Innovative Marine Aquariums

Muraki's Mr. Aqua 22 Long

Muraki

That is a good number of lizards and frogs. I used to have more when I was younger. But This day and age, I do not have the time to give them the care the require in those numbers. So I stuck with what I really wanted to keep. : ) You ever post up pictures of any of your animals?

I'll try and show you some today or tomorrow :)

I used to have quite a bit more actually lol.

• Like 1

I'll try and show you some today or tomorrow :)

I used to have quite a bit more actually lol.

Post away! I wish I had pictures from back in the day, but sadly I do not. And digitical Camera's back then weren't so great. :lol:

I'll get a picture of my turtle sometime this weekend. He is a beast.

• Like 1

here are a few, fresh from this morning with my I phone, I have to be on desktop to send pictures, I couldn't get 3 of the geckos or red to stay for a good pic, they must not be feeling photogenic, the dwarf African clawed frogs are a hopeless case for pictures right now also.

I also got a good roach picture.

2015-07-31.jpg2015-07-31.jpg2015-07-31.jpg2015-07-31.jpg2015-07-31.jpg

2015-07-31.jpg2015-07-31.jpg

• Like 3

here are a few, fresh from this morning with my I phone, I have to be on desktop to send pictures, I couldn't get 3 of the geckos or red to stay for a good pic, they must not be feeling photogenic, the dwarf African clawed frogs are a hopeless case for pictures right now also.

I also got a good roach picture.

Love all the frogs, I used to do the same, keeping tree frogs and lizards together. Anoles are always good when it comes to taking pictures. Your box turtle looks real healthy as well. You have her since a hatchling? You are making me miss my Anoles.

Tank update:

Test results after 1 week, Have been placing decent bits of frozen food into the tank throughout the week. I expect a spike to hit later this coming week.

IMG_0911.jpg

I need to replace the left spinner with the same kind I got on the right. It seems to be working better. Please ignore the messy sandbed. And yes, that is a piece of live rock in the display with Coral on it, some Macro and feather dusters. Shame on me I know, but I have those softies literally growing up my glass on the Spec V.... Oddly enough there is a tiny piece of Kenya tree on it as well that is always 100% open happy as can be.

IMG_0912.jpg

The Sump, Skimmer is not running yet, but then again, has no reason to be. Ignore the wires too! Nothing has been tied in place yet.

IMG_0913.jpg

You can't see it all, but the blue ochtodes piece is in the back behind the Chaeto. But this is where all the live rock was placed to get the tank started.

IMG_0914.jpg

• Like 7
Marc.The.Shark

Man, it was worth the wait, that looks awesome! Light coverage looks good too. Are you seeing any color separation from the LED's on the sand bed? Trying to decide if I want to add some diffuser to my fixture while I'm building it. I have some & have it on my current DIY light, but have no experience with Dave's V3's.

• Like 1

Love all the frogs, I used to do the same, keeping tree frogs and lizards together. Anoles are always good when it comes to taking pictures. Your box turtle looks real healthy as well. You have her since a hatchling? You are making me miss my Anoles.

Tank update:

Test results after 1 week, Have been placing decent bits of frozen food into the tank throughout the week. I expect a spike to hit later this coming week.

I need to replace the left spinner with the same kind I got on the right. It seems to be working better. Please ignore the messy sandbed. And yes, that is a piece of live rock in the display with Coral on it, some Macro and feather dusters. Shame on me I know, but I have those softies literally growing up my glass on the Spec V.... Oddly enough there is a tiny piece of Kenya tree on it as well that is always 100% open happy as can be.

You can't see it all, but the blue ochtodes piece is in the back behind the Chaeto. But this is where all the live rock was placed to get the tank started.

lol I haven't really seen too many other people do that before. I always think little Patricia is sick because of the way she refuses food at times, picky picky turtle. I actually picked her up in Florida also, I had always wanted a pet turtle, so like almost 2 years ago when we were on a vacation in Florida, I was walking in some forest area, and since it was winter time this was an unusual sight, the box turtle was just sitting out in the open, shell was all chewed up in corners looks like a coon was on her, not bloody or anything, then I take her in the sun to warm her little turtle self up since it was like 45° F and when she finally is walking its obvious why she isn't in a burrow, her one foot is missing like 3 toes. I showed her to parents and got to keep her lol. I can show you pics on Monday probably.

