Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoot, back under 200lb! OK it is 199.8, but I'll take it!

Monday weigh-in: -2.0 lb

Total since ###### Challenge began: -6.2 lb

Total since July 4: -20.4 lb

Getting back under 200 was a nice goal that I've had for awhile. As a "reward" I bought myself an Avast Top-Down Porthole with Smartphone attachment. Well, OK, I bought the phone over the weekend when I saw they had a Labor Day discount still running. I'm retroactively saying this is why I bought it. ;)

Evanski - You have my sympathy. I can't even imagine how frustrated you must be with that back of yours.

Whoot, back under 200lb! OK it is 199.8, but I'll take it!

Monday weigh-in: -2.0 lb

Total since ###### Challenge began: -6.2 lb

Total since July 4: -20.4 lb

Getting back under 200 was a nice goal that I've had for awhile. As a "reward" I bought myself an Avast Top-Down Porthole with Smartphone attachment. Well, OK, I bought the phone over the weekend when I saw they had a Labor Day discount still running. I'm retroactively saying this is why I bought it. ;)

Just got my porthole too! And the cellphone attachment is on it's way I think it arrives today

#sistersinspending

woo.. I feel awesome. Just burned 2000 calories.. I'll try not to fall asleep while baking brownies next time. Nap was good tho.

Omg... I read this three times (not all in a row, I kept wandering back here) before I got it!!

Just got my porthole too! And the cellphone attachment is on it's way I think it arrives today

#sistersinspending

Porthole arrived today!

Flowers_zpse0nxr5uq.jpg

I couldn't sleep this morning, and stumbled across this blog, Dumbbells & Diapers

She's a personal trainer, with a young child. It's kind of interesting. If you are bored, you might want to read through the site. Taken from her posts:
tumblr_inline_mudqeg9DTM1r618zq.jpg

tumblr_inline_mxcu80Kq5E1r618zq.jpg
She eats between 2,000 and 3,000 calories a day.

Down 13lbs in 20 days. Not too bad. For a week I didn't lose an ounce. Between Thursday and Saturday I lost 3lbs. haha. I could feel the difference.

Best feeling is when you try on pants in a brand you could never wear before and they fit perfectly. Wearing a pair I bought a few months ago after I lost some weight last time and they're so ####ing cofortable compared to my OLD pants.

Best feeling is when you try on pants in a brand you could never wear before and they fit perfectly. Wearing a pair I bought a few months ago after I lost some weight last time and they're so ####### cofortable compared to my OLD pants.

Yup. Dropped a pant size already. 15lbs down. Slowed my loss some although I haven't weighed in a week either.

Best feeling is when you try on pants in a brand you could never wear before and they fit perfectly. Wearing a pair I bought a few months ago after I lost some weight last time and they're so ####### cofortable compared to my OLD pants.

Nice! I bet that's the total opposite of the feeling you get when you bust a zipper. Which I did last week... :(

In my defense the pants were 3 years old.

Monday weigh-in: +1.0 lb

Total since ###### Challenge began: -5.2 lb

Total since July 4: -19.4 lb

Eh, back over 200lb by a hair and back under 20lb lost. It was a pretty crazy week though. Wasn't good about riding the bike as my stress fracture leg (left leg) has been really achey. I also happened to drop something on my right big toe and have a bruise under the nail. If I was a horse, I would have been taken out back and shot a long time ago. I'm honestly surprised I didn't gain more.

So if she wins, you owe her $300? Wow, that's an incentive to lose weight quickly. However, losing weight more gradually might be healthier. How about if you guys don't lose at least a pound a week, you owe the other $50 for that week. Just a thought.

So if she wins, you owe her $300? Wow, that's an incentive to lose weight quickly. However, losing weight more gradually might be healthier. How about if you guys don't lose at least a pound a week, you own the other $50 for that week. Just a thought.

It wouldn't necessarily be "weight loss" I suppose. That's what we have to work out. I only need to loose 10-15 lbs, while she needs to loose significantly more. However, we both need to gain muscle. So how do we even that out so its fair to both? For $300, I could wait until the last two weeks and just starve myself - not that its healthy or a good idea, buts its a sure way to be the "winner"...

While you can easily get fit and lose body fat simultaneously, it's very difficult (for some nearly impossible) to lose fat and gain muscle mass at the same time (as one requires a calorie deficit, and the other requires a calorie surplus). To gain lean muscle mass and lose body fat, you'd probably have to go through a bulking phase followed by a leaning phase.

I only need to loose 10-15 lbs, while she needs to loose significantly more... So how do we even that out so its fair to both?

Maybe have her weight loss goal be higher (like 1.5 or 2 lbs a week). 1 lb a week would get you to your goal, while 2 lbs would get your mom closer to her goal. Losing 2 lbs a week is still typically considered safe for people with a lot of excess body fat.

Archived