inTank Media Baskets

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Wow, that looks great! I have the same problem with my blue digi that I got from Zia. It has the coolest electric blue color and it always looks like it's brown in pictures.

That mint pavona looks super cool too :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that looks great! I have the same problem with my blue digi that I got from Zia. It has the coolest electric blue color and it always looks like it's brown in pictures.

That mint pavona looks super cool too :)

Thanks Teeny!! yeah, it's the one from Zia! It has such awesome color but I just can't get that color to show in photos.

I can't get nitrates in my tank to save my life. I haven't seen any since my tank cycled. Phosphates on the other hand... it's time to replace some media

Anyway, it has been a while since I posted an update so here we go:

1. the blue clam I got a couple weeks ago kicked the bucket the day after I got it. Got two new clams with the credit from LA: a good size deresa and a small maxima. Both seem to be doing well.

2. Bought a bunch of stuff at the LC live sale! WOOOOOOOO! Won the LPS pack as well. Double WOOOOOOOOOOO! Now I've got plenty of corals for both the 12 and the biocube.

3. Didn't think to test cal and alk after I added the two new clams and dropped alk to 6. Oops! some LPS started receding as well as a couple SPS. Thanks, Lawnman, for the help in figuring out what was going on. So now I've got alk back up and things are starting to look better, with the exception of one monti that I'm not sure will make it. Time will tell.

4. Still working on the scape and stuff. But anyway, here are some photos:

Full-ish tank shot 9/11/2015

az0C3Wi.jpg

Acans looking better:

ctjaBpm.jpg

Chalice:

a2A33lK.jpg

Blue digi (it actually has nice blue, but couldn't capture in photos well):

OHAqNz2.jpg

Green toadstool, home to the clowns:

W3xiIV6.jpg

I forget what this is, but got it at the LC live sale:

ZIjo7JA.jpg

Some fuzzy porites:

ZQM0iym.jpg

Poci growing like a weed:

an7PyZR.jpg

New deresa:

Tfs5Jce.jpg

Closeup detail:

klnTFNd.jpg

Another poci:

OfltrTi.jpg

Jasmine polyps. I love these things:

5FPhmPZ.jpg

Mint pavona:

iRxXUmB.jpg

Small Spongodes and pink stylocoenilla (sp?) in foreground:

XHu0iHz.jpg

New page, bringing over since who KNOWS how long before I post another set of photos :lol:

I can't get nitrates in my tank to save my life. I haven't seen any since my tank cycled. Phosphates on the other hand... it's time to replace some media

clams will need the trates for sure.

New page, bringing over since who KNOWS how long before I post another set of photos :lol:

clams will need the trates for sure.

I don't know about the nitrates. Clams are mostly photosynthetic from what I've read, especially after 2.5-3". But I'm not sure :o

How much light would you say the Pavona is receiving? Mine has some brown spots developing and I'm not sure why

I don't know about the nitrates. Clams are mostly photosynthetic from what I've read, especially after 2.5-3". But I'm not sure :o

How much light would you say the Pavona is receiving? Mine has some brown spots developing and I'm not sure why

They are, but also need nutrients. Helpful article. See second paragraph specifically:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/7/inverts

The pavona i just moved. it's getting probably almost too much light to tell you the truth. I have it in the center of the tank now and before it was off to the side. I think I need to move it back down to the bottom and off to the edge of the tank again. I got better color then.

The nitrates must be being consumed by somethingto . Lol

Clams definitely need nitrates, etc. in addition to high light.

Update looks great. Spongodes browned out? What are your phosphates at?

These are blasto merletti

ZIjo7JA.jpg

The spongodes polyps have always been brown, the flesh is still bright green with purple edges. Bad angle. But phos are just above 0. Hard to tell exactly with the color chart. I ####### hate those color charts. And thanks for the ID!!!!! For the life of me I couldn't remember :)

Tank looks great!

Thanks Chris!

