Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Wretched 66 SCA

Wretched

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea. Definate learning curve switching from T5's to LED. Took me a few months of experimenting with it. At the end. No crazy custom settings required for me. I ended running all three of mine over both tanks on the stock factory settings.

Anyhow glad you and more importantly your tank are happy with the switch.

looks very good! I really like the pillar aquascape

Thank you! It's all my live rock from previous tanks! Some nice pieces I collected over the years. Thanks for stopping by!

Hey dude! We follow each on instagram. Sorry you lost your Anthias..

Hey man, what's your ig name? Welcome to my page! Do you have a thread as well?

Yea. Definate learning curve switching from T5's to LED. Took me a few months of experimenting with it. At the end. No crazy custom settings required for me. I ended running all three of mine over both tanks on the stock factory settings.

Anyhow glad you and more importantly your tank are happy with the switch.

I'm a lover of T5 and my initial review of the Radion is just wow! I've tried many LED fixtures and have yet to see one that blends so well and produce as much as the Radion. I'm hoping over time my tank will enjoy it as much as I do. Very happy with the new build, honestly if it wasn't for your light I probably would've still had the 45 lol

Put my order in for some 3000+ Tisbe and Tigger pods culture so I can start culturing my own live food! Should be here tomorrow!

FTS

IMG_20151004_155132_zpsdmeknfg0.jpg

Good luck with da pods! :)

Tank looks great. I think ill be picking up a tiny blue tang this month- so prepare to be thrown under the bus if anyone comments on it! ;)

Jkjk

Good luck with da pods! :)

Tank looks great. I think ill be picking up a tiny blue tang this month- so prepare to be thrown under the bus if anyone comments on it! ;)

Jkjk

Hey dude my advice to you is, f**k em! My tangs doing lovely, I prolonged the time I have with her for a while by upgrading. She still has a new home on standby though! Smoke em if you got em! haha

Hey dude my advice to you is, f**k em! My tangs doing lovely, I prolonged the time I have with her for a while by upgrading. She still has a new home on standby though! Smoke em if you got em! haha

That was my feelings with the Anthias. Let me know how the pods culturing goes. Really thinking of starting that myself very soon.

Just did some testing, and everything is standard minus one huge problem... NITRATES! I've been feeding heavy due to the anthias and reading that they need to eat 4x a day or so. So first of all I know I need to cut back feedings... What else other than water changes can I do to reduce them? I'm thinking of trying No-Pox, anyone use it?

My nitrates tested at like 40-50! I've never had such high readings...

Just did some testing, and everything is standard minus one huge problem... NITRATES! I've been feeding heavy due to the anthias and reading that they need to eat 4x a day or so. So first of all I know I need to cut back feedings... What else other than water changes can I do to reduce them? I'm thinking of trying No-Pox, anyone use it?

My nitrates tested at like 40-50! I've never had such high readings...

Water changes? That's pretty high!

Water changes? That's pretty high!

Yea I know, water changes will come. I was more interested in users of nopox and their experience. Im going to Reefapalooza today so now w/c will happen until tomorrow minimum!

I have a feeling a lot of it is from my "live" sand I had bought and the die off. I have only done one 10% water change since the move.

Yea I know, water changes will come. I was more interested in users of nopox and their experience. Im going to Reefapalooza today so now w/c will happen until tomorrow minimum!

I have a feeling a lot of it is from my "live" sand I had bought and the die off. I have only done one 10% water change since the move.

RAP? Don't go TOOOO crazy ;)

Whats the white tube coming up on the rear left? (Attached with a clip)

RAP? Don't go TOOOO crazy ;)

Whats the white tube coming up on the rear left? (Attached with a clip)

Lets just say I went a little crazy.

5 Small Torches, ranging 1-3 heads.

1 Yellow/Gold-ish octospawn

1 Small duncan w/ 4 heads or so.

1 Small orange Acan.

The white tube is my RODI that I have ran outside and drilled a hole into my office wall so I can run the airline tubing straight into my room. Instead of lugging buckets from the sink outside into the room. I Love it! haha

Hey man, loving the tank. Excited to see more.

