Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hijacked - RTF's RFA Nuvo 8

righttirefire

righttirefire

I came promised a FTS

I leave disappointed

I posted a FTS in the lounge, you been asking about the 20...

20151224_092508_zpsoaazjavh_edit_1450978

I'm not jack!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

20151224_204134_zps7qmsjvbt.jpg

Did test ammonia because it was 0 after 12 hours... nitrites are still high. Nitrates are constant... waiting game. Cycling sucks

righttirefire

You've tested more during this cycle than I ever have with my tank :lol:

Just leave it alone and test in a week or something

I haven't tested ammonia/nitrites forever. I was hoping for a short cycle being "live rock" with live rock (from my sump 6 months old) added. Not the case. It's an experiment.

righttirefire

I'm still testin my live rock for cycle... RFAs will be here 0108... 1 week left. I'm thinking it's not worth the risk. Did a water change because the ammonia is cycling out, but the nitrites are still hi. And so are the nitrates.

Added 2 gallons of fresh saltwater. 4 drops prime, .25 ml ammonia, and 50ml bio-spira. We'll see. Can't build the attractive rock pile again. WTF!

righttirefire

The bio-speria? Brs doesn't sell Dr tims

Those are my existing rocks. I think I'm going to keep them. I'll scape my sump with my new rocks for my display fuge. It'll be like having 3 reef tanks. Lol

Ok I thought you were using the DrTims stuff. I think I have some of that Bio speria also.

I did the Tims stuff and it worked pretty good.

Ok Football time going to be a good day hopefully.......,

Don't pass out....... Sister in law did that once and the kids drew body outlines with sidewalk chalk :lol:

Was it good whiskey though?

Me too, but not intentionally.

What football is great......I am sure there will be a lot of pissed off people tonight when there team loses......

righttirefire

20160103_171648_zpsdmpwptvp.jpg

Looking like the rock is cycled. 50 ml of bio-Spira and .25 ml ammonia. I added more ammonia tonight. We'll test tomorrow. Do a Waterchange. Maybe some glue and go... we'll see if I change the scape or not

20160103_171648_zpsdmpwptvp.jpg

Looking like the rock is cycled. 50 ml of bio-Spira and .25 ml ammonia. I added more ammonia tonight. We'll test tomorrow. Do a Waterchange. Maybe some glue and go... we'll see if I change the scape or not

I have a tradition with every one of my tanks I've ever done. I use at least a box of boxed saltwater to fill it,and add a bottle of bio spira. Stuff just seems to help and smooth out the system decent.
righttirefire

I have a tradition with every one of my tanks I've ever done. I use at least a box of boxed saltwater to fill it,and add a bottle of bio spira. Stuff just seems to help and smooth out the system decent.

It's "uncured" live rock in my garage. I was going to rescape the nuvo before adding the RFAS. But they'll be here Friday and I don't trust the rock. So it's an effort in vain right now

It's "uncured" live rock in my garage. I was going to rescape the nuvo before adding the RFAS. But they'll be here Friday and I don't trust the rock. So it's an effort in vain right now

Fair enough my friend. I had alot cooking in a 60 gallon water container for months and months then finally was like this has to go lol. I'm messing with 3 dry pieces of pukani rock to maybe work something with my tanks current rock for the goon tank this week

righttirefire

Weekly waterchanges. I change my socks everday. Lol

20160103_192231_zpsuo0vchvz.jpg

Annie and cleo... sunsetting it's getting close to bedtime

Weekly waterchanges. I change my socks everday. Lol

20160103_191910_zpsutnsbhgc.jpg

That tank is spotless RightTireFire; anemones will be fine. Don't feed them for a while if you are nervous but I think you are overthinking it with all the testing, ammonia, and other chemicals.

Weekly waterchanges. I change my socks everday. Lol20160103_191910_zpsutnsbhgc.jpg

No no you misunderstand haha. A NEW pair of socks,not just clean ones haha my socks get changed 2x day minimum usually

Archived