ReefCleaners.org

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

I saw it! I saw it!!! That was a fun surprise!!!!! :wub:

You're in my inbox! Grats!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I saw the surprise too!..

Congrats on the feature :)

I see you all figured out the surprise! :) I was really thrilled and honored that Marine Depot wanted to feature the tank! So fun that you all got my tank in your inboxes today :D

For anyone who doesn't get the Marine Depot Newsletter....

The surprise is that it featured a video of my tank today! Here's the email that went out:

25866835740_9705c0a97c.jpg

Link to the online version of the email.

And then here's the video they put together from clips that I provided them. I think they did a great job!

And finally, here's the link to my feature tank on their website with more information about the tank.

• Like 12

I see you all figured out the surprise! :) I was really thrilled and honored that Marine Depot wanted to feature the tank! So fun that you all got my tank in your inboxes today :D

For anyone who doesn't get the Marine Depot Newsletter....

The surprise is that it featured a video of my tank today! Here's the email that went out:

25866835740_9705c0a97c.jpg

Link to the online version of the email.

And then here's the video they put together from clips that I provided them. I think they did a great job!

And finally, here's the link to my feature tank on their website with more information about the tank.

I loved seeing your tank in my inbox today!!! I saw it come through and thought HOLY CRAP! Then I did this omgomgomg

• Like 2

NICE...Congrats on being the featured Tank :)

BTW, Felicia, I love ur avatar!

Thank you!!!

The avatar is just a fun photo I found on the internet, but I think it fits. I like that it has a mermaid, a lionfish, and if you look closely there are two clownfish.

That's awesome! Love the video!! Your lionfish are so cool, wish they would play nice with other fish so I could have one!

Thank you so much! Lionfish are cool enough that you don't need the other fish :D Ha! I honestly don't really miss the smaller fish that I can't have. The eel and lions more than make up for having to give them up.

They even posted it on my local forum;)

F6800951-443E-479D-B363-244FA4DE5569_zps

So cool! I feel a bit famous today! :blush:

I saw this too on my email congrats! Well deserved!

Thank you! :)

Congrats Felicia, what an honor! Well deserved i might add.

Thank you so much, Dawn!

You all are seriously too kind! Thanks everyone! This is such a fun day! :D

• Like 3
Cencalfishguy56

Thank you!!!

The avatar is just a fun photo I found on the internet, but I think it fits. I like that it has a mermaid, a lionfish, and if you look closely there are two clownfish.

Thank you so much! Lionfish are cool enough that you don't need the other fish :D Ha! I honestly don't really miss the smaller fish that I can't have. The eel and lions more than make up for having to give them up.

So cool! I feel a bit famous today! :blush:

Thank you! :)

Thank you so much, Dawn!

You all are seriously too kind! Thanks everyone! This is such a fun day! :D

you're welcome! This is what reefing is all about, seeing a thriving tank and admiring what nature has to offer :)
  • Like 1
fishfreak0114

That's so awesome!!! :). Congrats Felicia, you're tank is amazing! You've really earned it, you clearly put lots of love into your tank ?

• Like 1
rickztahone

Ok good! Well you'll only have to wait until tomorrow :)

Well I'm impressed you made it through 10 pages! Glad you are finding my thread helpful! I try to be detailed in my thread so that it can benefit others because I know I benefit from reading other peoples' threads and getting ideas and inspiration. Sounds like you have a great plan and a ton of similar equipment! I'm very happy with my current setup, so nice choices :)

I'm using the Glass Holes 700 gph overflow kit. Here's the link if you want to check it out. Its an overflow box that is drilled through the back of the tank. The drain is 1.5" in diameter and then I used 3/4" PVC for the return, which just has a Loc-line nozzle.

Hmmm, I'm actually very happy with my current set-up, but of course there are always things I'd do differently if I had infinite time, resources, and money. I think the main thing is that I always want more space in my sump area because they get crowded and cluttered fast. So if you are custom building your stand (which I don't have the luxury to do in my apartment), then I'd overbuild it so you have plenty of space. I'd also love to have a cabinet or something built into my stand so that all the electronic control boxes can be contained away from any salt creep of water spray. That kind of comes down into the having more space part too. Finally, I've had a few issues with the best way to power my biopellet reactor. I think I'd just come up with a better design/layout for that in the future. I had it teed off of my return originally, but wasn't getting enough flow that way. Also, since the biopellet reactor was on the opposite side from the return, the tubing for it had to wrap all the way around the back of the sump, which was annoying and a lot of tubing to grow algae and lose flow power. I have the reactor on its own pump now that's right next to it, which is way better, but I didn't design that chamber of the sump for an extra pump so now its a bit crowded, but it works fine. Just would need to be rethought a bit if I started over.

