SaltCritters.com

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...I like the color of the kitchen! What do you mean by "skinning" the stand? It isn't already finished?

It is! But I actually prefer white stands AND I like the look of bead board so I want to skin it with that :)

And thanks on the color!! I'm loving it. And wondering why I didn't do it right when we moved in!

It is! But I actually prefer white stands AND I like the look of bead board so I want to skin it with that :)

And thanks on the color!! I'm loving it. And wondering why I didn't do it right when we moved in!

Ok, gotchya :). I like the sound of bead board! I've always loved the look of it!

Ok, gotchya :). I like the sound of bead board! I've always loved the look of it!

Me too!! It always has had a real coastal feel to me. We are going to be redoing the kitchen and the cabinets I picked out have bead board doors and such. Although I'm kinda slacking on that - so maybe next year this time the kitchen redo will be started :lol:

....because painting sucks.

Me too!! It always has had a real coastal feel to me. We are going to be redoing the kitchen and the cabinets I picked out have bead board doors and such. Although I'm kinda slacking on that - so maybe next year this time the kitchen redo will be started :lol:

I added bead board to our kitchen cabinets....love it.

I added bead board to our kitchen cabinets....love it.

Photos please :flower:

I think it just adds so much detail yet keeps a clean, crisp feeling.

And painting does suck. Next up: dining room. There's a ton of trim that is a blue color and the walls and rest of the trim are grey. I prefer white trim, so I have to redo all that - including all the windows and window panes that are grey at the moment. THEN more of a dune color for the walls.

And don't let the photo fool you. The built in doors are painted grey. They look white, but they aren't :(

lCzc4J6.jpg

(and the french doors - two sets - plus swinging door are all grey was well)

I want to see Jack's cabinets too :).

I love the charm of an old house..like your built-ins. In fact, I wouldn't mind my next house to be an old farm house. BUT...it has to be completely remodeled inside to modern day luxuries. And it has to have a giant walk-in closet lol. But I love the old woodwork etc., that you get with an old house.

I love the charm of an old house..like your built-ins. In fact, I wouldn't mind my next house to be an old farm house. BUT...it has to be completely remodeled inside to modern day luxuries. And it has to have a giant walk-in closet lol. But I love the old woodwork etc., that you get with an old house.

Ours was pretty much all updated - to some degree. The kitchen is late 90's, but at least modern electrical and such. There's a huge walk-in closet and master bath in our room - bathrooms need new cabinets, but at least modern plumbing and such. We weren't up for massive remodeling. Cosmetic stuff like kitchen cabinets, appliances and new bathroom fixtures and such, yeah. But redoing electrical, plumbing, etc, no thank you!!!

Ha ha, you young girls are not too good at roughing it. My hubby and I share a 5 ft closet!

My brother in law has a bedroom closet bigger than our master bedroom :^ ) Our house built in the 20's....his in 2000's.

Our house has tons of closets and storage - one thing I was really surprised about with the age of it! The closet in the master bedroom and bathroom were additions - probably in the 50's or 60's considering the layers of vinyl flooring I had to tear up in the master bath :)

although what is really funny is with the hole I popped in the plaster by mistake in the kitchen, I noticed newspaper in the wall. Took a piece out, date was 1921 so I thought that was cool :)

Will you start a red sea build thread already?

Or did you get the sca and lawn got the red sea?

Yeah, that :) I have the SCA. I'll start a new thread - but probably not until I at LEAST get the tank in place and sand in there etc.! Need something to look at in the thread.

Yes actually :) I'm not the deadhead, my husband is. But I do actually love that song. All of our pets have grateful dead inspired names.

Awesome! I love that song too.

Show this to your husband. It has over 10 thousand Dead show recordings all for free thanks to the band. I always have it going for backround music.

https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

Awesome! I love that song too.

Show this to your husband. It has over 10 thousand Dead show recordings all for free thanks to the band. I always have it going for backround music.

https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

Nice! I will show this to him! Well, on second thought, maybe I won't as I already listen to enough Dead music as it is :lol: Actually, he's in the car a TON for work, so he'll really like this.

Let's see if you can figure out the origins of the pet names :) One is easy ;)

Franklin Stower - our red poodle

Iko Iko - our black and white poodle

Stella Blue - our bichon (you already figured that one out)

McGannahan Skjellyfetti - one of our cats

The other cat's name is Deoje (phonetic spelling for D-O-G) but he was mine before I met my husband, so not Dead influenced

Nice paint color- 3 coats stinks for sure-it's only to common about that poor dog

thanks Sk8n!

It is terrible that people steal dogs. After I had the scare with Franklin, it wasn't until about 12 hours after that it really freaked me out. Dogs become such a part of your family. It is sick that people profit off of stealing them.

My brother in law has a bedroom closet bigger than our master bedroom :^ ) Our house built in the 20's....his in 2000's.

Some days I get online JUST to google images of large walk-in closets. If I have to I'll turn a spare bedroom, adjacent to the master, into a giant closet someday lol. It's gonna be fancy :).

Photos please :flower:

I think it just adds so much detail yet keeps a clean, crisp feeling.And painting does suck. Next up: dining room. There's a ton of trim that is a blue color and the walls and rest of the trim are grey. I prefer white trim, so I have to redo all that - including all the windows and window panes that are grey at the moment. THEN more of a dune color for the walls.

And don't let the photo fool you. The built in doors are painted grey. They look white, but they aren't :(

lCzc4J6.jpg

(and the french doors - two sets - plus swinging door are all grey was well)

I wondered who stole my grandmas china :P

I wondered who stole my grandmas china :P

Yup, it was me! Your grandma had awesome taste! Tell her thank you :)

I WANT YOUR CHINA! ALL OF IT!

You can have mine. It will go great in your kitchen :)

20151027_141628.jpg

Nice Kat! The top set is from my grandmother. I think she got it when she got married in 1940 or somewhere thereabouts. The lower blue set is flowing blue Wedgwood which actually has a cool story behind it.

Archived