ReefCleaners.org

Apex controller programming help: Come here if you need help or ideas!

braaap

I'm guessing probably not but do the dosers dose the same amount? If they do you could always put them on a splitter off of the one outlet.

Hmm. That's a possibility. They're almost dosing the same amount.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

So I am fairly versed in Apex programming. I know I had a hard time programming mine when I first got it. It was very frustrating at first but I really enjoy it now. So I thought I'd offer assistance to anyone who needs it. Post in here if you have any questions on how to program something for your Apex.

Have a few questions:

1.I know Neptune says not to update the firmware overall wireless .. Anyone ever done. I will need to pull out everything to get it to my router which is a pain.

2. Is there anyway to use an apex jr just as an eb4 and have it controlled by an apex lite. Seems it cannot be done- opinions?

3. Is and Eb4 and an apex jr separate modules or the same - I cannot figure out. Some website say Eb4 but it says apex jr on the sticker

Have a few questions:

1.I know Neptune says not to update the firmware overall wireless .. Anyone ever done. I will need to pull out everything to get it to my router which is a pain.

2. Is there anyway to use an apex jr just as an eb4 and have it controlled by an apex lite. Seems it cannot be done- opinions?

3. Is and Eb4 and an apex jr separate modules or the same - I cannot figure out. Some website say Eb4 but it says apex jr on the sticker

1. If you do it over wifi, the update WILL fail. Download the update to a laptop. Switch the wifi off on the laprop and connect the laptop directly to the controller via the ethernet port.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?3080-Connect-PC-Mac-directly-to-controller-to-update-firmware

2.Cant be done as far as I'm aware.

3.The Jr controller is built into an eb4 looking module.

• Like 1

1. If you do it over wifi, the update WILL fail. Download the update to a laptop. Switch the wifi off on the laprop and connect the laptop directly to the controller via the ethernet port.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?3080-Connect-PC-Mac-directly-to-controller-to-update-firmware

Thanks ..

So basically if I need extra outlets I will need to buy an EB8 since Eb4 is a jr and cannot be used with and apex lite .. Correct ?

You can just buy an eb4 or eb8. Keep in mind that 6 outlets on the eb8 need ar least a 5 watt device to work properly as far as switching on and off via the apex. So low voltage pumps, fans etc have to be connected to the relay outlets. Eb4 has 4 mechanical relay outlets and and the eb8 has 6 triac and 2 relay.

• Like 1

Have a few questions:

Everything Lynk said is spot on.

Hoping someone can chime in on my slight issue over the weekend. I was attempting to setup a ATO using float switch and breakout box.

Issue is, I would test the float switch by opening and closing. When watching Apex Fusion the switch is very iffy. It may show up as open...may never close...or never open. Should I assume it's a faulty float switch?

Hoping someone can chime in on my slight issue over the weekend. I was attempting to setup a ATO using float switch and breakout box.

Issue is, I would test the float switch by opening and closing. When watching Apex Fusion the switch is very iffy. It may show up as open...may never close...or never open. Should I assume it's a faulty float switch?

Or a faulty connection?

Apex Fusion does have a delay, and perhaps you have hysteresis set too long.

• Like 1

Watch it on the "Old Dashboard" and also post your programming for that switch. My bet is the delay of fusion/hysteresis as Harry said. Also make sure your connections are nice and tight.

• Like 1

So I am fairly versed in Apex programming. I know I had a hard time programming mine when I first got it. It was very frustrating at first but I really enjoy it now. So I thought I'd offer assistance to anyone who needs it. Post in here if you have any questions on how to program something for your Apex.

Okay here is another problem.

I recently upgraded to an APEX LIte and everything is good except the graph on an IOS application. It shows incorrect value and the date looks messed up. The Apex fusion and Classica dashboard all do well and so does the link/upload data to Aquatic log.

I however cannot the IOS graph to work correct. The controls etc work well on the IOS. I have deleted the IOS application, removed the apex,cleared cache/memory etc on the iphone etc but still. When I reinstall and application and setup the apex - I get the actual values for like 5 sec and then it gets messed up again.

See picture - notice the date:

Any help would be wonderful

post-81712-0-10066800-1439824967_thumb.png

Watch it on the "Old Dashboard" and also post your programming for that switch. My bet is the delay of fusion/hysteresis as Harry said. Also make sure your connections are nice and tight.

I apologize for my ignorance, I have only used Fusion. How do I access the "old dashboard"?

I recently upgraded to an APEX LIte and everything is good except the graph on an IOS application. It shows incorrect value and the date looks messed up. The Apex fusion and Classica dashboard all do well and so does the link/upload data to Aquatic log.

I however cannot the IOS graph to work correct. The controls etc work well on the IOS. I have deleted the IOS application, removed the apex,cleared cache/memory etc on the iphone etc but still. When I reinstall and application and setup the apex - I get the actual values for like 5 sec and then it gets messed up again.

Netpune in all of their infinite wisdom(SARCASM) doesn't support that application. They only support Fusion. So they changed the way the Apex presents the data to the graphs so those graphs in the app no longer work. They don't work on my application either.

I apologize for my ignorance, I have only used Fusion. How do I access the "old dashboard"?

Open Apex Flash to get the IP address of your Apex. Then type that ip address in your url bar and it should open the old dashboard. You might need your IP address plus the port. So 192.x.x.x:80

Netpune in all of their infinite wisdom(SARCASM) doesn't support that application. They only support Fusion. So they changed the way the Apex presents the data to the graphs so those graphs in the app no longer work. They don't work on my application either.

It worked well when I had the apex jr (less than a month back). The day I switched to the apex lite it stopped working.

It worked well when I had the apex jr (less than a month back). The day I switched to the apex lite it stopped working.

That is weird for sure. I had an Apex Jr 3 or 4 years ago. Now I have a full Apex. Graphs haven't worked since Fusion came out.

I am sorry to ask this...but where is the Temp probe connected? LOL I normally see that value when nothing is connected in a temp port.

Edit: Check out the Apex in Profile,outlet, datalog setting if you see corruption...likie strange characters" #�Ҕ�" This can through off Apex Fusion or the graph....

I am sorry to ask this...but where is the Temp probe connected? LOL I normally see that value when nothing is connected in a temp port.

Edit: Check out the Apex in Profile,outlet, datalog setting if you see corruption...likie strange characters" #�Ҕ�" This can through off Apex Fusion or the graph....

Will check .. But I doubt since it shows up fine in Apex fusion and the apex classic dashboard ..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I need to turn an outlet on for three minutes, twice a day at 12:00pm and 1:00am. Then I need to turn it off. Its that simple but I haven't done this in so long. I cannot remember anything..

I am turning on a magnetic spinner prior to dosing. The dosing isn't handled through the apex.