Cultivated Reef

Apex controller programming help: Come here if you need help or ideas!

braaap

In that case for the wave maker program:

Fallback off

Set off

If time 08:00 to 20:00 then on

If feedA 000 then off

For the filter its :

Fallback on

Set on

If feedA 000 then off

The default time for feed a is 5 mins. If u want more time I think you can change the 000 to 005 if u wanted 5 more mins. U can also use the other feed modes for like a water change.

You can go into the old dashboard or on the display and change times in the Feed programs to longer. My FeedD program is 60mins. My FeedA is 10. Feed A is when I feed the tank and FeedD is when I do a water change. If you changed it to 005 it would just wait 5 more minutes until that outlet turned on when in reality the feed program has already ended.

• Like 1

Why are you turning off the return? For water changes? I use Feed commands for that. So I would do this:

Set ON

Fallback OFF
If FeedA 000:15 then OFF
That will make it be on all the time. When you use the Feed A then once the feed time ends it will wait 15 seconds before turning back on again. Obviously you'd have to set the return pump on Feed A as well.
You could also try this.
Set ON
Fallback OFF
If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON 000:15 ON
If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = OFF Then OFF

That SHOULD make it work properly. I've never tried to switch an outlet on a hysteresis though. Give it a shot and report back.

Thanks Guys .. it works exactly as I wanted. ATO switches on 15 sec after the return ..:)

lol I was about to suggest this:

Fallback OFF

Set ON

If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON then ON
If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = OFF Then OFF

Defer 000:15 then on

This way it always takes 15 sec to come back on...

Thanks Guys .. it works exactly as I wanted. ATO switches on 15 sec after the return ..:)

• Like 1
saltdiscus

Alk code

Fallback OFF

OSC 010:00/000:54/049:06 Then ON

If Time 21:00 to 07:59 Then OFF

If pH > 10.99 Then OFF

Ca code

Fallback OFF

OSC 010:00/002:20/047:40 Then ON

If Time 07:00 to 21:59 Then OFF

Thats the code i am using.my ca was 400 and alk was 7.is this the right code where i want my ca to be 460 and alk to be 9.

i am confused if i dose everyday or once a week.

Alk code

Fallback OFF

OSC 010:00/000:54/049:06 Then ON

If Time 21:00 to 07:59 Then OFF

If pH > 10.99 Then OFF

Ca code

Fallback OFF

OSC 010:00/002:20/047:40 Then ON

If Time 07:00 to 21:59 Then OFF

Thats the code i am using.my ca was 400 and alk was 7.is this the right code where i want my ca to be 460 and alk to be 9.

i am confused if i dose everyday or once a week.

Let me know when you find out how much you want to dose and we can help with the programming. There are a few calculators out there to help with the dose question.

saltdiscus

Let me know when you find out how much you want to dose and we can help with the programming. There are a few calculators out there to help with the dose question.

i want to know the process how much to dose?do i have to test ca ,alk daily then find out how much is been consumed?so do i check my after or before the water change?

i want to know the process how much to dose?do i have to test ca ,alk daily then find out how much is been consumed?so do i check my after or before the water change?

Test your levels for 3 or 4 days in a row at the same time. Start 10 minutes AFTER a water change and then test every day after that for 3 or 4 days. Once you figure out what you are consuming daily on average then a code can be written for your dosing. We also need to know how much your pump doses in a given minute. Writing a dosing program while not being on site at the doser is VERY hard.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

After a little research I would recommend to fix the time and date and link Apex again to Fusion. got this from the Neptune fourm:

To set the clock correctly via the display screen:

• System
  • Clock Setup
  • Auto Clock Disable
  • Set Time Zone
  • Daylight savings enabled
  • Set the correct time
  • Auto Clock Enable

To set the clock on the web interface:

• Configuration
  • Clock Setup
  • Auto Clock Disabled
  • Set Time Zone
  • Daylight Savings Enabled
  • Set Correct Time
  • Auto Clock Enable
  • Update Settings

Parents reset it.

Still nothing on the graphs.

Parents reset it.

Still nothing on the graphs.

Go through Fusion and make sure all your outlets and probes have "Enable Log" set. Then have them unplug all Energy Bars for 1-2 minutes. For some reason I've read of that working to unstick frozen data.

