Pod Your Reef

My humble SPS journey - Shallow 80g

joshky

Almost there guys....
22054210901_ceee253f4b_o.png

Working on it slowly but surely, thanks. :)

Well I ended up switching it anyways, and well.. the hard plumbing didn't quite work out, I had some leaks. I didn't feel like redoing it so I went tubing, I hate having to admit defeat but I'll leave that work to people who do it for a living next time.

How much room did you have for the plumbing for the overflow with the stand legs being right there?

Look awesome man !!!!

Thanks. :D

How much room did you have for the plumbing for the overflow with the stand legs being right there?

You can get a better idea with this picture from an earlier post.

22294886116_7504416517_o.png

There's plenty of room honestly because of how the overflow was built.

I've got more photos today for documentation purposes. :)

JF Red Hot Setosa

22737347831_9cf6acddf3_b.jpg

Red Planet. This thing has been bleached since the transfer, I don't think it's liking the T5's very much. I might try to lower it and see how that does, but I figured it would have regained its zoox population by now. Growth is really starting to take off though.

22103402984_9c684afff0_b.jpg

22103413534_bb1a5c2b1d_b.jpg

Mr. Brown Turd. It's finally starting to show some improvement, some polyps are turning green... This guys mama was rainbow at one point under my brother's LEDs, hopefully it returns...22538259800_2efb3ea24f_b.jpg

22726187435_3aeb18e16f_b.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks. :D

You can get a better idea with this picture from an earlier post.

22294886116_7504416517_o.png

There's plenty of room honestly because of how the overflow was built.

Can't believe I missed that pic, that's great to know I won't have to modify that corner of my stand when I start my 80 Breeder build in less than a week! Those Potters are beautiful! Keep us posted on how they do with more pics please!

Can't believe I missed that pic, that's great to know I won't have to modify that corner of my stand when I start my 80 Breeder build in less than a week! Those Potters are beautiful! Keep us posted on how they do with more pics please!

Will do, thanks!

very nice colored sticks!

Thank you. :)

Looking Good! love the fish you have!

Do you quarantine and treat fish proactively? or just lucky with not getting any diseases yet?

I have a 20g observational QT I put most fish through and go from there, but I didn't with the leopard wrasses. Most wrasses, leopards especially, do not handle QT's very well and usually if they're carrying anything it's treatable in-tank with prazipro.

I still haven't placed the frags yet, I've kind of been holding off as there's an impending move coming up since my parents are building a house and closing could be as soon as next week. I'm not worried about the move, it's 15 minutes away and will be carefully done as we'll own both properties so there'll be no rush. Anyways this update isn't about that, let's get to the good stuff. :)
I bought a 5 pack from Adam at Battle Corals recently, they came in Tuesday. The water was rather cold so they bleached out rather badly in shipping, but so far I haven't seen any STN or anything and PE has been excellent. I think they'll be okay.
Pic right after being placed in my tank
22942652762_c47bab4ef4_b.jpg
Here's what they should (might?) look like. :P
22930474246_923f53b4bb_b.jpg
Recent top down of the frag rack
22768036250_9ae3bc3a37_b.jpg
Very happy that my pink lemonade is getting its yellow back, it's been more of a green since the tank transfer.
  • Like 3

Excellent build, very clean and tidy. Pretty much what I am hoping my new 55 will turn out like. Loving the SPS and fish selection also, should look amazing once it all grows in :).

Excellent build, very clean and tidy. Pretty much what I am hoping my new 55 will turn out like. Loving the SPS and fish selection also, should look amazing once it all grows in :).

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to see your 55 build so be sure to drop a link for me here. :)

joshky I started my Deep Blue 80 Breeder build, please check her out and give any and all pointers. Stoked to be part of the 80 breeder club!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367251-gooburz-deep-blue-80-breeder-build-finally-here-with-pics/

Posted, glad you're getting things together.

• Like 1

How are the Potter Angel's doing? Your tank has been a plethora of knowledge for my build.

One of the potter's wrasses are doing great eating frozen vigorously, the other still hasn't resurfaced since the day of introduction. It still could pop up, I haven't counted it out yet, but as the days pass the prognosis is looking grim.

Thanks for checking in and the kind words, much appreciated.