Pod Your Reef

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

Those coral crunchers are hungry fish, huh?

I came across this on the youtube.

talk about overfeeding... :lol:

anigif_enhanced-18703-1394574215-16.gif

:lol: I couldn't help it!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well they do move quickly to grab food - so they park in coral branches then strike when something floats by :)

Strike :P like there a black mamba or something :lol:

So how are the crunchers doing or did you lose them again :o

Her aiptasia ate them :^ (

:lol: Well they are venomous ;)

I lost Bob. Haven't seen him since the day before yesterday :blink: Dot is crouching behind the heater.

Her aiptasia ate them :^ (

could be! I have a few big ones in the 12. Some of the slug bunnies need to be moved over :)

My my, they are worse about wasting food than seahorses!

ha they are! They chew kind of slowly so I've figured out if you hold the pipette near them, they'll chew what they have in their mouth then continue to take food until they're full. It sure helps with spreading way too much stuff all over the tank :lol:

Better send out the search and rescue unit ;)

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been really slacking on updating my threads!!! Not slacking in the Jack sense of the word, but still slacking

;^ )

This is Dot's new favorite crouching space, right behind the heater. Bob likes to go missing on a weekly basis. Then he'll show up, after I'm certain he is dead, looking all cute and healthy. Dot I always see. She will actually follow my pipette around when I'm feeding. Bob, well, not so much. So I tend to squirt a little bit of food in the last few places I've found him.

9EK9fSR.jpg

Some of the algae growing in this tank:

I bought this as "needle brush" - no clue what it actually is. Has a growth pattern like blue ochtodes, but is much finer and bright red:

sxCPEt3.jpg

Blue ochtodes:

w1JJzEq.jpg

I've been looking for a green clown goby or two to add to this tank. None of the LFS here seem to have any clown gobies! Well, and when i say none - I really mean the only two in the area! One is over an hour away and the other is about 30 minutes.

Cespitularia:

Muoywee.jpg

This green macro started growing off of one of my branches of botryocladia. I'm thinking it is ulva since it is bright green and somewhat leafy like ulva. For whatever reason, this particular colony of botryocladia also has coralline growing all over it. Which I don't think is good for the macro!

SQRF3xP.jpg

Dwarf feather dusters:

3egmqA2.jpg

FxdNpf3.jpg

Glad Bob and Dot are enjoying life. Gorgeous macros!!!

Thank you :)

I liked all the textures and shapes in this shot:

8GzRMDC.jpg

Those feather dusters are so cute!!

Thanks Kimber! When I put the pink one in the tank, it actually bailed out of its tube the first night. I figured it died. A few days later I saw it and it had built another tube. I was surprised. It's been happy ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

How are Bob and Dot? long time no updates!

I know! I've been terrible at updating this tank thread!

They're doing great!!! they now come out for feeding so that makes it a LOT easier. Bob still hides more than Dot, but at least I generally see him once a day :)

I added a green clown goby a couple weeks ago but haven't seen him since adding him to the tank so I'm worried that he didn't make it :wacko:

I know! I've been terrible at updating this tank thread!

They're doing great!!! they now come out for feeding so that makes it a LOT easier. Bob still hides more than Dot, but at least I generally see him once a day :)

I added a green clown goby a couple weeks ago but haven't seen him since adding him to the tank so I'm worried that he didn't make it :wacko:

If they come out when you feed them you have no excuse for no pics :)

I'm hoping the green clown took hiding lessons from Bob.

Stella I see you have some blue Octhode is it ready for clipping??

It is! I was just clipping stuff the past couple days to put a couple macro packs up for sale. Do you want to trade macros? I love macro trades!!!

If they come out when you feed them you have no excuse for no pics :)

I'm hoping the green clown took hiding lessons from Bob.

Well, this is just for you, Teeny :) This tank needs a serious cleaning - the sponge fell over about a month ago and Dot and Bob live on and around it so I haven't had the heart to move it. But that also means I can't get to the glass in that area to clean it so here are Dot and Bob at feeding time last night - dirty glass and all!

I2XBSDh.jpg

Dot:

e9dPKvv.jpg

Bob:

uvobNn5.jpg

Ha- that top snail looks like he has a woven shell

I love those snails! They're virgin nerites or tapestry snails. They are workhorses and don't just sit at the waterline like the big nerites. They're smaller so they don't tend to knock over frags and stuff. And their shells are all different and have really cool patterns!

I love those snails! They're virgin nerites or tapestry snails. They are workhorses and don't just sit at the waterline like the big nerites. They're smaller so they don't tend to knock over frags and stuff. And their shells are all different and have really cool patterns!

I have missed this tank for over a month but I am loving it! All the color, patterns, textures and life makes it a very cool tank. And Dot and Bob are O so cute!

I have missed this tank for over a month but I am loving it! All the color, patterns, textures and life makes it a very cool tank. And Dot and Bob are O so cute!

thanks Dawn! Well, I haven't been very good at posting and keeping this thread up to date, that's for sure!!! I need to scrape the glass so I can take better photos :lol: And then maybe I'll find the missing green clown goby :(

still no sign since I put him in the tank almost two weeks ago. I have gently moved some macros around looking for him, but nothing. I know they're good at hiding and the coloring makes it easy for him to camouflage himself in the tank so I still have hope. I've been doing more broadcast feeding in this tank with the hopes he's getting some food. The macros are loving it and this is looking a bit like a macro jungle at the moment. I need to do some clipping.

Archived