Coral Vue Hydros

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

Hey Felicia, just catching up since I was on vacation and I see you and Eddie were too. Looks like you had a great time and I love the diver wall hanging and the desk. They are both very cool.

• Like 1
charnelhouse

That desk is effing fantastic! Great craftsmanship.

Is that a Gorg that your lionfish totem pole is in? Asking because it looks very similar to my sinularia :)

• Like 1

It looks so perfect on the wall. Nice find with the chair too and they look so well together.

Thanks, Annette! The chair was really a great find for the price. I think it all came together nicely :)

What camera do you use while diving?

I actually just use an older Canon Powershot point and shoot. Its the SD1200 IS. And then I have the Canon waterproof housing for it. Can't afford a nice DSLR and the waterproof housing right now. Someday!

Wow! Everything looks so put together and cute!! Wanna come over to the mid-west and help me decorate?!? ;)

Thanks, Kimber! I'm not much of an interior decorator, but I've been trying to slowly phase out my old stuff and get some more grown-up pieces as I find them. I've lived in the same apartment for 5 years, so its easy to take my time and replace things as I find pieces that I like and can afford. I started with all the generic affordable stuff from like Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and Ikea and then have been replacing that stuff with things with character.

Estate sales are great for antique furniture too!

What is CB2?

That's true! I should really go to those more often! I always think about it and then never get around to going.

CB2 is another branch of Crate and Barrel. I think its supposed to be more modern/trendy looking. Its a fun store and kind of mid range price as those places go. A bit pricey on furniture, but not too awful on the decor items. For example, that deer head was $40.

Hey Felicia, just catching up since I was on vacation and I see you and Eddie were too. Looks like you had a great time and I love the diver wall hanging and the desk. They are both very cool.

Oh fun! Where did you go? We really did have a great time! It was so relaxing. Glad you like my new stuff! Not so tank related, but still fun :)

That desk is effing fantastic! Great craftsmanship.

Is that a Gorg that your lionfish totem pole is in? Asking because it looks very similar to my sinularia :)

Thank you! I'm really loving the desk. Seems to be built very well. I can't get over all the detail on it.

Yes, that's a gorg that they're on. Its a thicker stemmed one than most gorgs, so it does look a bit like a leather. Its a knobby sea rod from KPA.

• Like 3

CB2 is another branch of Crate and Barrel. I think its supposed to be more modern/trendy looking. Its a fun store and kind of mid range price as those places go. A bit pricey on furniture, but not too awful on the decor items. For example, that deer head was $40.

Oh ok....didn't know about that place :).

Do you have all those things secured well to the wall???? I don't put anything on the wall behind our bed because of earthquakes :scarry:.

Yes, I'm paranoid :lol:

Oh ok....didn't know about that place :).

Do you have all those things secured well to the wall???? I don't put anything on the wall behind our bed because of earthquakes :scarry:.

Yes, I'm paranoid :lol:

They're all on pretty secure hooks. Luckily none of it is heavy though so if something fell, it wouldn't hurt me. The moose looks heavy but it's actually completely hollow and really light. Earthquakes are definitely scary. We had that decent sized one here last weekend though and I heard from friends that they had things fall. All my stuff stayed in place so we'd have to have a really big one for there to be issues.
  • Like 1

They're all on pretty secure hooks. Luckily none of it is heavy though so if something fell, it wouldn't hurt me. The moose looks heavy but it's actually completely hollow and really light. Earthquakes are definitely scary. We had that decent sized one here last weekend though and I heard from friends that they had things fall. All my stuff stayed in place so we'd have to have a really big one for there to be issues.

That's good :).

Did you watch the new Fear The Walking Dead tonight? It's pretty good! We just finished.

• Like 1

That's good :).

Did you watch the new Fear The Walking Dead tonight? It's pretty good! We just finished.

No! I forgot that started tonight. I'll have to watch it on demand tomorrow. Glad to hear it was good!
  • Like 1

No! I forgot that started tonight. I'll have to watch it on demand tomorrow. Glad to hear it was good!

Yep...and I'm so glad to have something to watch on Sunday night again :).
  • Like 1

Yep...and I'm so glad to have something to watch on Sunday night again :).

Definitely! I'm ready for all the good TV to come back! Summer is wonderful, but its awful for TV.

Still not tank related, but just wanted to show off the finished product! Now I have a nice space to work from home when needed. :)

IMG_9458.jpg

Lily approves and has claimed the desk for herself! :lol:

IMG_9477.jpg

• Like 6

What's this??

A spinoff of The Walking Dead (zombie TV show on AMC). Its based around a different group of survivors in LA. The original show follows a group in Georgia.

You're so good at decorating!

Thanks, Christina! I'm really not great at it, but I'm glad you think so :)

• Like 1

That diver is a lot bigger than it looked in the earlier pics you posted of it.. looked keychain size to me... haha.

Haha yeah there was no perspective for the earlier photo. It's 36" long, so the same length as my tank.
  • Like 1

What's this??

It's actually the prequel to TWD! It's the backstory on how it all started. And set in LA. I'm going to try to get on the show :happydance:. I haven't looked for jobs recently, but this could be a motivation for me LOL.
  • Like 5
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's actually the prequel to TWD! It's the backstory on how it all started. And set in LA. I'm going to try to get on the show :happydance:. I haven't looked for jobs recently, but this could be a motivation for me LOL.

Good luck!

ShadowRancher

Good luck! So glad my thread could help!!!

Thanks for the great response, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions! We've started house hunting properly so I should probably focus on that for a bit rather than researching fun stuff :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the great response, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions! We've started house hunting properly so I should probably focus on that for a bit rather than researching fun stuff :)

Good luck house hunting! Planning a tank build for a brand new house should be fun!

Alright guys, I took a bunch of video last night so now I just have to edit it together. Expect a fun tank video later this evening :)

• Like 4

You guys ready for this video? omgomgomg Be prepared, its long! This tank was way overdue for a video though so I wanted to film everything! Hope you guys enjoy!

P.S. - make sure you change the setting to HD!

• Like 6