inTank Media Baskets

LazyFish's IM nuvo 10g

LazyFish

6 hours ago, LazyFish said:

It's been getting rather overgrown lately. I have had to prune things back & frag some of the leathers a few times & move some stuff to the 20g. I am debating weather or not to do heavy pruning on that toadstool soon. It is getting rather large but has such a good shape. I don't want to mess it up... I have had it a few years now. It started off just a little larger than a quarter in another tank of mine.

Interestingly after I did some tweaking on the lighting spectrum my growth started to pick up but I actually turned it down a bit on some of the spectrum & not up but the corals seem to like it.

I have a friend with a 55 that I help her out with. She gets choice picks when I prune things & I make frags for her. Out of just this 10g tank she got x4 red shrooms, x1 spotted shroom x2 large cabbage frags & x2 good sized green kenya frags & chunks of 2 kinds of macro the last time I pruned it. I'm sure she would love a chunk of that toadstool but I'm scared to cut it. I really should frag it soon in case something happens to my colony....(knock on wood)You cant see in this picture by the nuclear green trumpet corals they have a little buddy next to them a bright greenish blue trumpet coral with two heads she gave me it got buried in her tank & I found it in the sand it was almost dead but now it's almost fully recovered!

After seeing it, I do understand you being nervous about cutting into that Toadstool, but it sounds as if you have plenty of experience fragging and know what you're doing. 

• 1 month later...

I finaly fraged that toadstool I got 6 out of it & litle over half of the original I also fraged that kenya tree & the cabbage coral again. The RFA was moved to the 20g as was the turquoise favia...debating on weather to put it back or not... the  gorg was moved to the 7g that has become gorg dominated. The green birdsnest from the 20 most of it suddenly disappeared with no apparent cause so it was moved here it's not dyeing any more but most of it is dead. I will cut it back when it recovers a bit & it too will be going in the 7g the cyphastrea has recovered well & has regained most of its color. The jedi mind trick monti is growing off the plug I think I will put it where the birds nest is now & let it plate out.  I have picked up two new corals as well. I got a mystery coral labled as a unknown possibly ?? cyphastrea/montipora? looks more like a cyphastrea but with smaller polyps simmiler to the bizarro cyphastrea the older polyps are green with blue is centers then younger ones are purple with green centers & the youngest are rust colored with a bright green speck on the mouth. The second coral I picked up is a cynirina <3 it is mostly puke brown ish but when it expands it has this bseautiful glowing green cats eye efect my camera can't seem to capture it & the color shifts with the light. The center has a purple color to it & it has these pale blue stripes all over it some stripes seem more green & others more lavenderish . It even seems to have orangeish color on it but that is actually an ilusion of the translucent inflated brownish tissue over the white skeleton.e green & other. This coral looks slightly deformed I think it may have two mouths but its hard to see one side is twisted & folded over it has a very interesting look.

P9071150_zps2fqz1frm.jpg

P9071154_zpsv1r0hm29.jpg

P9071155_zps4742exbb.jpg

pCYPHASTREA_zpszugnzwqn.jpg

P1014747_zpsi5hzbsny.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...

Tank is still going that mystery cyphastrea is double the size it was but the meteor shower is now growing on the back of the rock  and no one can see it.. I just faged the Kenya tree cabbage and toad stool again I'll put some pics in a few  days when they fluff back up. Only thing bugging me is that one of my acans is receding for some reason don't know why yet. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Fragged things and thined out a lot of stuff. The grandis pallys got huge have about 20 heads moved too my 20g. Added more zoas. Everything is still alive. Stock that seems to have disappeared has been fraged or relocated. I separated the clowns the male was getting aggressive and large.1531421735220-1705850873.thumb.jpg.f5de7e75b68ff34520e6fb35545a7e51.jpgI put him with my larger more aggressive female and put the little miss bar she was harassing in with this one. They are all getting along fine now excuse the bad cell pi tyre hopefully I'll get some better ones later.
  • Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Alot of things have been swaped into other tanks or pruned or fraged so the tank looks a bit difrent nowdays. I just added a new orange cyphastrea. I added a grubes gorgonia and a delicate spiny gorg a while back and some more zoas.  last month my toadstool started self fragging unfortunately it looks mutilated. My old Darwin died of unknown causes at the end of last year she was probly around 10 years old. The davenci that was put back in this tank was allowed to become female and I paired it with a black storm. After a run In with a fish in the 20 and a nose dive into some soda my psuedocromis mr dr pepper fish is now in here too and oddly seems to be quite happy. I managed to scratch the living doggy doo out of the front of my tank & I'm not happy about that.... I upgraded the pump to a sicce .5 last wweek.the last picture is of a baby rfa that was born in my 20g before i moved it here. The green on my grandis never shows up on photos idk why they always look brown and white they have a good bit of green on them in person.