Thank you sir. I will definitely have updates within the next few days.

Update:

Today I added more rock to the tank and glued down my 5 torches, 1 octospawn, acan, duncan and some zoas. The only thing left on my frag rack is two zoas that grew over it and I didn't want to pull them off. I'll just let them take over and sell the whole rack once it's covered. I will have pictures soon... But feast on this until then....

Baby blue tips, pinkish mouth, yellow, orange, green.... Lets just say I paid less than 30$ and it's in the process of splitting into 3 heads! Reefapalooza was good to me...

2015-10-11_20.19.51_zpsmjpkizhu.jpg

Looks like RAP definitely was good to you.

Yea it was super fun! Spent more than I wanted to... but you know, had to finish off the right side of tank lol. I'm done now. The tank can do it's thing... Minus my 40 ppm nitrates. I bought a NYOS nitrate test kit because idk how much I trust my API. I have been feeding super heavy because I heard anthias need to eat 4x a day, but damn that shot my nitrates sky high, probably a lot of die off due to bagged 'live sand' as well. I did a 15g water change today and still 40 ppm. My next step is NoPox, any experience?

Gorgeous tank, and nice CaseLabs M8 with 38mm extended top too!

Thank you sir! Oh snap! To recognize that you must be a nerd like me! Haha, I built it back in 2009/10? Its done me very well since. Best case, and will not replace, not to mention all the watercooling in it lol. It's a beast, still rocking the 990x xD

Thank you sir! Oh snap! To recognize that you must be a nerd like me! Haha, I built it back in 2009/10? Its done me very well since. Best case, and will not replace, not to mention all the watercooling in it lol. It's a beast, still rocking the 990x xD

Let's just say one of my favourite haunts/domains is the CaseLabs section over on Overclock.net :P But yeah, the M8 (well, now M8A) was the first case I really REALLY fell in love with (if we exclude a Yeong Yang I wanted so bad 12 years ago), then it was the S8 when it was announced (and then subsequently released over a year and a half ago), but I'll eventually move my rig over to an SMA8 because they're just such a lovely and amazing chassis. Most of the computer gear I buy doesn't even make it into a case and instead pretty much gets to make out with a sheet of ArmaFlex while a hunk of machined copper enjoys the processor. (Subzero benching)

Which reminds me, I really need to pick up another 10kg of dry ice, but it's thanksgiving *laughs nervously* Oh well, don't really have any new processors to freeze yet, but there's three dozen in the queue ^_^;;;

But yeah, CaseLabs makes amazing cases, it's just the entry fee that gets you, but then you never want to give it up....

Yea it was super fun! Spent more than I wanted to... but you know, had to finish off the right side of tank lol. I'm done now. The tank can do it's thing... Minus my 40 ppm nitrates. I bought a NYOS nitrate test kit because idk how much I trust my API. I have been feeding super heavy because I heard anthias need to eat 4x a day, but damn that shot my nitrates sky high, probably a lot of die off due to bagged 'live sand' as well. I did a 15g water change today and still 40 ppm. My next step is NoPox, any experience?

No experience with it. I feed once a day, sometimes every other day and the anthias has been good. When I test my nitrates are always 0, phosphates .003 (I have the ppb not the ppm Hannah checker) The last 3 days I have gone to a twice a day feeding schedule trying to get see if that will up the nitrates just a bit and to make sure the anthias is getting enough food. Besides light feeding there were only 5 fish in there until Friday night, now there are 6. I was going to order some NoPox a few weeks ago for my other tank that is always higher in phosphates and nitrates around 20+, but it seems to not bother the tank as things grow like weeds in there. Mostly zoas/palys in that tank and only 2 fish until I replace the clown the other one decided to murder. I did read to follow the dosing recommendations exactly and it can take awhile to lower.

Did you ever do a 100% WC. When a tank gets cycled the only way to remove the nitrate is through the WC your suppose to do once the cycle is complete. Very new tank I've setup I've tried to do as close to 100% WC as possible and then you go on your merry way. From there you just start controlling your nitrate and phosphate either with media and WC's or biopellets for instance. Jmo, except the rule is usually to do the near 100% change.

Archived