Hi another question how can I change the time to regular AM Pm rather then military time on the fusion? I know how to change on the display but can't seem to figure it out on fusion. Thanks again you guys are a great help. I was about to sell my apex and thought to try one last time when I wrote in. Thanks again

Hi another question how can I change the time to regular AM Pm rather then military time on the fusion? I know how to change on the display but can't seem to figure it out on fusion. Thanks again you guys are a great help. I was about to sell my apex and thought to try one last time when I wrote in. Thanks again

Fusion and Apex are 24hour based. The fact the display shows the 12 hour clock is a small favor done by Neptune. Programming time based events are much easier on the 24 hour clock.

So no you can't change it to my knowledge. Possible I have missed it but I have looked for it.

• Like 1
saltdiscus

Test your levels for 3 or 4 days in a row at the same time. Start 10 minutes AFTER a water change and then test every day after that for 3 or 4 days. Once you figure out what you are consuming daily on average then a code can be written for your dosing. We also need to know how much your pump doses in a given minute. Writing a dosing program while not being on site at the doser is VERY hard.

its brs 1.1 pump.ill test and post the results.

Hello there. Not sure why the fan won't turn on.

FAn outlet program is as follows:

Fallback OFF
If Temp > 79.5 Then ON
If Temp < 78.5 Then OFF
Here's the graph for 3 days. Red line is the fan. Shows that the fan did come on on the right side of the graph at the temperature set point.
But it did not on the left side of the graph when the same temperature set point was reached.
Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-07-09%25252
It has been similarly inconsistent whenever I have checked it. Why is this happening, how can I fix it?
Thank you.
Nanofreak79

Having trouble getting two gyres and the return off. I'd also need skimmer off at same time and on 10 minutes after pumps turn back on. I'm using the apex feeder, which I'm fussing I need to change. Right now it feeds at 12:30 pm and 8:30pm one drum rotation each time. Thank you in advance if you can figure it out.

Fallback OFF
If Temp > 79.5 Then ON
If Temp < 78.5 Then OFF
Here's the graph for 3 days. Red line is the fan. Shows that the fan did come on on the right side of the graph at the temperature set point.
But it did not on the left side of the graph when the same temperature set point was reached.
Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-07-09%25252
It has been similarly inconsistent whenever I have checked it. Why is this happening, how can I fix it?
Thank you.

I see..

what outlet number is the fan on? Try the same code but on outlet 4 or 8. These are mechanical outlets i recommend these with high power devices and sometimes really low power ones need to be here as well....

Having trouble getting two gyres and the return off. I'd also need skimmer off at same time and on 10 minutes after pumps turn back on. I'm using the apex feeder, which I'm fussing I need to change. Right now it feeds at 12:30 pm and 8:30pm one drum rotation each time. Thank you in advance if you can figure it out.

Whats the programming you have in the gyre, return pump and skimmer? what is the name of the feeder outlet?

Fallback OFF

If Temp > 79.5 Then ON

If Temp < 78.5 Then OFF

Screen%2520Shot%25202015-07-09%2520at%25

Thank you.

Items that take a low current such as fans and small pumps need to be on outlet 4 or 8 as stated above. Sometimes they will turn on but not off on the other outlets or sometimes you can get them to turn off but not on again.

• Like 1

I see..

what outlet number is the fan on? Try the same code but on outlet 4 or 8. These are mechanical outlets i recommend these with high power devices and sometimes really low power ones need to be here as well....

Items that take a low current such as fans and small pumps need to be on outlet 4 or 8 as stated above. Sometimes they will turn on but not off on the other outlets or sometimes you can get them to turn off but not on again.

Thank you both. What else needs to be on 4 or 8 from the following list

Dosers

T5s

heater

Dosers

T5s

heater

How many watts is the heater? If its not high powered I would recommend to have the dosers in outlet 4 or 8.

Dosers

T5s

heater

Depends on the doser. A stand alone BRS dosing pump I'd run it on 4 or 8. Or any small pump like it. A bubble magus on any outlet. I only put small items on 4 and 8. All the other outlets can handle pretty much anything we throw at them.

• Like 1

I have 2 outlets so I guess I'll have to put the BRS dosers on them.

The fan will have to stay inconsistent I suppose.

I'm guessing probably not but do the dosers dose the same amount? If they do you could always put them on a splitter off of the one outlet.