Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Lol, I'll take your word for it... It just looks really bad next to that horrible brown.

It'll probably take a couple of coats to kill that ugly. ;)

At least a couple :) Yeah, that original color was TERRIBLE. I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like baby poop green meets toddler poop brown :)

. :lol: believe it or not, it's a nice color green. Everything looks like horseshit next to that rust though.

. :lol: believe it or not, it's a nice color green. Everything looks like horseshit next to that rust though.

Well looking at the pic you are in a older house. Color seems good but yes baby poop either way.....brown on the brick looks like I was the same as on the wall?

Did you cancel the duo? I think about upgrading my lighting a lot and always remind myself that I'm keeping it simple with this tank...and push those thoughts out of my head LOL. My Razor is doing a fine job. Really no need for me to upgrade at all :). I have an old 6 bulb T5 fixture sitting out back and thought about just seeing how it looks on my tank. But I'm always too lazy to get it out. Plus I'm afraid I'll like it and then I'll be paying for bulbs every 6 months or whatever it is LOL.

I had a razor at one point till I compared my t5 fixture over the same tank. The razor kind of made colors blend together when compared to t5s. Really loved the slick look of razor though.

Well looking at the pic you are in a older house. Color seems good but yes baby poop either way.....brown on the brick looks like I was the same as on the wall?

HAHA! Yes, older house. 1920's Dutch colonial. The green is more of a celery color :) looks AWFUL next to that brown rust. And yeah, there's probably about 20 coats of paint on the brick wall so removing it isn't an option unless I want to sand blast or something and that's not gonna happen. SO, I'm going to paint it a white and then distress it so some of the brick and colors come out. We'll see how it turns out :) BUT the tank is going up before that happens :lol:

I had a razor at one point till I compared my t5 fixture over the same tank. The razor kind of made colors blend together when compared to t5s. Really loved the slick look of razor though.

I have a razor nano over my 12 L - And yes, I agree about the colors blending together. I'm really excited about the t5's!!!!!

:lol:

What are you laughing at, knucklehead? :P

(ok, so Sancho's post was funny. I laughed too :))

Behr took out a super thick paint. One coat and it's fabulous. It is more expensive but worth it for tough coat jobs. That's what I used in the nook, it was a rust color before also.

That's actually what I'm using. The Behr ultra! It looks better after it dried and I don't think I'll need two coats - at least where I painted against the trim.

I like the celery green. I feel that it will compliment the vibe of your home rather well.

Thanks!! Yeah, i think it will look good. next is the dining room. I like keeping things light with a "coastal" feel so I think this will fit in.

ALMOST done with painting omgomgomg

AND Jeff is setting up the stand for me :)

It actually is pretty nice looking so I'm thinking about just painting it white rather than skinning it and such. Seems SO much easier.

ALMOST done with painting omgomgomg

AND Jeff is setting up the stand for me :)

It actually is pretty nice looking so I'm thinking about just painting it white rather than skinning it and such. Seems SO much easier.

They're decent stands......but I say skin it.....I still want to do the same....some day! :^ )

They're decent stands......but I say skin it.....I still want to do the same....some day! :^ )

Sooooo .... Were there extra parts like a shitload of screws when you put yours together? Because there's like 10 extra screws. Every time Jeff puts something together there's "extra" parts. I'm a bit nervous.

Sooooo .... Were there extra parts like a shitload of screws when you put yours together? Because there's like 10 extra screws. Every time Jeff puts something together there's "extra" parts. I'm a bit nervous.

Mine from JBJ did... They don't trust you to not lost parts lol

Maleficent and Baymax.

hmm... i googled both of those because i never heard of them, but for baymax i would stick marshmallows to her with honey and microwave her for just a few seconds to blow them up and make them into one. serve her with chocolate and graham crackers.

wait i got side tracked.

i would however actually got to a taxidermist and see if theyve got an old pair of horns somewhere to spraypaint. glue them to a bald cap and bam,

Archived