SaltCritters.com

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

Thanks. I bought some uncured live rock and put it in here to let things grow out. This was a little pink nail size sprout that grew this big in the 2 months I've had it! Unfortunately the caulerpa killed just about everything else.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I bought some uncured live rock and put it in here to let things grow out. This was a little pink nail size sprout that grew this big in the 2 months I've had it! Unfortunately the caulerpa killed just about everything else.

Wow that's some serious growth!! Mine seems to be slow growing!!

You know we need a build thread or some photos or something, right Mark?!?

There's so much color! FTS please :)))

:lol: well I just took most of the macros out and put them in a bucket with a light and heater so I can rescape finally. Soon!

Wow that's some serious growth!! Mine seems to be slow growing!!

You know we need a build thread or some photos or something, right Mark?!?

:lol: well I just took most of the macros out and put them in a bucket with a light and heater so I can rescape finally. Soon!

Did you ever finish painting your wall?

Did you ever finish painting your wall?

Um... no. I still don't know what I want to do with the brick :lol:

nYDqv44.jpg

Ummmmmm, paint it?

yah but white? the green? Or do I white wash it and let some of the brick show through? SO MANY OPTIONS, so much time to procrastinate.

FlowerMama

I like it but that's because of the color of my burgandy wall probably, but I like the adjacent color with it.

I like it but that's because of the color of my burgandy wall probably, but I like the adjacent color with it.

It's actually more of a rust color. I wish it was either more burgundy or something. I don't know. I can't make up my mind :lol:

jedimasterben

If you like that red sargassum, I can send you some the next time I go to the beach, that stuff floats around in giant, and I mean GIANT, masses just offshore, and it constantly breaks off. Though, I've never had it survive long term, I think that it could be a different strain or even species that is cool with being anchored down.

My rabbitfish loved it though :D

If you like that red sargassum, I can send you some the next time I go to the beach, that stuff floats around in giant, and I mean GIANT, masses just offshore, and it constantly breaks off. Though, I've never had it survive long term, I think that it could be a different strain or even species that is cool with being anchored down.

My rabbitfish loved it though :D

I would love to try some! the sargassum I have is doing ok floating in my fuge, but it actually anchored itself well in the 12 and seems to like it better there. Who knows! It's definitely brown and not red though. Or gold kinda.

yah but white? the green? Or do I white wash it and let some of the brick show through? SO MANY OPTIONS, so much time to procrastinate.

Bricks = Whitewash

Or, paint the brick green and whitewash over the green so a bit shows through?

Bricks = Whitewash

Or, paint the brick green and whitewash over the green so a bit shows through?

Actually, maybe I'll white wash over the rust. It will look like brick! I thought about sand blasting the paint off and going with natural brick then thought no way. Too much work

Actually, maybe I'll white wash over the rust. It will look like brick! I thought about sand blasting the paint off and going with natural brick then thought no way. Too much work

Ohhh, sand blast it!

Ohhh, sand blast it!

Yup blast that shit and get it back to normal.......who paints brick anyway :wacko:

I know it is seismically unstable so will fall down eventually :lol:

Ohhh, sand blast it!

Yup blast that shit and get it back to normal.......who paints brick anyway :wacko:I know it is seismically unstable so will fall down eventually :lol:

No way Jose. I don't know how to do that inside without getting sand and toxic paint everywhere

+1 on sandblasting. Just have someone else come do it. They'll wrap it in plastic so you won't even taste the lead after a few days.

+1 on sandblasting. Just have someone else come do it. They'll wrap it in plastic so you won't even taste the lead after a few days.

:lol: But my 66 is within 10 feet of that wall. Who cares if I swallow lead. I'm worried about the tank getting poisoned :) I have my priorities straight.

jedimasterben

You can cover the tank easily lol, or just drain it most of the way, slide it out of the room if you can, and then have them go to town :)

You can cover the tank easily lol, or just drain it most of the way, slide it out of the room if you can, and then have them go to town :)

... or just paint the damn wall :lol:

Well, I have some bad news. I was just feeding Dot and Bob. I hadn't seen Dot in a day or two and just found her completely dried out next to the tank :tears:

She had been getting more active and hanging out towards the top of the tank. Now I feel terrible that I didn't have a top on the tank. Poor Bob has no mate.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Poor Dot :(

Don't beat yourself up too much though, who would have thought she was even capable of jumping?

Archived