SaltCritters.com

Wretched 66 SCA

Wretched

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pickup on the dottyback!

Just watch him, they are beauties but can be ill tempered lil' buggers.

Thanks! I heard they can me partially aggressive, but with the breed they're the most commonly peaceful of the species. It's a cross breed of the fridmani and sankeyi. I couldn't find much information on them, but most that I did read they were model citizens. How does Petco come across something like that? And for 14.99 lol

Hey, whatcha got for additional flow in that tank? I think I see something in the back right side...

I use one Jebao RW-8 on W1 mode and it's only at 2/10 power! Thing is very strong, creates a beautiful wave in my tank.

Thanks! I heard they can me partially aggressive, but with the breed they're the most commonly peaceful of the species. It's a cross breed of the fridmani and sankeyi. I couldn't find much information on them, but most that I did read they were model citizens. How does Petco come across something like that? And for 14.99 lol

I use one Jebao RW-8 on W1 mode and it's only at 2/10 power! Thing is very strong, creates a beautiful wave in my tank.

Very cool. I'm going with one MP40. You like the back location?

Very cool. I'm going with one MP40. You like the back location?

I love it! I hate things on my glass, if you notice I got rid of the frag rack and all the frags on it.... for FREE lol, to a local reefer. On the back it shoots off the front glass and makes a very indirect flow. Though some would argue it messes with the structural integrity... but my flow is mediocre, perfect. If I can find out how to make a youtube video and not look like a VHS lol, i'll make you one!

I love it! I hate things on my glass, if you notice I got rid of the frag rack and all the frags on it.... for FREE lol, to a local reefer. On the back it shoots off the front glass and makes a very indirect flow. Though some would argue it messes with the structural integrity... but my flow is mediocre, perfect. If I can find out how to make a youtube video and not look like a VHS lol, i'll make you one!

That would be awesome and VHS is retro. It's cool :lol:

In regards to the dottyback it sounds like you are well informed and yes, you done good to get a nice fish like that for $15. Maybe some newbie employee mis-priced it, who knows. Hey, it's gonna get a nice home!

While you're correct... I can't let the quality ruin my first video as the SC 66!! Lol. It seems when I upload from my phone on youtube, it degrades quality to 240p. I think you'll be more than happy with the MP40. I owned an mp10 for a couple of years, then I got my hands on Jebao products, It literally benched the mp10... lol. Speaking of which, I need to create a for sale thread! haha

In regards to the dottyback it sounds like you are well informed and yes, you done good to get a nice fish like that for $15. Maybe some newbie employee mis-priced it, who knows. Hey, it's gonna get a nice home!

Informed as I can be for like 45 minutes of research lol! Not much on them. Either way, you're correct... He has a nice home, hopefully he doesn't ruin it! He's extremely quick. Love how he swims, almost eel-ish like~!

Forgot to mention!! If you stick to the stock return pump, you'll definitely want to pump a ball valve on the return line. The flow is insane. I have it reduced greatly.

Amazing Tank! Love that big fat torch up front.

It used to extend 10" or so before the clowns had decided to live in it! But I enjoy the clowns in there, they never leave it! lol. Thanks very much! Love euphyllias!

Same here. I just gotta up my torch game. I had a bad issue with euphyllia eating flat worms and it took out 3 of my torches.

Same here. I just gotta up my torch game. I had a bad issue with euphyllia eating flat worms and it took out 3 of my torches.

Sorry to hear that! Dips are always +++, I freshwater dip for like 2-5 mins. No additive. I noticed my Revive really pisses off any type of LPS. Freshwater works good for me. I just picked up all those torches at Reefapalooza. Tanks finished for now, now I wait years for it to grow and never frag =) All of my colonies started as frags and 1-2 heads.

Hey bros and broettes! So I just got done doing another round of tests since I started dosing NoPox on October 9th. I did dose daily.