20190520_163644.jpg

20190520_163650.jpg

20190520_163557.jpg

20190520_163830.jpg

20190520_170144.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Christopher Marks

Wow @LazyFish, this is absolutely stunning! Welcome back!

The leather corals are doing so well, and those grandis palys are unreal! That baby rock flower anemone is a great addition, that will be fun to watch grow out.

Have you found your sand bed slope wants to level itself out over time? It's a nice touch, curious if you have sculpt it from time to time.

Not too much sculpting not for the back anyway. There's a hidden rock rubble wall mostly takes care of it. In the front when I do water changes I do a bit of scaping I usualy stir up the sand bed realy good and suck out any nasties.

• 7 months later...

I will do a real update soon I've been neglecting this thread for a while I have done some major changes. I decided I wanted a more open look to the tank. I have had it a while now what over 4 years I think now and wanted a slightly diffrent look. I changed out the substrait did alot heavy pruning and rescaped it a bit for a more open look the psudochromis was donated to a larger tank and my male clown randomly disapeared so the female clown has the tank to her self for the moment. All the same corals as the last picture are still in the tank. I cant believe this tank is 4 years old wow so my female clown is almost that 4 years old and the female in my 20 is more than 12 at least.

All the same corals from previous pictures. are still present very recent heavy pruning of some of the leathers ect. I can see where the cabbages and Kenya got cut up. Toadstool self fraged and I left it. Only new coral is a small zoa frag. Other corals that were moved are still in the 20. As I said it's been slightly rescaped to be more open...a little. The substraits been changed out before the storm clown disapeared. I got a new friend for the female they insta-bonded 😁. I had been neglecting my usual maintenance routine over the last 2 or 3 months since that black storm disapeared. That realy just made me sick 🤢 no sign of anything just poof gone😡 no body no evidence. I decided to wait awhile before adding any new fish to the tank and I kinda got in a slump. My cyphastreas x3 all receded but appears to be making a quick comeback. Orange and blue shrooms still a little pissed off because I man handled them a bit yesterday. I love my toadstool the cap gets brighter with higher light the creme polyp tips stand out so well against the green. On mine the polyp stems are pinkish. My friend has a colony off this almost as large as my colony under her stronger lights the cap is insanly green and the polyp stems are also green at the base like the cap then turn more pinkish near the tip with the creme colored polyp on the end. I need to get a pic with the polyps closed it realy is nice looking that way too.

20200104_203929.jpg

20200104_205111.jpg

20200104_210547.jpg

• Wow 1

Got a pic of my hitch hiker duster tonight hes mostly nocturnal. Im prety sure it's a social feather duster of some kind or another but hes the only one like him I have a spattering of the common little bitty ones too but this guy is nice I wish it were out more.

Started as a speck on a coral skeleton the crown is a little over an inch across. I've been trying to get another decent pic of it for a while now its very shy and very fast. Looks like it's got a spaghetti worm friend too. The 2 chalices are going great in my other tank I love them I think one would look good in here mounted to the glass like in my 20 but idk if I want to risk putting one in here. I'm still paranoid the ones in my 20 will go AWOL and sweeper sting the snot out of something.

20200106_200814.jpg

Got 2 florida rics and a new shroom today its um...bouncing sort of the stripes are all bubbly I guess its bouncing whatever I like it and I couldnt pass it up. I didnt notice the puffy parts untill after I bought it. This is a pic after lights off with just the flash. It's still upset. Any one know a name for this morph? It's not one I've seen before. I've seen The metalic green with red/orange Pimples but not with the darker edges or the puffy blueish whiteish stripes and mouth.

20200114_231123.jpg

• 2 months later...

The 10g tank is no more heres a final pic. I realy let the growth get out of hand and let things slide before the transfer to the new im 20g penensula. The bottom is littered with cuttings and frags waiting on the new tank and some glass anemones have shown up. I eradicated them prior to moving everything to the new 20g. Heres the stand I built and the new set up.

20210323_105847.jpg

20210318_134358.jpg

20210318_135034.jpg

20210327_232016.jpg

20210328_104713.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Fts. Got a tube worm and a derasa clam. Clam looks good it atached over night to a rock I put under it. It wiggles sometimes I guess that's normal. First time with a clam in my tank. It looks healthy at least.

20210428_192551.jpg

20210428_192514.jpg

20210428_173455.jpg

20210428_183822.jpg

20210429_111309.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...