Tank looks pretty darn good, what's the plan with this tank?

• Like 2

lol I haven't really seen too many other people do that before. I always think little Patricia is sick because of the way she refuses food at times, picky picky turtle. I actually picked her up in Florida also, I had always wanted a pet turtle, so like almost 2 years ago when we were on a vacation in Florida, I was walking in some forest area, and since it was winter time this was an unusual sight, the box turtle was just sitting out in the open, shell was all chewed up in corners looks like a coon was on her, not bloody or anything, then I take her in the sun to warm her little turtle self up since it was like 45° F and when she finally is walking its obvious why she isn't in a burrow, her one foot is missing like 3 toes. I showed her to parents and got to keep her lol. I can show you pics on Monday probably.

Good save on the box turtle! They are neat animals, I would assume you are to keep it it's whole life span?
  • Like 2

Good save on the box turtle! They are neat animals, I would assume you are to keep it it's whole life span?

thanks. she's mine till she's dead is the plan lol.
  • Like 2

thanks. she's mine till she's dead is the plan lol.

Good deal amphipod :)

What alot of people don't realize when they allow their children (not that it applies here) to keep that box turtle from grammas house 3 states away,is when they grow tired of it and release it back into their backyard or nearby woods that the turtle will spend it's life trying to get back to its original home. :(

• Like 2

Good deal amphipod :)

What alot of people don't realize when they allow their children (not that it applies here) to keep that box turtle from grammas house 3 states away,is when they grow tired of it and release it back into their backyard or nearby woods that the turtle will spend it's life trying to get back to its original home. :(

I know, they do have a strong homing instinct, when I first got my girl she was walking about her cage in circles for some time. Eventually a few weeks later she figured the cage was her new home and settled down. I don't think a turtle should ever be considered a beginning pet, let alone a kids pet. Dogs and cats are for the kids, other farmy animals also.

Regardless I agree with you, if you get the pet you better have the commitment!

• Like 2

I know, they do have a strong homing instinct, when I first got my girl she was walking about her cage in circles for some time. Eventually a few weeks later she figured the cage was her new home and settled down. I don't think a turtle should ever be considered a beginning pet, let alone a kids pet. Dogs and cats are for the kids, other farmy animals also.

Totally agree good to see another herper here!
  • Like 2
HarryPotter

+1 on commitment. Whether you are in a rush or are shitting out of your ears, pets still need to be fed and taken care of. They're your responsibility.

I wonder if my African Sulcata Tortoises would try to go to Africa if I let them loose lol... Or maybe Texas?

• Like 2

what herps do you keep?

Lol I had to double check to make sure autocorrect didn't make my question " what herpes do you keep"

• Like 1

what herps do you keep?Lol I had to double check to make sure autocorrect didn't make my question " what herpes do you keep"

Haha yea I do too,I think my phone has finally agreed to see it my way.

I usually only keep one at a time,as I have a ferret,the tank,and two dogs,but I just sold my breeding pair of crested geckos,and nd now am keeping a jacksons chameleon named Action Jackson Ducane. I actually started his own thread on here yesterday,complete with videos

• Like 1

Tank update:

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

The Sump, Skimmer is not running yet, but then again, has no reason to be. Ignore the wires too! Nothing has been tied in place yet.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Wat light are you using to help your cheteo grow?

• Like 2

It really is odd to see box turtles out when it is that cold, but I come across is every so often. She looks happy and healthy now, so keep up the good work.

I plan to keep a mixed reef of Softies, LPS and SPS with Macro's on the far right side of the tank where there is fewer rocks. Off crouse there will be macro in the sump as well. I expect to get the majority of my coral from the reef farm down the road since they have been farming all there corals there for years and don't import anything or sell anything wild caught.

