inTank Media Baskets

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Some gorgonian photos - right now, I'm feeding the tank a bit twice a day until the NPS gorgs get established.

Not sure if you're planning on feeding less or more, but once they get established, they will require much more food as they'll be growing :)

Not sure if you're planning on feeding less or more, but once they get established, they will require much more food as they'll be growing :)

I plan on feeding at least once a day, but right now I'm doing smaller feedings to make sure I get them good with food while they're adjusting to the tank.

jedimasterben

I plan on feeding at least once a day, but right now I'm doing smaller feedings to make sure I get them good with food while they're adjusting to the tank.

Some of them, especially the stereonephthya, will not do well with decreased feedings, unfortunately, even being somewhat photosynthetic they have a very poor track record :(

Some of them, especially the stereonephthya, will not do well with decreased feedings, unfortunately. :(

Well, I'll continue to feed the heck out of them then :) With all the macros in there, the extra nutrients will be beneficial for the tank for sure.

(BB)

:lol:

EquinsuOcha

Steronepthya.

IaE0uUa.jpg

have any more pictures of this? what exactly is it, I don't recognize the name and its pretty cool looking.

have any more pictures of this? what exactly is it, I don't recognize the name and its pretty cool looking.

It's a soft coral - can be NPS, can be partially photosynthetic. But they definitely need feedings more than other types of softies either way. i can take more photos, it's so orange that it kinda blows out the photo. It's hard to get details.

do critters come out of the holes?

Not that I've noticed! those are just the polyps that open up so hopefully no critters. I had some critters come out of the rock that the coral was attached to :)

Well, I found Dot!!! AND BOB! And they're both still alive. I tore apart almost the entire scape yesterday looking for them. I finally found Bob. He was stuck in my ghetto mangrove planter - couldn't figure out how to get out of the lip with the root system. I had to pull the mangroves out and then dump him into the tank along with a crapload of fiji mud. The tank is a mess, but they're alive and I just spied them about 20 minutes ago - both snuggling in the same cave and they both ate some doc's super eggs :)

OnNBqvI.jpg

Well, I found Dot!!! AND BOB! And they're both still alive. I tore apart almost the entire scape yesterday looking for them. I finally found Bob. He was stuck in my ghetto mangrove planter - couldn't figure out how to get out of the lip with the root system. I had to pull the mangroves out and then dump him into the tank along with a crapload of fiji mud. The tank is a mess, but they're alive and I just spied them about 20 minutes ago - both snuggling in the same cave and they both ate some doc's super eggs :)

Best read of my Friday so far :lol:

:lol: too stupid to turn around!

Well, he could turn around just fine, but you can see the lip on the mason jar and the roots from the mangroves made it like a fish trap. He kept trying to figure out how to swim out of the top but couldn't figure it out. Then he started stirring up fiji mud and I realized I needed to get him out of there because it was getting so cloudy I couldn't see in and he was breathing in all that silt.

Best read of my Friday so far :lol:

:lol: Took me about 6 hours to scape that tank last weekend. And boom. Back at less than square 1 in less than a half hour.

Well, he could turn around just fine, but you can see the lip on the mason jar and the roots from the mangroves made it like a fish trap. He kept trying to figure out how to swim out of the top but couldn't figure it out. Then he started stirring up fiji mud and I realized I needed to get him out of there because it was getting so cloudy I couldn't see in and he was breathing in all that silt.

:lol: Took me about 6 hours to scape that tank last weekend. And boom. Back at less than square 1 in less than a half hour.

so…basically…he couldn't figure out how to swim up….or was too lazy to swim up….

yep retarded fish!

so…basically…he couldn't figure out how to swim up….or was too lazy to swim up….

yep retarded fish!

:lol: Yup, pretty much. But pink! Fat Heads! Googly eyes! :wub:

Archived