Coral Vue Hydros

Hijacked - RTF's RFA Nuvo 8

righttirefire

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

Nah. My little nuvo will look like a blanket once they grow up. 12 RFAS...

Lights are coming up right now and some colors are really popping!

righttirefire

Is your fusion coming down? Lol... I know it. Move the 20 into a 40 and the nuvo into the 8. Keep the 8 as a frag tank. Lol

Is your fusion coming down? Lol... I know it. Move the 20 into a 40 and the nuvo into the 8. Keep the 8 as a frag tank. Lol

Not sure to be honest.....I might just have to make it into a RFA garden........I like these little things and not sure I want to move them into the 42.....

Now need to find a spot for the 20 to go.......

Glad you got your's in. Looks nice!

Mine are doing the lemon dance, UPS has mis-routed them TWICE! I should get them today, but I'm not expecting them alive. :tears:

Is your heat pack still warm?

Was your's the 160 or the 200 dollar ones?

I think I have amber hooked... we looked at vip reed yesterday. And I got the oh that one's pretty!

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3300/ey7onwd/products/2347/images/2827/DSC_1307__69333.1452294710.220.220.jpg?c=2

I love VIP reef!!! that's a nice one you got!

Not sure to be honest.....I might just have to make it into a RFA garden........I like these little things and not sure I want to move them into the 42.....

Now need to find a spot for the 20 to go.......

I'm thinking of turning the 12 into a macro and RFA garden :)

Obviously that equals consent to buy. :D

Hmmm I'm looking at VIP's site right now and they have a nice looking Fox Coral too. Hmmm...

Saw that fox coral!!! GET IT GET IT GET IT!

More photos RTF now that lights are coming on :)

$160. I doubt my heat pack.is warm... but it said 40 hours

I posted this in the appreciation thread, but I just got mine and they were really cold! I just finished temp acclimating them, and while they look good now, I don't know how to tell if they are already downhill or not, refrigeration keeps things from spoiling, you know...

I posted this in the appreciation thread, but I just got mine and they were really cold! I just finished temp acclimating them, and while they look good now, I don't know how to tell if they are already downhill or not, refrigeration keeps things from spoiling, you know...

you'll know if they didn't make it for sure. They generally either turn inside out or outside in and don't move/attach/etc. - at which point they seem to just disintegrate eventually.

you'll know if they didn't make it for sure. They generally either turn inside out or outside in and don't move/attach/etc. - at which point they seem to just disintegrate eventually.

Thanks for that info...I'll keep an eye on them, I have them separated for now for observation.

righttirefire

Colder I'd better an hotter from what I've read. I've never seen a RFA go down hill. But the BTAS I've seen melt like a mushroom. You have to remember 78*f is cooler than our body temperature so they should be "cold"

Good luck

I love VIP reef!!! that's a nice one you got!

I'm thinking of turning the 12 into a macro and RFA garden :)

Saw that fox coral!!! GET IT GET IT GET IT!

More photos RTF now that lights are coming on :)

I'm at work silly! 45 miles from my tanks.

Colder I'd better an hotter from what I've read. I've never seen a RFA go down hill. But the BTAS I've seen melt like a mushroom. You have to remember 78*f is cooler than our body temperature so they should be "cold"

Good luck

I'm at work silly! 45 miles from my tanks.

excuses excuses :)

I find colder seems better in most cases with a lot of the things that get shipped.

Any pics?

righttirefire

excuses excuses :)

I find colder seems better in most cases with a lot of the things that get shipped.

Got to pay off this addiction... I've got all my statement balances paid, next month will just be rodi system and I'm back with more coral money! But I'm not corals. Lol. So more beer money

I hope to get some pics up, had to go to work... :furious: ...I have to pay for these somehow.

I was reading a bit, and see that RFAs are harvested from 30-60 ft down, and water is in the 50's there.

Maybe it won't turn out so bad... :blink:

I hope to get some pics up, had to go to work... :furious: ...I have to pay for these somehow.

I was reading a bit, and see that RFAs are harvested from 30-60 ft down, and water is in the 50's there.

Maybe it won't turn out so bad... :blink:

Let us know how it goes! You should start up a thread so people can see your tank :)

righttirefire

So water is mixing. I fed my monsters. Water change tomorrow. I fed Annie some chopped krill the piston took krill. The goby couldn't eat it so the RFAS and goby got mysis.

20160115_135516_zpsy1f7zjr8.jpg

20160115_135521_zpstuaezcgs.jpg

20160115_135533_zpsqrw7wx4g.jpg

Trio

20160115_135549_zpsuiotx3fb.jpg

Couple

20160115_135559_zpsbfspdbjl.jpg

I was able to seperate my rock pile and move some of these little guys around....

FTS 011516

20160115_135456_zpsg2gqld72.jpg

The rogue is still around back. And a 2 others are in the rock structure and anchored deep.

Beautiful, beautiful!!! :bowdown:

Do you have any blues only pics?

If I try taking pics with blues only, everything is washed out purple with no focus. Also, I have trouble focusing closer than 1 foot away, which is weird because I can take macros of things outside the tank within 0.5 inch. I think the glass causes problems.

Anyways, everything in my tank appears either blurry or too small to see in the photos...I'll have to figure it out.

righttirefire

All my pictures are galaxy s4 cell phone. My lighting is nanobox tide. Running the same on my blue/uv/Cyan channels and half that on my white channel. No moonlights.

36% blue and purple

35% Cyan

17% White

Cool, I see.

I'm going to get a cheap common party black light to see if it makes photographing with just it on better, and if things fluoresce more... also I ordered a free sample film filter from vivid to try blocking blues that way, but it hasn't arrive yet in the mail.

Archived