ReefCleaners.org

Apex controller programming help: Come here if you need help or ideas!

braaap

lol I was about to suggest this:

Fallback OFF

Set ON

If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON then ON
If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = OFF Then OFF

Defer 000:15 then on

This way it always takes 15 sec to come back on...

Totally forgot about the Defer statement. That is what he should use. I think I have used it twice in my Apex life. haha

StrainedSky

Fallback OFF

Set ON

Defer 000:15 then ON

Above should work just fine, your statement If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON then ON shouldn't be needed since the default state of the outlet is on.

• Like 1

Fallback OFF

Set ON

Defer 000:15 then ON

Above should work just fine, your statement If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON then ON shouldn't be needed since the default state of the outlet is on.

Jesus. Not my day. haha. Totally missed that. Trying to fix an Ai Nano light I got that isn't working. :(

I'd make the Set OFF or delete it all together.

• Like 1

Ok i need help for my brs 2 part dosing.ca need to be dosed from 9 pm to 5 am.alk need to be dosed from 8 am to 7 pm.

my ca is 400 pmm and alk is 7 dkh.

So do i dose everyday or once a week.

i also have magnesium which need to be dosed by regular aqua pump once a week like 50mm.

thanks in advance if anyone can solve or write me a code.

Do you know how much you want to dose? or how long do you want the dose to run every hour?

Jesus. Not my day. haha. Totally missed that. Trying to fix an Ai Nano light I got that isn't working. :(

I'd make the Set OFF or delete it all together.

lol i was trying to mulitask as well...i cant do two things at once

Ok i need help for my brs 2 part dosing.ca need to be dosed from 9 pm to 5 am.alk need to be dosed from 8 am to 7 pm.

my ca is 400 pmm and alk is 7 dkh.

So do i dose everyday or once a week.

i also have magnesium which need to be dosed by regular aqua pump once a week like 50mm.

thanks in advance if anyone can solve or write me a code.

Hard to write a code when we don't know how much it pumps in say 1 minute. There are dosing calculators for you to figure out how to raise your levels safely. Google one.

• Like 1

Why are you turning off the return? For water changes? I use Feed commands for that. So I would do this:

Set ON

Fallback OFF
If FeedA 000:15 then OFF
That will make it be on all the time. When you use the Feed A then once the feed time ends it will wait 15 seconds before turning back on again. Obviously you'd have to set the return pump on Feed A as well.
You could also try this.
Set ON
Fallback OFF
If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON 000:15 ON

That SHOULD make it work properly. I've never tried to switch an outlet on a hysteresis though. Give it a shot and report back.

Yes, this for water changes and when feeding. I usually turn the return off and the MP10 in feed mode during feeding. The idea is when the return turn off - the ATO sets off the alarm since the level rise in the last chamber. The delay for the ON is to level out the water levels before the ATO switches on.

lol I was about to suggest this:

Fallback OFF

Set ON

If Outlet Retun1_4_1 = ON then ON

Defer 000:15 then on

This way it always takes 15 sec to come back on...

Will try this out and revert back.

Yes, this for water changes and when feeding. I usually turn the return off and the MP10 in feed mode during feeding. The idea is when the return turn off - the ATO sets off the alarm since the level rise in the last chamber. The delay for the ON is to level out the water levels before the ATO switches on.

Will try this out and revert back.

Figured as much. Either one we posted will work. But use the defer. It is a cleaner code line and will override all other commands. The other won't.

• Like 1

I just purchased my first Apex and just set it up. I am still reading the programming section in the comprehensive manual.

However, does anyone have any tutorials or anything to show me how to set up physical switches/buttons to run functions? I want to create a small junction box with a few buttons to create quick "commands" for feeding, pump on/of, etc...

Any direction would be great!

I just purchased my first Apex and just set it up. I am still reading the programming section in the comprehensive manual.

However, does anyone have any tutorials or anything to show me how to set up physical switches/buttons to run functions? I want to create a small junction box with a few buttons to create quick "commands" for feeding, pump on/of, etc...

Any direction would be great!

Buy a break out box. Once you do that you can be walked through out to program them. It is easy as hooking up 2 wires to the BoB and then writing a SIMPLE program.

