Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Well, I haven't posted photos in a bit, so here are a few. I take crappy photos and I can't seem to get Jeff to take some for me, so y'all get the crappy ones.

Purple and green hammer:

QCpdWoQ.jpg

That's a fantastic photo! I don't see crappy here LOL.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your dog posts interspersed with your tanks. Giving me some inspiration to take some pics of Hagen.

YAY! Do it!!!!

Lovely new coral shots. Everything looks like its doing well!

Those poodles as lions is just too funny!

Thanks Felicia!!!

I thought this was a cool video. I have two skunk cleaner shrimp and they continually hatch eggs. Each one hatches about every 7-10 days so I get a hatching event (or whatever it is called) about every week. This past week, I took a quick video of baby shrimp swimming around

WOW. I gotta try something like that with our poodles- so you cut the body short and leave the head/neck long and brushed? That's sweet

WOW. I gotta try something like that with our poodles- so you cut the body short and leave the head/neck long and brushed? That's sweet

actually, it was an $11 piece of fabric for a mane I got off of Amazon! So Franklin will be sporting "the lion 'do" again this october :)

http://www.amazon.com/Dogloveit-Large-Costumes-Festival-Clothes/dp/B00NW8PPO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440341198&sr=8-1&keywords=lion+mane+for+dog

Thanks Felicia!!!

I thought this was a cool video. I have two skunk cleaner shrimp and they continually hatch eggs. Each one hatches about every 7-10 days so I get a hatching event (or whatever it is called) about every week. This past week, I took a quick video of baby shrimp swimming around

That's cool! Was the shrimp trying to eat the babies?

Love that video! My pair of cleaner shrimp used to have eggs all the time, but I never managed to be looking when they released them like that. Definitely some great, free fish food! :)

That's cool! Was the shrimp trying to eat the babies?

Yeah! Guess it figured that they weren't its babies, so why not eat them? lol When they actually hatch, the shrimp hatching the eggs doesn't go after them, but everything else does.

Did you buy the shrimp paired? Totally want this, free fish food for my mandy lol.

No! Got two from Live Aquaria and they paired naturally. Don't bother spending money to buy a mated pair. When I researched, as long as you buy them young, then they'll pair up.

No! Got two from Live Aquaria and they paired naturally. Don't bother spending money to buy a mated pair. When I researched, as long as you buy them young, then they'll pair up.

I have one cleaner shrimp and after watching that video DEFINITELY want another.

Any way to tell if the one I have is male or female? Or just buy one and hope for the best?

I have one cleaner shrimp and after watching that video DEFINITELY want another.

Any way to tell if the one I have is male or female? Or just buy one and hope for the best?

They change sexes. so they both lay eggs and they both fertilize the other's eggs. However, from my research, you need to get them young and at the same time if you truly want to pair them up. But it doesn't hurt to try!

They change sexes. so they both lay eggs and they both fertilize the other's eggs. However, from my research, you need to get them young and at the same time if you truly want to pair them up. But it doesn't hurt to try!

Ill just try to get one similar in size. I love the little cleaner shrimp, its pretty sweet to see them swimming around looking for pellets or bothering all of the clams :lol:

Wonder how nutritious they are.. :P Need some good foods for my mandy, hes been struggling.

They're quite nutritious, but not sure how many the mandy would be able to eat since they swim at the surface like BBS. Did he eat the live brine you bought the other day?

They're quite nutritious, but not sure how many the mandy would be able to eat since they swim at the surface like BBS. Did he eat the live brine you bought the other day?

Although, i kept a circulation pump on for a bit, but the return pump off and then they kind of go all over. But you're absolutely right. If there's no flow, they completely swarm and swim at the surface.

Archived