Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

I know. I honestly figured since they don't swim much I'd be good. But time for a top. I should've done it to begin with!!!

No, its one of those live and learn - don't blame yourself! I swear I think some are just suicidal. I just mentioned Smiz cause I love the top - so meticulous.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww. Sorry about Dot. That fish really didn't look capable of jumping. Double up security. Time for a lockdown. Seal all exits. Bob must not escape...

Aww. Sorry about Dot. That fish really didn't look capable of jumping. Double up security. Time for a lockdown. Seal all exits. Bob must not escape...

Ha! He is on lockdown!! One of my hermits escaped somehow and I saw him crawling on the tank table. Not sure how that happened!

I dunno, I'm sure if one tried hard enough it might could :D

True but I think in general they are too lazy. I hope that is the case because my seahorse tank does not have a lid of any sort. I do keep the water down almost an inch just above the rim so they would have to work at it. Where there's a will theres a way however.

Well, I have some bad news. I was just feeding Dot and Bob. I hadn't seen Dot in a day or two and just found her completely dried out next to the tank :tears:

She had been getting more active and hanging out towards the top of the tank. Now I feel terrible that I didn't have a top on the tank. Poor Bob has no mate.

Nooooo that's so sad!! I come back form vacation and keep reading about poor fish dying!! No bueno! :tears:

Nooooo that's so sad!! I come back form vacation and keep reading about poor fish dying!! No bueno! :tears:

You are not allowed to go on vacation again!!

Nice FTS! I like the full room shot.

Bob looks like a grumpy old man without Dot :mellow:

Thanks teeny! When this tank is cleaned up, it's my favorite one to look at. I need to do more trimming again tho!

And that 15% off of the aquamaxx tanks marine depot is running is making me want to upgrade this to the 22 long

I know it!! He does look grumpy. I've been thinking about getting another bonded pair from LA and rolling the dice.

Thanks teeny! When this tank is cleaned up, it's my favorite one to look at. I need to do more trimming again tho!

And that 15% off of the aquamaxx tanks marine depot is running is making me want to upgrade this to the 22 long

I know it!! He does look grumpy. I've been thinking about getting another bonded pair from LA and rolling the dice.

Those aquamaxx tanks look nice, I really thought about getting one for my upgrade.

You do realize, don't you, that in order to be defined as an "upgrade", you actually have to shut down the 12 long after you set up the 22 long, right?

PS: yes, get the bonded pair. You know you want to :naughtydance:

Those aquamaxx tanks look nice, I really thought about getting one for my upgrade.

You do realize, don't you, that in order to be defined as an "upgrade", you actually have to shut down the 12 long after you set up the 22 long, right?PS: yes, get the bonded pair. You know you want to :naughtydance:

:lol: orrrrrrr I can use the 12 for something else.......

Bob wants a croucher threesome. He told me.

You have seen 'Grumpy Old Men'. You are liable to end up with Grumpy Old Crouchers fighting over 1 woman? Just saying.....

Too bad it's not 15% off IM tanks... ;)

Only issue is then you need another system built for the filtration or drill it and run a sump. Those PAR bulbs are not going to light it so....... :unsure:

Its just a downhill spiral out of control :lol: the 22 would be nice but........it would take a chunk out of the 425 budget ;)

Only issue is then you need another system built for the filtration or drill it and run a sump. Those PAR bulbs are not going to light it so....... :unsure:

Its just a downhill spiral out of control :lol: the 22 would be nice but........it would take a chunk out of the 425 budget ;)

UB WRONG! :)

par bulbs would work fine. The length is virtually the same, the water is just a few inches deeper and the tank is a few inches wider :) With a macro tank, I think the par bulbs would work JUST fine ;)

filtration: HOB aqua clear. Done! I would then use this tank for a macro grow out. or something. eventually.

That wasn't on the website earlier!! Thankssss!!

I thought there was fine print saying MAP items excluded. Could be wrong. I'll have to double check

Archived