• Like 1

Buy a break out box. Once you do that you can be walked through out to program them. It is easy as hooking up 2 wires to the BoB and then writing a SIMPLE program.

Nice! What about the feed modes? They are pretty accessible through the display unit.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem. I forgot....but I think the time on the tank was the issue or clear cache from browser. Do u know how change the time?

Time change is done in the "Old Dashboard." That is the only place I have seen it.

TheKleinReef

Its also important to mention that I am 1700 miles away from this tank.

Time change is done in the "Old Dashboard." That is the only place I have seen it.

like the software before fusion?

I had a similar problem. I forgot....but I think the time on the tank was the issue or clear cache from browser. Do u know how change the time?

i tried clearing the cache, it didn't change anything. and no i do not know how to change the time on the apex from where i am.

Its also important to mention that I am 1700 miles away from this tank.

like the software before fusion?

i tried clearing the cache, it didn't change anything. and no i do not know how to change the time on the apex from where i am.

Yeah.... You need the old dashboard or display unit to change the time. I suspect it's an issue with the time and date.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Yeah.... You need the old dashboard or display unit to change the time. I suspect it's an issue with the time and date.

alright, i'll see if my parents can change the date, is there a way to do it the right way? I'd hate to mess it up any more.

myarmolich

Hey braap, can you write me code for a single switch ato (only temporary for the time being) that only turns checks for its activity only 5 minutes of every hour? the ato is switch 5

right now I have:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet MP10Back_3_1 = OFF Then OFF
If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Outlet ATO_Allow = OFF Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
and my ATO_Allow outlet is
Fallback OFF
OSC 030:00/003:00/027:00 Then ON
If Time 22:00 to 07:45 Then OFF

alright, i'll see if my parents can change the date, is there a way to do it the right way? I'd hate to mess it up any more.

After a little research I would recommend to fix the time and date and link Apex again to Fusion. got this from the Neptune fourm:

To set the clock correctly via the display screen:

1. System
  2. Clock Setup
  3. Auto Clock Disable
  4. Set Time Zone
  5. Daylight savings enabled
  6. Set the correct time
  7. Auto Clock Enable
To set the clock on the web interface:
  1. Configuration
  2. Clock Setup
  3. Auto Clock Disabled
  4. Set Time Zone
  5. Daylight Savings Enabled
  6. Set Correct Time
  7. Auto Clock Enable
  8. Update Settings

Hey braap, can you write me code for a single switch ato (only temporary for the time being) that only turns checks for its activity only 5 minutes of every hour? the ato is switch 5

right now I have:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet MP10Back_3_1 = OFF Then OFF
If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Outlet ATO_Allow = OFF Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
and my ATO_Allow outlet is
Fallback OFF
OSC 030:00/003:00/027:00 Then ON

For the ATO_Allow I would do as follows.

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/005:00/055:00 Then ON
With that code it should turn on at the start of every hour for 5 mins and then wait 55mins to turn on again.
  • Like 2

Hi I have been following this for awhile and now I have a question I have an Apex jr and just setting it up. I don't understand how to set my wavemaker . I just want to run it from 8 am to 8pm with feeding A. Please show me how. Also for my filter pump that one i want run all the time except when cleaning. Thanks

Hi I have been following this for awhile and now I have a question I have an Apex jr and just setting it up. I don't understand how to set my wavemaker . I just want to run it from 8 am to 8pm with feeding A. Please show me how. Also for my filter pump that one i want run all the time except when cleaning. Thanks

Where is the pump connected for power? And are you using a VDM module for the pump?

Pump is connected first outlet. Just a regular pump on on/off. No VDM. I am just starting out with Apex bought a jr to learn and see if I like it or not. Thanks

Pump is connected first outlet. Just a regular pump on on/off. No VDM. I am just starting out with Apex bought a jr to learn and see if I like it or not. Thanks

In that case for the wave maker program:

Fallback off

Set off

If time 08:00 to 20:00 then on

If feedA 000 then off

For the filter its :

Fallback on

Set on

If feedA 000 then off

The default time for feed a is 5 mins. If u want more time I think you can change the 000 to 005 if u wanted 5 more mins. U can also use the other feed modes for like a water change.

• Like 1