Here's a fun photo for the Lily fans...she's a circle!

25852485940_bc6444284a_k.jpgIMG_3404 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Thank you for the very detailed response. On my 75g FW tank, I have a 40g sump. Many asked me why so large, and I told them that if I ever need room to expand to put more stuff in there, I will have it, rather than go out and build another one. So, in that sense, I know exactly what you are saying about starting bigger. I will move forward with the plan to do a 30g sump. I will also section off my stand to accommodate the electrical parts. I had already thought of a way to have a hidden access door on the side that would be a section of its own away from any form of water. This should serve my purpose well but will cut in to the stand a bit.

I also have a chiller, but someone told me that a chiller should have its own separate area away from the stand, so I will probably make a small matching box for it as well on the side of the stand. That isn't ideal for me but it will have to work.

Lastly, congrats on your MD spotlight! Very exciting and well deserved.

• Like 1

That's really awesome. Nice spotlight!!! We can tell you enjoy your tank.

That's so awesome!!! :). Congrats Felicia, you're tank is amazing! You've really earned it, you clearly put lots of love into your tank

I'm glad you can tell how much I love this tank and how much love I put into it. I've always enjoyed my tanks, but they've also always had quite a bit of stress associated with them as well. With this tank I was able to take what I'd learned about the hobby and about me and what makes this hobby enjoyable for me, and really build out a system that I truly love. I know its not an amazing high tech SPS tech, but I love it and I enjoy sharing it with everyone! I am always so thrilled when other people appreciate it as well because it gives me a lot of joy :)

• Like 4

what an amazing video! dont tell me you shot that with your iphone too....

you are everywhere! in my email, on local forums, everywhere! congrats!!!

Thank you! And yes, this was all shot with my iPhone 6s. Marine Depot did all the actual editing, but I don't think they did any like color or white balance processing or anything. The final video looks like the raw clips that I sent them in that sense. So anyone who says they can't take photos because they don't have a nice camera, try your iPhones! :)

Haha, yeah my tank is having its 15 minutes of fame isn't it? Its fun and I'm super flattered! :)

Felicia's in my email! Say whaaat??!

Congratulations! Great feature. Well deserved!

I am spamming everyone's email today it seems like! :lol: Glad you saw the MD newsletter today! Thank you so much!

Thank you for the very detailed response. On my 75g FW tank, I have a 40g sump. Many asked me why so large, and I told them that if I ever need room to expand to put more stuff in there, I will have it, rather than go out and build another one. So, in that sense, I know exactly what you are saying about starting bigger. I will move forward with the plan to do a 30g sump. I will also section off my stand to accommodate the electrical parts. I had already thought of a way to have a hidden access door on the side that would be a section of its own away from any form of water. This should serve my purpose well but will cut in to the stand a bit.

I also have a chiller, but someone told me that a chiller should have its own separate area away from the stand, so I will probably make a small matching box for it as well on the side of the stand. That isn't ideal for me but it will have to work.

Lastly, congrats on your MD spotlight! Very exciting and well deserved.

No problem! I like answering questions and talking tanks. I think sometimes I'm too wordy. Also, forewarning, I'm in writing mode because all I do all day right now is write my dissertation :lol: Well I only have a 20 gallon sump, so your 30 gallon should be a nice amount of space. Also great plan with making a cabinet for the electronics and a separate cabinet for the chiller. Its eats into space a bit, but those things will be well worth it!

And thank you very much! :D

Congrats on the feature!

Thank you! :flower:

Awesome Felicia, congrats. The video was quite good, tank really looks good AND totally unique.

Thank you so much, Mark! I know you don't love the softies, so this is a very meaningful compliment coming from you! I'm glad you appreciate my eccentric tank :flower:

Well desearved MD feature! Amazing tank.

Thank you so much! :)

you're welcome! This is what reefing is all about, seeing a thriving tank and admiring what nature has to offer :)

:flower:

• Like 2