Coral Vue Hydros

Wretched 66 SCA

Wretched

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank BTW. I was seriously considering an SCA before I decided on the Fusion 40. I wasn't ready to attempt managing a sump though.

Thank you, that's how I felt bro... This is my first sumped tank and I already love it. So much more space... Everythings already thought out for you as far as the SCA pnp systems go, it works out extremely well.

I have a lyretail in my tank. You would be fine with just 1 in there IMO. I know some people might object and say you need a bigger tank. Mine is doing great so far. Hangs out with the clowns, has plenty of rock to hide in and sleep at night, eats like a pig. The other night I saw him sleeping inside a hole in one of the rocks with just a small part of it's tail hanging out. That fish is a lot of fun to watch and hasn't had any issues with anything in the tank.

That's good to know, is it a male or female? I love the colors in them... I really do want one, I have zero aggression in my tank and plan to keep it that way. I want orange/red/purple/yellow fish. Bring out some more color!

following along

Thank you sir, do you have a thread?

that is an interesting baffle system for the sump, the middle should be the return and either side fuge or mechanical filtration based on baffle height and placement.

Thank you, that's how I felt bro... This is my first sumped tank and I already love it. So much more space... Everythings already thought out for you as far as the SCA pnp systems go, it works out extremely well.

That's good to know, is it a male or female? I love the colors in them... I really do want one, I have zero aggression in my tank and plan to keep it that way. I want orange/red/purple/yellow fish. Bring out some more color!

Thank you sir, do you have a thread?

Mine is female, at least for now. First pic I posted in my build thread today is the lyretail. Wife saw it as the LFS and had to have one. Very shy fish when first added to the tank and would hide whenever I was near the tank for the first week and a half or so. Now it swims around a lot and is always active while the lights are on. Hides really well at night though.

Nice tank bro. Radion huh? Razor no more. Following!

No more razor, while I do like it alot, the Radion color blends seems much better. First time seeing a radion over a tank in person and all I can say is wow. It's the light I won from Zia's auction!

that is an interesting baffle system for the sump, the middle should be the return and either side fuge or mechanical filtration based on baffle height and placement.

The first compartment where the skimmer is, is split into two. Overflow comes down for mechanical flows over into skimmer, then middle for fuge/whatever you may put there, into return

Mine is female, at least for now. First pic I posted in my build thread today is the lyretail. Wife saw it as the LFS and had to have one. Very shy fish when first added to the tank and would hide whenever I was near the tank for the first week and a half or so. Now it swims around a lot and is always active while the lights are on. Hides really well at night though.

Very nice, I may end up purchasing one. It's definitely the colors I want into my tank but I definitely don't want to cramp it. We'll see when the time comes, im still dealing with the massive cloudiness... sucks!!!

No more razor, while I do like it alot, the Radion color blends seems much better. First time seeing a radion over a tank in person and all I can say is wow. It's the light I won from Zia's auction!

The first compartment where the skimmer is, is split into two. Overflow comes down for mechanical flows over into skimmer, then middle for fuge/whatever you may put there, into return

Very nice, I may end up purchasing one. It's definitely the colors I want into my tank but I definitely don't want to cramp it. We'll see when the time comes, im still dealing with the massive cloudiness... sucks!!!

the way it is set up though is one constant water level throughout the sump... no lower chamber for return so more evaporation occurs before the ATO kicks in

Ok, so I transferred everything tonight! Unfortunately, I'm missing a chromis, not sure if he was lodged into a rock when i transferred it or I smashed him putting it into tank. I'm crossing my fingers he shows up by morning! Everything went smooth. Water is still very cloudy, and stirred up. I turn the lights on real quick to get a snapshot... The clowns and tang are already back to their normal sleeping inside the torch... I haven't seen lawnmower blenny since the move but I know hes in there after acclimating him he's probably hiding for now.

IMG_20150923_220321_zpsw0shsfy2.jpg

I killed my pair of mandarins years ago during a move, they got smushed by a rock. Sorry...hopefully it'll be ok.

I had a radion before as well. I liked the radjon color pre made color schedule. I forgot about Zia's auction. Did you get the 301 or 301 skimmer model?

