Innovative Marine Aquariums

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

hmm... i googled both of those because i never heard of them, but for baymax i would stick marshmallows to her with honey and microwave her for just a few seconds to blow them up and make them into one. serve her with chocolate and graham crackers.

wait i got side tracked.i would however actually got to a taxidermist and see if theyve got an old pair of horns somewhere to spraypaint. glue them to a bald cap and bam,

That's a good idea......I went with foam and cut and shaped. Glue is drying before I can start shaping them down....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! You better skin it for support :^ )

Everything is predrilled. ...just make sure every hole has been filled.

Stand looks like everything is GOOD to go! Skinning is going to happen, just not now. the kitchen is a bigger pain in the ass than I thought it would be. I'm just going to paint the inside white then figure the rest out. someday :lol:

hmm... i googled both of those because i never heard of them, but for baymax i would stick marshmallows to her with honey and microwave her for just a few seconds to blow them up and make them into one. serve her with chocolate and graham crackers.

wait i got side tracked.

i would however actually got to a taxidermist and see if theyve got an old pair of horns somewhere to spraypaint. glue them to a bald cap and bam,

No microwaving the kids, boys :P:

I love Halloween. We always dress up and then try to scare the crap out of the kids. We go through probably about 10 large bags of candy. This neighborhood gets tons of kids - last year we had a line down our driveway! it was insane.

Not sure what to dress up as this year. Last year we were shits :) Jeff was tough shit and I was hot shit. The kids didn't really get it, but the parents loved it :lol:

Picture of the assembled stand?

MAYBE ITS HIS IDENTICAL TWIN :o

HAHA! MAYBE Shipping Jeff is!! ha!!! Love it.

Here's Mac the Cat in the stand, doors closed, he jumped through the hole in the top back and has been playing with the extra screws for like an hour in there.

b00hWVp.jpg

4ns2aqt.jpg

Snack time :)

dOfreY5.jpg

And just because. Last year's halloween costumes. Tough Shit and Hot Shit. This was actually a reprise of these costumes. We went to a halloween party with my brother and sis in law a few years ago and had gotten these. My brother was Bull Shit (horns and tail) and my sis in law was holy shit (wings and halo).

Hf5mDvW.jpg

Sooooo .... Were there extra parts like a shitload of screws when you put yours together? Because there's like 10 extra screws. Every time Jeff puts something together there's "extra" parts. I'm a bit nervous.

they don't give extra parts. I would be a bit worried :/

And just because. Last year's halloween costumes. Tough Shit and Hot Shit. This was actually a reprise of these costumes. We went to a halloween party with my brother and sis in law a few years ago and had gotten these. My brother was Bull Shit (horns and tail) and my sis in law was holy shit (wings and halo).

Hf5mDvW.jpg

That's awesome!

At first I thought you went as ESS.....Except you'd have to glue roses all over the shit.

they don't give extra parts. I would be a bit worried :/

I'm worried! Trying not to think about it :lol:

That's awesome!

At first I thought you went as ESS.....Except you'd have to glue roses all over the shit.

LOL!!! And thorns. I don't know if I have it in myself to look as grumpy as she does :lol:

A couple years ago, I was Barefoot and Pregnant Barbie. Jeff was Ken. It was funny. I can't think of anything this year.

haha nice costumes.

Did you pick your screen name after the Grateful Dead song?

Yes actually :) I'm not the deadhead, my husband is. But I do actually love that song. All of our pets have grateful dead inspired names.

stella, what is your pricing for a painting the size of lawns?

I'll send you a pm.

A couple years ago, I was Barefoot and Pregnant Barbie. Jeff was Ken. It was funny. I can't think of anything this year.

I think Nick and Iare staying home to pass out candy, but I still feel like we should dress up a little. I got no ideas.

I think Nick and Iare staying home to pass out candy, but I still feel like we should dress up a little. I got no ideas.

You could be the Ghost of Jose Cuervo! I was that one year when I couldn't figure out what I wanted to be. Get a white sheet, a cheap sombrero and paint your face white with a big mustache. Then walk around with limes, salt and a big bottle of Cuervo :lol:

Ok, so hopefully this redeems my choice in greens :) DONE! This is where the tank will be going. Ignore the discombobulation and dirty floor that I still need to mop ;)

(three coats. NOT one, NOT two, THREE ####ING COATS TO COVER THAT RUST)

eeYe6L0.jpg

AND the stand:

cgu7kWn.jpg?1

Also, if those of you in the pacific northwest could share/keep an eye out. This bugs the crap out of me. A couple months ago, someone was trying to get in our yard to steal Franklin, our red poodle. I saw this and it brought back that nightmare. In my case, I luckily saw it before he got in the yard and the guy ran off (and was subsequently caught a few weeks later).

LFc4GFr.jpg

What kind of awful person steals dogs out of a back yard!! :angry:

####ing evil ones. They then sell them as a "rehome" on places like craig's list. We have our dogs microchipped as well, but unless someone scans for the chip, it's not like they can help YOU locate your dog. When I called the police after seeing the guy trying to get Franklin to go with him (thank god he couldn't figure out how to open the gate quickly), the cop who came to take the report told me that it is big business. It just sucks. I put padlocks on both the side gate and driveway gate right after that.

Nice job on the paint....three coats!

Thanks Jack! I had to do quite a bit of plaster patching on the big wall. I took off three shelves that were anchored there and in the process of trying to get the metal anchors out OR push them in enough, I popped a 2"x6" hole in the wall. I also needed to cover up all the freaking holes from the other anchors. The previous owners were serious about anchoring that shit down :) There were 6 anchors for each shelf :wacko:

That's god awful, terrible sick people. That would warrant a shot gun blast with birdshot if I saw that happening.

Isn't it terrible?

I know your located in ct I'm north eastern near uconn , it's pretty quite but there's been more robberies and home invasions around willimantic .i see missing dog posters never thought it could be related because I'm not a sick person to want to steal someone's dog. But I can imagine it's widespread. Glad it was an unsuccessful attempt

####### evil ones. They then sell them as a "rehome" on places like craig's list. We have our dogs microchipped as well, but unless someone scans for the chip, it's not like they can help YOU locate your dog. When I called the police after seeing the guy trying to get Franklin to go with him (thank god he couldn't figure out how to open the gate quickly), the cop who came to take the report told me that it is big business. It just sucks. I put padlocks on both the side gate and driveway gate right after that.

I worry about that with Nick's two smaller dogs. But big bro newfie has a big bark and doesn't like strangers. Hopefully he would protect the little ones!

I know your located in ct I'm north eastern near uconn , it's pretty quite but there's been more robberies and home invasions around willimantic .i see missing dog posters never thought it could be related because I'm not a sick person to want to steal someone's dog. But I can imagine it's widespread. Glad it was an unsuccessful attempt

It really is crazy. Norwich gets a bad rap, but always seems to be what you hear on the news for crazy crap happening. Believe it or not, crime isn't bad for the size of the city - but crap like this really angers me.

I forgot you were up near UCONN!!! Beautiful area. We try to get up there every so often (I went to UCONN actually) and always end up at Bidwell Tavern - best wings ever ;)

Ok, that looks better. :)

You're not going to be institutionalized after all :happydance:

Although the dognappers should be :angry:

It definitely looks much better than it did against the rust ;) Those two colors just did NOT compliment each other well :)

Yeah, I agree. At least the one who tried to steal Franklin was arrested. I hope that poor person in Tacoma finds their pup :(

Archived