manchu and antennata however are less outgoing and spend quite a bit of time lurking.

Ok, so you should totally buy this for your tank! I want one but it is way too big :(

0310161-131.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=300641

he's on my list. :-)

Yay! Definitely get the Australian variety!

I was a little leery of ordering one at first because my lfs used to have one and all it did for months was lay on the bottom of the tank acting dead. Learned they aren't all like that. Need something bright that moves around to contrast the triggers.

I was a little leery of ordering one at first because my lfs used to have one and all it did for months was lay on the bottom of the tank acting dead. Learned they aren't all like that. Need something bright that moves around to contrast the triggers.

Sounds like a crappy indo, aussie is the only way to go for those beauties and their coloration is much better and their overall health is far superior as well ;)

Good afternoon from the reef. Trying to keep things updated here relatively regularly to show some progress in how things are filling in. Getting a couple of new pieces tomorrow and will move a few more from the other tanks on the weekend so I'll update things again then.

QH1f20z.jpg

fDsRfkJ.jpg

Pretty sure this one is not yellow, but I'm sure someone will say it is... :rolleyes:

XwoGoIP.jpg

RYMt9LQ.jpg

BcjQmuU.jpg?1

wlguEu3.jpg

2CAOEkt.jpg

The mussel shells in the last picture were a meal for the Niger trigger. Now they are his toys. He likes to carry them around the tank from time to time. I think he has the best personality of any fish I've ever had.

Good afternoon from the reef. Trying to keep things updated here relatively regularly to show some progress in how things are filling in. Getting a couple of new pieces tomorrow and will move a few more from the other tanks on the weekend so I'll update things again then.

QH1f20z.jpg

fDsRfkJ.jpg

Pretty sure this one is not yellow, but I'm sure someone will say it is... :rolleyes:

XwoGoIP.jpg

RYMt9LQ.jpg

BcjQmuU.jpg?1

wlguEu3.jpg

2CAOEkt.jpg

The mussel shells in the last picture were a meal for the Niger trigger. Now they are his toys. He likes to carry them around the tank from time to time. I think he has the best personality of any fish I've ever had.

Friggin awesome. The Niger is way cool I'd like to see his puppy dog routine

Friggin awesome. The Niger is way cool I'd like to see his puppy dog routine

As soon as I open the lid he comes to beg. Then when he gets his chunk of food he races around and shakes it just like my Dane with her sock toy. You NEED a trigger tank. I may forgo the lions altogether to get a couple more species of trigger.

It looks so lovely w/ the big corals!!

Thanks! I can't wait until they really start growing and filling in. I counted six new heads starting on the bicolor frogspawn today. And two on the big hammer. I hope that all the acans spread enough to completely cover the shelf they are on.

The fox is looking even happier!!!!! That hammer is awesome...I love the color and size. When will you be live-streaming for us???? ;)

As soon as I open the lid he comes to beg. Then when he gets his chunk of food he races around and shakes it just like my Dane with her sock toy. You NEED a trigger tank. I may forgo the lions altogether to get a couple more species of trigger.

I like them alot ( and great danes :wub: x2,btw twitch,since you have a big ass mossler dog,you should look at oli collars,they rock)

I really dig this tank man,you've outdone yourself.

The fox is looking even happier!!!!! That hammer is awesome...I love the color and size. When will you be live-streaming for us???? ;)

Hopefully soon. I have the specs on all the equipment I need to set it up, just need to pull the trigger with my IT guy.

that hammer would match colorwise with your tank beautifully, but I think it would be the biggest thing in there. It's about the size of a cantaloupe.

I like them alot ( and great danes :wub: x2,btw twitch,since you have a big ass mossler dog,you should look at oli collars,they rock)

I really dig this tank man,you've outdone yourself.

She wears a breakaway collar to hold her tag, but where I live I rarely walk her with a leash. She minds well enough not to leave my side until I tell her it's ok, and then it's only out in big open fields where she is free to run. Those collars are sweet though. ..

Hopefully soon. I have the specs on all the equipment I need to set it up, just need to pull the trigger with my IT guy.

that hammer would match colorwise with your tank beautifully, but I think it would be the biggest thing in there. It's about the size of a cantaloupe. She wears a breakaway collar to hold her tag, but where I live I rarely walk her with a leash. She minds well enough not to leave my side until I tell her it's ok, and then it's only out in big open fields where she is free to run.

No doubt,but,a regal dog looks good with a regal looking old world style collar. But, I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff :)

Archived