I killed my pair of mandarins years ago during a move, they got smushed by a rock. Sorry...hopefully it'll be ok.

I had a radion before as well. I liked the radjon color pre made color schedule. I forgot about Zia's auction. Did you get the 301 or 301 skimmer model?

Woke up to 5 chromis! Good news! My smallest chromis seems to be struggling with the amount of flow in a large tank. He's always been the runt of the group. I turned flow down for him. I haven't seen my lawnmower blenny since the move but I do know hes in there, probably hiding. Im using the 14k preset and it's great, the blending is amazing. Now that I don't have any issues with shadows we'll see how LEDs do. I'm using the 302 skimmer, already producing some foam, I like it!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who spills water all down their front glass while working on the tank.... haha.

Oh yea, it was a messy night lol, still need to clean the glass... but I'm not done working. Lots of equipment to install yet

Woke up to 5 chromis! Good news! My smallest chromis seems to be struggling with the amount of flow in a large tank. He's always been the runt of the group. I turned flow down for him. I haven't seen my lawnmower blenny since the move but I do know hes in there, probably hiding. Im using the 14k preset and it's great, the blending is amazing. Now that I don't have any issues with shadows we'll see how LEDs do. I'm using the 302 skimmer, already producing some foam, I like it!

Oh yea, it was a messy night lol, still need to clean the glass... but I'm not done working. Lots of equipment to install yet

When I upgraded from the 6 to the 40 my clown goby moved himself over on a piece of rock. I was trying to catch him and couldn't, then thought I'd get some rock out of the way. Carried a piece all the way across my living room and when I put it in, there he was. Surprised the crap out of me.

Then he struggled with the flow for a few days, I dialed it down a little. He settled in fine though and even grew a little and got to be a much stronger swimmer.

Lights have only been on an hour and things are starting to open up... I'm not running any filtration currently except the skimmer. Today I plan to add my reactor, filter floss(waiting on cadlights to get off their ass and send my holder).

IMG_20150924_112434_zpseuwpuj2q.jpg

Lights have only been on an hour and things are starting to open up... I'm not running any filtration currently except the skimmer. Today I plan to add my reactor, filter floss(waiting on cadlights to get off their ass and send my holder).

IMG_20150924_112434_zpseuwpuj2q.jpg

That looks excellent! Love it!

Think you'll need a top?

That looks excellent! Love it!

Think you'll need a top?

No top, don't have any jumpers. I forgot to post a shot when things were fully open... man is it beautiful; I will tomorrow :)

Thanks Harry.

No top, don't have any jumpers. I forgot to post a shot when things were fully open... man is it beautiful; I will tomorrow :)

Thanks Harry.

The scape is pretty crazy too! Did you add rock?

You managed to make caves look natural... I imagine mountains :)

Unbelievably impressed.

A few more angles with tomorrows FTS?

What's happening with the RL-45?

The scape is pretty crazy too! Did you add rock?

You managed to make caves look natural... I imagine mountains :)

Unbelievably impressed.

A few more angles with tomorrows FTS?

What's happening with the RL-45?

No sir, I didn't add any rock. I do plan on standing up the torch onto a little rock to prop it off the sand though! Thanks very much, everything went well. I just added my filter sock and reactor tonight. I will definitely provide more tank shots tomorrow. I already have a purchaser for the JBJ! Down payment was sent today of 100. Selling it for 400 total. Got lucky!

:wub:

Thanks Ms. Glad to see you scoping me out!

Added Three anthias, what looks to be like 1 male and 2 females. Here's a pic of after acclimation, the two females already out and about eating... the larger male hanging out in the back of the tank... Hopefully he'll come around soon.

IMG_20150926_132805_zpsujrzs63z.jpg

Everything looking great. Those are some nice anthias, very active once they get comfortable,

Thank you. I'm hoping so... They're very shy... the two females seem to venture out and look at food... The male has been laying on the sand behind a couple rocks for most the day....?

That's what mind did, was either laying on rocks or sand for about 2-3 days, then would hide soon as anyone approached the tank. Now it's always out and about until lights out when it hides for the night.

Archived