October 9th (I dosed 9ml, and next morning I had a bacterial flock film on my glass, not heavy but enough to reduce my dosing)

Nitrate 50
Phos .035
October 11th (Dosing 6ML)
Nitrate 40
Phos .035
October 15th (Dosing 6ML)
Nitrate 25
Phos .025
October 17th (Dosing 6ML)
Nitrate 15
Phos .025
October 20th (Dosing 2ML)
Nitrate 7
Phos .015
I am using NYOS Nitrate and Phosphate test kits. They don't go ultra low, but effective to read the range i'm going for. My target is 2ppm nitrate and phosphates .01. I will continue to dose at 2ML for the rest of my time using NoPox.
I am NOT using ANY carbon/gfo. I took my reactor offline and chemipure out when I started dosing. I have not seen a return to the bacteria flock, and water is crystal clear. Totally satisfied with this product!

Hey bros and broettes! So I just got done doing another round of tests since I started dosing NoPox on October 9th. I did dose daily.

October 9th (I dosed 9ml, and next morning I had a bacterial flock film on my glass, not heavy but enough to reduce my dosing)

Nitrate 50

Phos .035

October 11th (Dosing 6ML)

Nitrate 40

Phos .035

October 15th (Dosing 6ML)

Nitrate 25

Phos .025

October 17th (Dosing 6ML)

Nitrate 15

Phos .025

October 20th (Dosing 2ML)

Nitrate 7

Phos .015

I am using NYOS Nitrate and Phosphate test kits. They don't go ultra low, but effective to read the range i'm going for. My target is 2ppm nitrate and phosphates .01. I will continue to dose at 2ML for the rest of my time using NoPox.

I am NOT using ANY carbon/gfo. I took my reactor offline and chemipure out when I started dosing. I have not seen a return to the bacteria flock, and water is crystal clear. Totally satisfied with this product!

Nice! I'm a light feeder so don't get much nitrates, but it's good to know that there's a great product out there :)

That's some awesome results. I have bio pellets on my big tank, but I might look into this for my other tank. Thanks for posting!

Nice! I'm a light feeder so don't get much nitrates, but it's good to know that there's a great product out there :)

I have reduced feedings a little bit, but I no longer feed flake or pellet. All frozen/Nori, and I mix it up. No signs of any algae blooms, woot!

That's some awesome results. I have bio pellets on my big tank, but I might look into this for my other tank. Thanks for posting!

Yep I am extremely pleased. I bought some NPX Bio Pellets kind of impulse but after reading reviews/results ratio... I tossed them into the no-go fish supps box lol. This was my first time carbon dosing, im sure vodka/vinegar/sugar whatever have you works excellent as well, but for my case I like when everythings laid out for me... and I bought a small bottle for 12$ and ive used ~100ml... Love it so far! Definitely check it out! Make sure your skimmer is prime though, I had to dump daily of nasty smelling tea color. It's recommened to run at a very wet skim!

Nice find on the dottyback. Can't remember what I paid for my neon at the LFS with my discounted price, but it was definitely more than $15.

Yea for sure! Indigos are hard to find so I hear. He's already out and about, my tang doesn't approve yet she keeps pestering him to the back of the tank unfortunately. Hopefully that'll subside, he's very peaceful so far. Love the way he swims, almost like an eel.

After taking 13 million and 14 photos... I've came to the conclusion it's impossible to get a good pic of the Indigo Dottyback... BUT, here's one of the better ones I could get.... So far he's very peaceful and does his own thing. My tang seems to chase him once and a while though

IMG_20151021_123254_zps54b4jlaz.jpg

Broettes? :lol: I saw your video and post on instagram. Cool stuff, glad you got the nitrates and phos down. But it is not this easy with SPS..... just sayin'.... :flower:

Whatchu saying. Getting phosphates & nitrates low with SPS is easy as pie. Keeping them from necrosing because of such, is hard though :(

No, that's not what I was referring to. On instagram wretched said all you need is to doe 2 part, and some mag and use 0 TDS water. I'm saying it's not that simple with SPS.

Nothing is simple with SPS unfortunately lol. They like to keep you on your toes e.e

No, that's not what I was referring to. On instagram wretched said all you need is to doe 2 part, and some mag and use 0 TDS water. I'm saying it's not that simple with SPS.

Agreed. #### SPS. More stressful than Medical School. Seriously.

Agreed. #### SPS. More stressful than Medical School. Seriously.

Well, guess I never have to worry about that, never have liked SPS for my taste other than montiporas =) I'm a euphyllia lover all the way!

Archived