Coral Vue Hydros

Tom's Aussie Nano

Thomas898

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to get $70 for the meat coral. Not sure whether or not that's reasonable, but don't want to take less than I paid. Have one person interested in it but they won't be able to collect it for another week. Pink plate is hard to find. No sellers seem to have on currently. Plan B anyone?

Starfish update! Got a cool close up of it's legs yesterday. Have no idea what this guy has been eating, but it seems to be doing really well. Haven't had a single bit of cyano in the tank either since adding it. Does a great job stirring up the top layer of sand. Hoping it does well long term, fromias don't seem to have the best rep.

IMG_1202_zpsqa7gk9v8.jpg

Pretty, he probably loves the cyano, they to my knowledge are pretty much herbivores, so basically any easy to digest algae is for him.

Who knows! The fact it's getting eaten alone is a win. Here is how everything looks after getting rid of both brain and goniopora corals. Plate and Xenia are a bit pissy from being moved, but they'll be fine in no time.

Clowns are also digging up every square inch of free sand they can find, clearly they approve of more free space.

WP_20150319_18_17_21_Pro%202_zps8gidrcs6

Thanks :) I'm actually hoping to sell the meat coral next week, I'm toying up with two options. Get 2 more long tentacle plates and cover the floor in them, or get another meat coral, just smaller and different colours. Thoughts?

Thanks :) I'm actually hoping to sell the meat coral next week, I'm toying up with two options. Get 2 more long tentacle plates and cover the floor in them, or get another meat coral, just smaller and different colours. Thoughts?

Plates

Plates

Plates it is.

Here's a pic of my current long tentacle. It's looking a lot happier not squished into a corner. The pattern is actually visible for once! Win. Going to check LFS out over weekend and see if they have any other plates to go next to this one.

WP_20150320_16_50_22_Pro_zpskthp5yqb.jpg

Damn that looks amazing.

Thanks, really should have moved it a lot earlier. Having a few on the ground will look pretty sweet.

Another cool coral :)

Thanks man, just found a site that sells some insane coloured LPS. Bright solid purple goniopora is hard to look past.. The last two I had didn't have the best colours after all.

What other colors were there?

Some very bright greens, bright reds, and a whole bunch of crazy coloured meat corals. If I can't find another plate in the colour I want, may end up with a smaller meat coral and another goni. Decisions..

Nice new FTS !

Thanks mate.

Potentially, having a smaller tank works a bit better for me at the moment being on the top floor, will change tanks more thank likely when I move house.

Little update on the SPS. All of the frags have showed a small amount of growth, a few MMs for most. For all the SPS people out there, is that a normal amount of growth? Seems painfully slow. Both of the birdsnest have started colouring up and turning green. Red and green montis seem to have had the most growth, pretty happy with the green in particular. Collectively they've been using up .8 of ALK per day, 8ppm of calc and 3ppm of magnesium, so the levels haven't been too hard to maintain yet. New growth very visible on the red, and the green has nearly completely covered the bit of dead skeleton it had next to it.

WP_20150322_13_16_43_Pro_zpsvyllf0sn.jpg

Woo! I think my tank is now officially free of gorilla crabs :happydance: Just pulled this beast out. Put some squid in a shot glass, placed it next to it's burrow after lights out and an hour later, success. No more worrying about things getting eaten during the night will be super. Peppermint shrimp is going to be glad to get his cave back at the front of the tank, it's been nearly invisible since the crab kicked it out.

And before you suggest he gets his own tank amphipod.. I'd like you to know he's already in a better place. By that I of course mean dead and in the trash.

WP_20150324_20_00_07_Pro_zps6jj6dnyn.jpg

Dang, never heard of that type of crab

Not entirely sure of species name.. Destructive as hell though. Pistol shrimp has been missing and very quiet for a while, attacked the pep shrimp, and it had destroyed most of the fan worms tubes. It was the Terminator of crabs.

Aww, should have at least put him in the worst spot at the ocean to let him duke it out with nature. How'd you kill him?

I thought about that, but it attacked the peppermint shrimp and ate my favourite red fan worm, so I crushed it and fed half to an anemone, then trashed the rest. Revenge, a dish best served at 24 °C

Nano sapiens

I thought about that, but it attacked the peppermint shrimp and ate my favourite red fan worm, so I crushed it and fed half to an anemone, then trashed the rest. Revenge, a dish best served at 24 °C

LOL, that's harsh! :)

Archived