Top Shelf Aquatics

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

HAHA! I sent you one, didn't I??

Well, I don't know about the clam. It was looking better last night, woke up this morning and the mantle isn't extended. It isn't gaping any longer. I changing the timing of my lights to ramp up earlier today to try to get it some light and just put some phyto in the water. We'll see. My snails also decided to clean its shell constantly, so I think it got bothered by that.

Bubble coral still kinda pissy.

Funny, my snails loved my clam as well when I first got it. I guess its the alien algae?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clam update. Well, my little blue maxima is NOT doing well. Totally not extended at all. It was gaping pretty bad yesterday after I put it in the tank, then was looking slightly better last night. this morning, it looked like absolute crap and has all day :( Boo.

On a better note, the bubble coral is looking great!

Can you tell if the foot is planted?

I'd say just give it some time.

Not planted for sure. I'm just gonna see how it does and hope for the best, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, it has been a while since I posted an update so here we go:

1. the blue clam I got a couple weeks ago kicked the bucket the day after I got it. Got two new clams with the credit from LA: a good size deresa and a small maxima. Both seem to be doing well.

2. Bought a bunch of stuff at the LC live sale! WOOOOOOOO! Won the LPS pack as well. Double WOOOOOOOOOOO! Now I've got plenty of corals for both the 12 and the biocube.

3. Didn't think to test cal and alk after I added the two new clams and dropped alk to 6. Oops! some LPS started receding as well as a couple SPS. Thanks, Lawnman, for the help in figuring out what was going on. So now I've got alk back up and things are starting to look better, with the exception of one monti that I'm not sure will make it. Time will tell.

4. Still working on the scape and stuff. But anyway, here are some photos:

Full-ish tank shot 9/11/2015

az0C3Wi.jpg

Acans looking better:

ctjaBpm.jpg

Chalice:

a2A33lK.jpg

Blue digi (it actually has nice blue, but couldn't capture in photos well):

OHAqNz2.jpg

Green toadstool, home to the clowns:

W3xiIV6.jpg

I forget what this is, but got it at the LC live sale:

ZIjo7JA.jpg

Some fuzzy porites:

ZQM0iym.jpg

Poci growing like a weed:

an7PyZR.jpg

New deresa:

Tfs5Jce.jpg

Closeup detail:

klnTFNd.jpg

Another poci:

OfltrTi.jpg

Jasmine polyps. I love these things:

5FPhmPZ.jpg

Mint pavona:

iRxXUmB.jpg

Small Spongodes and pink stylocoenilla (sp?) in foreground:

XHu0iHz.jpg

Well, I just posted a big update and it disappeared. Crap! Here we go again.

Hahaha- hate when that happens. Are you on a computer or mobile device? I am always on my iPad and it disappears when I place to many photos on unless every 3-4 photos I press the "more reply option"

Hahaha- hate when that happens. Are you on a computer or mobile device? I am always on my iPad and it disappears when I place to many photos on unless every 3-4 photos I press the "more reply option"

I'm actually on my macbook! But maybe those have the same problem. I went to look and it was just GONE and I thought oh freaking crap. There goes 20 minutes I'm not getting back :)

Dang! Tanks looking fantastic and sps are doing great- soon those poci's will be stingin everyone? pavona is such a cool looking coral- I need to get one in the 50

Dang! Tanks looking fantastic and sps are doing great- soon those poci's will be stingin everyone pavona is such a cool looking coral- I need to get one in the 50

I'll send you a piece! I've got a few frags and cracked the colony in three pieces a few weeks ago by mistake. When you're ready, let me know.

And thanks Sk8n! Coming from you, the compliment is much appreciated.

I'll send you a piece! I've got a few frags and cracked the colony in three pieces a few weeks ago by mistake. When you're ready, let me know.

Cool- sounds good! I am hoping in a few weeks to get things wet- I am off to San Diego all next week so I didn't want to wet it up and leave it for my wife- but she'd be just fine with it most likely

Everything looks really healthy!!!! I remember when I wanted a pavona...a long time ago. Well, a few months ago LOL. Yours has really taken off :).

you SUUUURREEEE you don't want a piece??? They're really easy...

How are the clams? I think I'll hold off until I upgrade and my light shows up. But they seems to be cool creatures.

They're doing good!!! Yeah, they definitely need good light for sure. I love them - they're just such cool creatures to have in a tank and are natural nitrate filters, so even better :)

Archived