The spongodes polyps have always been brown, the flesh is still bright green with purple edges. Bad angle. But phos are just above 0. Hard to tell exactly with the color chart. I ####### hate those color charts. And thanks for the ID!!!!! For the life of me I couldn't remember :)

Thanks Chris!

You should look into a Hanna Phosphate checker. Very accurate and easy to use, plus no color cards required :)

Your tank is beautiful, love all the colors and growth, when you decided to frag something, im up for adoption :)

Do you feed your corals? what do you dose if any?

Your tank is beautiful, love all the colors and growth, when you decided to frag something, im up for adoption :)

Do you feed your corals? what do you dose if any?

Thanks MrReefer! I will for sure let ya know when I've got some frags ready to go :)

I do feed my corals (actually quite heavily). I feed Rod's 2-3 times a week which pretty much feeds the whole tank. On the days I'm not feeding Rod's, I feed either phyto, reef roids, reef chili, and target feed the LPS. Corals get something every day - it just varies.

I dose Red Sea Reef Energy A & B 3x per week. I also dose Seachem Reef Fusion 2 part daily.

Thanks MrReefer! I will for sure let ya know when I've got some frags ready to go :)

I do feed my corals (actually quite heavily). I feed Rod's 2-3 times a week which pretty much feeds the whole tank. On the days I'm not feeding Rod's, I feed either phyto, reef roids, reef chili, and target feed the LPS. Corals get something every day - it just varies.

I dose Red Sea Reef Energy A & B 3x per week. I also dose Seachem Reef Fusion 2 part daily.

Wow that's a feast, not a feed...lol. I've been looking to see how I can boost coral growth/color, I wanted to try Seachem Reef Plus being well priced. I see you have a cyphastrea behind those blue paly, what kind is it? seems to have yellow polyps but could be blue messing with the color.

Wow that's a feast, not a feed...lol. I've been looking to see how I can boost coral growth/color, I wanted to try Seachem Reef Plus being well priced. I see you have a cyphastrea behind those blue paly, what kind is it? seems to have yellow polyps but could be blue messing with the color.

I do! it's actually blue and pink. Meteor shower.

I skim like crazy and feed like crazy. I also do about a 25% or more water change every 5 or so days.

Oh wait! Yellow polyps under the pavona? That's actually a psammacora. It's purplish with yellow eyes.

I do! it's actually blue and pink. Meteor shower.

I skim like crazy and feed like crazy. I also do about a 25% or more water change every 5 or so days.

Oh wait! Yellow polyps under the pavona? That's actually a psammacora. It's purplish with yellow eyes.

I have the same, im really liking cyphastrea, i have 3 different ones (jingle bell, red hot lavar, meteor) in my tank but my fav is meteor shower with big polyps, can't see polyps on the other 2.

I can't find myself doing WC less than a week to 10 days. I envy you! Your tank def paid off for your dedication :)

Usually when I hear psammacora it's green (ugly) and doesn't have eyes. If that's really the color yours is, that's really cool! dips on those please :)

I have the same, im really liking cyphastrea, i have 3 different ones (jingle bell, red hot lavar, meteor) in my tank but my fav is meteor shower with big polyps, can't see polyps on the other 2.

I can't find myself doing WC less than a week to 10 days. I envy you! Your tank def paid off for your dedication :)

Usually when I hear psammacora it's green (ugly) and doesn't have eyes. If that's really the color yours is, that's really cool! dips on those please :)

It's an outer space psammacora actually. You've got dibs! Not sure how to frag encrusters yet though :)

Here's a better photo under daylight:

mIlr8Qy.jpg

Few more photos. Acans that were impacted by the alk drop continue to improve:

WCTewW7.jpg

Here's the little gold/purple maxima I got last week. it's only about an inch and a half :scarry:

PP773Q3.jpg

One more!

VKfww7Q.jpg

Wow stunning psammacora, im sure the color in the photo doesn't do justice than in real life. I think with encrusting corals, you just have to break it off along with the fragmented rock it attached to or chisel it out (don't)...lol.

Archived