Pod Your Reef

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Tank is looking good Harry! I missed a bunch last i saw you were having algae issues. Were you able to get rid of it? Also how much space do you have in the cabinet and do you love Red sea Products im thinking of going bigger and im debating between cadlight and red sea.

Tank is looking good Harry! I missed a bunch last i saw you were having algae issues. Were you able to get rid of it? Also how much space do you have in the cabinet and do you love Red sea Products im thinking of going bigger and im debating between cadlight and red sea.

Thanks DrGibby! The cabinet is pretty spacious. On the left side its the sump, and I also have my UV sterilizer there. On the right size is all the electronics. Its a bit crowded but with three wave maker controllers, two 1L dosing reservoirs, doser, two EB8's, 2 apex modules, ATO controller, and so many power supplies its what you expect.

The algae issues went away once I started feeding more and getting the tank back in balance, when I was away the tank wasn't getting enough food so it made things go out of wack.

I do love Red Sea tanks. Cadlights has a history of terrible customer support, I wouldnt shop there. Red Sea tanks are just exquisite, the silicon perfect, sump well thought out, and the overflow silent. Couldn't think of what else I would want in a tank!

dang, what are you feeding your tank?!? coral growth hormones????

Reef Roids and Mysis :wacko:

• Like 1

Kind of want another fish, here is the current stocking:

2 True Perculas

1 Pencil Wrasse

1 Fairy Wrasse

1 Midas Blenny

1 Bicolor Blenny

1 Chromis

1 Cardinalfish (I want another!)

• Like 1

Looks good harry. Quick question. I want to supplement my leds with two t5's. Which bulbs would you reccomended? I was thinking ati coral+

I would also do coral+, and then use LEDs to provide the blues. But I have no experience with hybrids!

Tang

I just feed mysis and even at that, sometimes every 2 or 3 days if I forget or am tired. I'm worried a tang would starve especially given there's no algae for it!

Here you go

B205D985-0B72-42F4-A055-4EE51135B16E_zps

• Like 1

I just feed mysis and even at that, sometimes every 2 or 3 days if I forget or am tired. I'm worried a tang would starve especially given there's no algae for it!

I feed mysis a lot too and both of my tangs love it. I dont feed algae much...you can always supplement with nori sheets once a week

• Like 1

I feed mysis a lot too and both of my tangs love it. I dont feed algae much...you can always supplement with nori sheets once a week

You have to remember I'm a lazy reefer...... I can barely remember one type of food!

This picture really shows the monster red caps size. The tank is 20" front to back and the cap is a few inches away from touching both sides!

IMG_0029_zpsev0lbbwv.jpg

• Like 4

Here you go

B205D985-0B72-42F4-A055-4EE51135B16E_zps

Thanks Harry, More space then i thought i was leaning toward the red sea 250 i wonder what there cabinet looks like... I just dont want to spend the money but i keep hearing from everyone that its worth it. Wish i could find one of those sales i hear about where i could get a 250 for $900.

your wires are killing the ocd in me.. if you need them cleaned up ill offer my services ;)

I would also do coral+, and then use LEDs to provide the blues. But I have no experience with hybrids!

Thanks man. That was the plan. Just needed somebody running t5's to tell me i was right.

Thanks Harry, More space then i thought i was leaning toward the red sea 250 i wonder what there cabinet looks like... I just dont want to spend the money but i keep hearing from everyone that its worth it. Wish i could find one of those sales i hear about where i could get a 250 for $900.

your wires are killing the ocd in me.. if you need them cleaned up ill offer my services ;)

Clean them up all nice and take some picks off the rack ?

• Like 1

That's crazy beautiful. Reminds me of one of my favorite non-saltwater pics I've taken and I always thought it looked like it was under water. Just beauty on a dying tree. It's just interesting mimicking the same shape as montis.

DSC_0032_zpsioptmssi.jpg

• Like 1

You have to remember I'm a lazy reefer...... I can barely remember one type of food!

This picture really shows the monster red caps size. The tank is 20" front to back and the cap is a few inches away from touching both sides!

IMG_0029_zpsev0lbbwv.jpg

This cap is no longer huge and beautiful :(

I took the entire rock out of the water- yeah, my entire right island- and used a drill and screwdriver to break off a big portion at the top that had aptasia. I did a bit too much, but NO MORE APTASIA! They were the only thing bothering me about the tank, and POOF theyre gone.

But of course now the next thing is all the frags at the bottom of the tank so I ordered two frag racks :wacko: which brings the total to 5.

• Like 1

Tank is looking awesome! And love the dogs!

Thanks!

Realized my tanks pH issue MIGHT be related to my skimmer pump being 100% clogged with algae haha. No wonder I haven't had to empty the cup in weeks ?

• Like 1

Kind of want another fish, here is the current stocking:

2 True Perculas

1 Pencil Wrasse

1 Fairy Wrasse

1 Midas Blenny

1 Bicolor Blenny

1 Chromis

1 Cardinalfish (I want another!)

Get a couple of these. I think they'd compliment your current list well:

p-89514-chalk-bass.jpg

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350