Other sources of corals and macro will probably be from reefers on NR!

Update on the snakes. All 11 eggs have hatched. No losses there, I feel as if I lucked out since I gathered the eggs probably 2 weeks after they hatched. I was afraid of orientating a few wrong from the transport and sufficating some. But looks like I managed to keep them all up right!

Well I love seeing others reptiles, so don't hesitate to post pictures. I will hopefully get a picture of my turtle posted today.

Wat light are you using to help your cheteo grow?

Coral Compulsion Refugium light. I plan on getting a second since in the past with this exact bulb, I have had excellent results.

• Like 2

Lucky! Lol, you got a local coral farm, and I got a petco lol. You plan no fish?

Congrats on the hatch :D

I do plan on fish, The current clownfish in my Spec V, he should be happy with the jump to a 22 gallon. Then possible a Black clownfish as well. Once the tank is mature and I have all the macro growing well, I may consider a Mandarin. But that all depends on the tank itself.

I removed one of the small pieces of live rock that I had in the refugium, didn't like some of the Algae I saw growing on it, still small, but it was growing at an alarming rate, So I just took it out of the tank to dry out. The blue ochtodes that I had in the refugium had already began to secure itself to that rock, so it had good signs of growth, so I ripped it off and put it back into the refugium. Tank currently has Diatoms, few created some bubbles, like 1 or 2 bubbles. Reducing the amount of light the tank will get everyday, but I expect it to clear out shortly. I plan on making an order from Reef Cleaners soon as well since the parameters look good as well.

• Like 1

Update on another note. So almost 2 months ago my mothers friends came across some eggs, and because they did not know what they were, wanted to smash them. Luckily my mother was with them and stopped them before doing harm to the eggs, she took pictures and sent them to me. I immediately new they were snake eggs. I drove 35 minutes out of my way, and took the eggs that the property owner did not want on their land. Noticed the sand paper like shell and knew they were black racer eggs. I setup a makeshift incubation area, keeping the temp at 80-82F and Humidty at 80-90% for 40 days. Not knowing how long has already gone by before the eggs were found, i expected them to hatch around mid August, well guess what? They are beginning to hatch today! I opened the container to two little nippy baby snakes. Cute little snots.

second time opening the container....

IMG_0905.jpg

One decided to explore the house while the other stayed for one more picture.

IMG_0906.jpg

4 hours later... 3 third one hatches! He was just as feisty as the first two, my Fiance was holding this one while I took pictures.

IMG_0910.jpg

I have never really been a fan of snake I will pet them and care for them but I will not own one. I had alot of close encounter with them. But those little dude look awesome, I hope they are doing good
  • Like 2

I have never really been a fan of snake I will pet them and care for them but I will not own one. I had alot of close encounter with them. But those little dude look awesome, I hope they are doing good

They were doing great. Released them all today since the last one hatched this morning. I wish I could keep one, but I do not have the time to care for more animals.

you should totally get like a brittle starfish, since they are awesome, in the cuc.

I want a brittle starfish, but they are good predators as well are they not? I would be afraid of shrimp disappearing..... I am considering a basket star once the tank is a few months old.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

They were doing great. Released them all today since the last one hatched this morning. I wish I could keep one, but I do not have the time to care for more animals.

I want a brittle starfish, but they are good predators as well are they not? I would be afraid of shrimp disappearing..... I am considering a basket star once the tank is a few months old.

Micro Brittle stars. Awesome CUC Members that are the size of quarters (including tentacles). I have a BUNCH that came on a frag plug (?) and reproduced like crazy

• Like 1

Micro Brittle stars. Awesome CUC Members that are the size of quarters (including tentacles). I have a BUNCH that came on a frag plug (?) and reproduced like crazy

Oh I have plenty of those that will transfer over from my Spec V. Got them 12 months ago from another nano reefer in the forums. But I wouldn't mind a larger species if I knew I could keep him from harming any of my shrimp. Snails I don't mind so much, but my shrimp.... : (

• Like 1