Cultivated Reef

DIY KZ Coral Snow (with >97% purity)

jedimasterben

• 1 month later...
burtbollinger

the pics dont show up, but i am assuming that if I want to make a bottle of this stuff, this is what I do?

"For a 250mL solution, use 5 level tablespoons (roughly 115 grams) of CaCO3 powder and add roughly 230mL of RO/DI water. This should mix right about 250mL. The powder will NOT dissolve, it will stay suspended in the water."

to clarify, this will make 250ML of the solution that I can keep in a bottle....then shake up the bottle before dosing?  And with my 35g tank, I'd dose just under 2ml, each time I choose to use it?

1 hour ago, burtbollinger said:

the pics dont show up, but i am assuming that if I want to make a bottle of this stuff, this is what I do?

"For a 250mL solution, use 5 level tablespoons (roughly 115 grams) of CaCO3 powder and add roughly 230mL of RO/DI water. This should mix right about 250mL. The powder will NOT dissolve, it will stay suspended in the water."

to clarify, this will make 250ML of the solution that I can keep in a bottle....then shake up the bottle before dosing?  And with my 35g tank, I'd dose just under 2ml, each time I choose to use it?

Yes. You can even start smaller and increase the amount as time goes on. It won't hurt your tank but if you add way to much it's gonna be a real bitch to clean out. Also, in general, it'll clog your filter to hell. 

• 2 years later...