Innovative Marine Aquariums

KG's Fusion 10 - A Rare Update

kguske2

So long overdue update. Tank has been through basically 9-10 months of neglect. Since moving into the new house, tank kinda took a backseat, between house projects, and travel for work. I was lucky if I did one water change per month and as a result the tank essentially looks "worse" than it did, but its still kicking! 

Lost the zoa frags as they developed nasty bubble algae that look over the entire frag plugs, but luckily it didn't seem to spread beyond the plugs. Most of the ricordea didn't survive the move to the new house either. So here's a few pics of what's remaining fresh after a water change. Hoping to put more time into the tank and get things thriving, not just surviving. 

36285608352_8ddfb3e06d_c.jpg

36285607972_5686c913d8_c.jpg

36056993910_79cf05de3c_c.jpg

36285606862_fb5de04220_c.jpg

36285607402_6490aefae0_c.jpg

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

He lives and so does his tank :lol: hope all is well. Daddy yet :) ? 

All is good! No dad yet, although that would probably be a better reason for me never being on here anymore! 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hows it hangin ?! 

Doing good! Just super busy! 

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

The jawbreaker with all dem babies. :D

Glad to see things are still kicking around!

It always surprises me to see another baby pop out from under the big one. 

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Glad to see thw tabk chuggin' along. How is the new pad treating you ? 

New house has been great. Getting a fence put up next week so the dog will have a yard to fully enjoy. Next up is the hot tub on the back patio! 

How you been?

• Like 1

Oh nice,I know the doggo will enjoy that. Good sh*t,nothing wrong with that,something everyone can enjoy. 

Doing good,still recovering from Irma. Still alive so I can't complain. 

On 10/3/2017 at 8:25 PM, kguske2 said:

So this arrived today. Probably a bit more exciting than the coral tomorrow

37435498716_a61e8ba932_b.jpg

36773774844_d980a67a76_b.jpg

Nice!!! What brand is that Jacuzzi? Almost looks like a Hot Springs but not 100% sure. I've owned a Hot Springs for 11 years it's amazing! 

5 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Nice!!! What brand is that Jacuzzi? Almost looks like a Hot Springs but not 100% sure. I've owned a Hot Springs for 11 years it's amazing! 

Nailed it! It’s their Hot Spot line, the Rythym. Electrician coming tomorrow to hook it up

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kguske2 said:

Nailed it! It’s their Hot Spot line, the Rythym. Electrician coming tomorrow to hook it up

Very nice. 102 seems to be my sweet spot :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long overdue update comes with a dose of bad news. 

Went to Aruba over thanksgiving holiday (that’s not the bad news) and forgot to plug the ATO back in after changing the water the day before I left.

Was gone total of 5 days and came home to a burnt up return pump, empty back chamber, 68 degree water and salinity at 1.3. 

Tank currently has a small pump I use to mix water to provide some surface turbulence while a return pump has been ordered and should be here tomorrow. Added some fresh water last night to slightly drop salinity and will bring it back to normal over the next day. 

Doesnt look like anything died (thankful for zoas and shrooms) but tank has definitely looked better. Lots of shriveled up corals 

• Sad 2