Pod Your Reef

Lawn's Lounge Fantasy Football League Thread

ReefWeeds

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what's going on, but I kinda wish I didn't thanks to Joseph Randle and Pinner :angry:

Meanwhile, Harry slowly creeps into the lead.

:ninja:

:lol: you're too young to gamble, HJS ;)

Ok, sooo here's what I've gathered based on what I've learned (and it's probably shitty advice).

Read it slowly... with a separate device so you can see what I'm talking about, if you can.

Take a look at each of your player's "projected total points contribution" to the team (stat: Proj).

Then make sure they can (are healthy: see the key below) and will (are hopefully in the starter position) play in the game.

Do this by tapping the name of the player and reading up on the news tab... I've found these news feeds up-to-date and to be fairly accurate... although somewhat confusing at times.

Then load up your team with the healthiest/highest projected team members from your team/bench for the week.

Obviously there can and are a metric ####-loads of other stats that the FF vets are looking at; but with as many people as are in this league they can't drop a decent player and expect to find a good replacement anytime soon.

This works in our (the newbs') favor... we can just go by the Proj/health stats and make a stand using who we've got in our benches, or can pick up from the pool of available players ( available players are listed "Players" tab near the "My Team" tab)... Not much help there at the moment

Health raitings are abbreviated in RED next to the players names. Also detailed in the news tab:

P= Probable aka "Suck it up, get the hell out there, and do your job"

Q= Questionable aka "Hey buddy, looks like you're 'roughed up' a bit. We'll put you aside unless absolutely necessary"

O= Out of the game aka "Damn! You got ####ed up!"

Sooo, Andrew Luck, my QB, was projected to be a really good player this season, which is why I picked him first in the draft... he's not living up to the projections tho. Tap his name and his weekly stats will be shown

I've got a second QB on my bench waiting to go in but he's projected at 6 less pts than Andrew Luck.

Meanwhile, Stella had to drop her QB into the open pool of availabe players in order to find a substation. This is because (despite the fact he's one of the better in the league) he pulled a hamstring and will be "out" for at least a couple of weeks.

Her problem is: the QB is the most important player on the team and now she's stuck with the crappy leftovers in the pool of open players to choose from (Black "Players" tab, sub tab QB, then look at the Proj) .

Here's where things get more complex by my standards and (spoiler alert) this is my current plan:

I don't think Rightfire is even in the league, but he's tried to tell me to drop my highly rated QB several times. I BELIEVE it's because he's in cahoots with someone who IS in the league (Stella? Braaap? JB? PGR!?!) dunno... BUT I'M ONTO YOU GUYS!!! Not gonna happen.

My plan: Is to drop that one QB on my bench(Josh McCowen) who is Proj 6pts lower than Andrew Luck. Then I'll place Stella's old injured QB (Jay Cutler) on my bench and wait till he gets better. That way I have two highly Proj QBs in mah corner to choose from once Jay Cutler gets healthy again (few weeks according to the news tab). This also will further limit the options of the Cahoots' options

Can't believe I wrote this all out on my phone as tired as I am and really hope it makes some sense to those of you who actually tried to follow along.

Coolsville Badasses DGAF

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm flying solo - no cahoots here .

I just follow sports pretty closely and have a decent idea of what each player might be capable of. But things can turn and royally #### your life up quickly in sports projections

Yeah, I'm not in cahoots with RightTireFire. But Tannehill was projected as better than Cutler so Cutler was always my backup. Tannehill and Miami in general sucked today and it killed me. Not to mention, I benched Keenan Allen who actually scored 26 points, so not a smart move on my part!!! Projections can help, but you never know what is going to happen from week to week. But it is fun to try to figure out.

I don't have a horse in this race... why you mention me stella? I'm just enjoying the ride, and teasing pinner about a. Suck

I'm on to you jackass...

And for the record, I don't trust a single one of you fools.

THAT SAID: This is my first Fantasy Football, and I really have no idea what I'm really doing so take my advice w/a gallon of salt water

Yep but that's public info that we both own the team miss kat so everyone knows that. Miss kat and I aren't in cahoots with anyone but victory. We've kept the same lineup so far minus a few free agent adds week one.

I don't have a horse in this race... why you mention me stella? I'm just enjoying the ride, and teasing pinner about a. Suck

But ya, he better get his shit together in the next couple of weeks

Yep but that's public info that we both own the team miss kat so everyone knows that. Miss kat and I aren't in cahoots with anyone but victory. We've kept the same lineup so far minus a few free agent adds week one.

:slap:

We is in cahoots. :angry:

YUDONNWANNABEINCAHOOTSWIDME?

:(

I'm just enjoying watching you burn with your ####ed up qb pinner. The only thing between me and stella is a package of chaeto.

Sorry stella I didn't read the spoiler.I know 0 about fantasy football and just enjoying this thread since I was too late to join

I'm just enjoying watching you burn with your ####ed up qb pinner. The only thing between me and stella is a package of chaeto.

Says the guy about to receive Stella's pkg

;)

I could do this all day if you keep giving me ammo like that.

Archived