Cultivated Reef

Jay's 32g Scuba Reef

Jay Wee

Haha damn the nuvo24 was my very first tank. Then I upgraded to a cadlight artisan 70g then downsize to a fluval m60 and now this build which I am gonna stick to. Haha. I hope. The reef bug is dangerous.

Wow its really dangerous! im thinking of a Mr.Aqua 12 long? I dont know yet. Maybe ill just get a Mr.Aqua 32g hahah

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
" post="4914021" timestamp="1419722623"]Wow its really dangerous! im thinking of a Mr.Aqua 12 long? I dont know yet. Maybe ill just get a Mr.Aqua 32g hahah
Haha do it. I like the tall and deep measurements of the 32 gallons. Something new. I kinda wish I went with something shallow though. I like to see corals from above. Now I gotta stand up on a stool :) haha. I have a me Aqua 12g long as my planted tank. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. Really fun size to play with. Maybe when I'm sick of my planted I'll convert my 12g long to a reef.

ur tank is awesome, nice and clean
Thanks man!

Haha do it. I like the tall and deep measurements of the 32 gallons. Something new. I kinda wish I went with something shallow though. I like to see corals from above. Now I gotta stand up on a stool :) haha. I have a me Aqua 12g long as my planted tank. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. Really fun size to play with. Maybe when I'm sick of my planted I'll convert my 12g long to a reef.

You'll defiantly have to post pics of that 12 long. I have 2 months till my birthday so i have till then to pick a tank. Until then i guess ill just admire your 32g!

Wow, this is an awesome build. I agree with you on the kessil shimmer. You can't really beat it! Definitely following along for this one!

Thank you sir for the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll defiantly have to post pics of that 12 long. I have 2 months till my birthday so i have till then to pick a tank. Until then i guess ill just admire your 32g!

As requested, here's my 12g long planted. It's a little unkept right now. Haven't had the time to do some trimming and remove some of that nasty algae.

16044483380_9e24e1009d_c.jpg

Nothing much to update. Tank is going through some minor cyano outbreak. I'm doing longer lights out period to see if it goes away. Also got some SPS frags to mount on my tall pillar. And I finally got my Jebao dosing station set up!!! I've never really dose in my previous setups but i'm trying to go more SPS heavy with this tank. I'll be monitoring Alk, Cal and Mag for the coming weeks to see how much I should dose. I'll be using all ESV products. I've had good results in the past.

16229988961_dff449aaf5_z.jpg

16044341928_9c78d2d07a.jpg

Spiderguardnano

Looks good jay where did you get your dosing container at?

Also I forgot what was your fish plans for the tank?

Trying to gauge how much fish to add in my 32g

Looks good jay where did you get your dosing container at?

Also I forgot what was your fish plans for the tank?

Trying to gauge how much fish to add in my 32g

I got the container on eBay. Just search Dosing liquid storage bucket. Here's a link. It ships from China but it came pretty fast. Like a week.

Right now I have a snowflake clown. I'm getting a Wyoming white to pair it with. I also have a 6 line Wrasse and a Green Mandarin. I think I'm good with fish. Don't want to stock it heavy. I'm definitely gonna get some shrimps. And I do want a purple firefish though. I'll wait till my tank is more established to handle more bio load before I get the firefish.

Have you used the Jebao dosing pump before? What do you think about it?

Neh I've never used this before. Bought it recently and finally had the time to set it up. I will keep you updated on how it performs. I've tested it and it works great. I mean for the price, this thing is pretty damn well built and it comes with 4 dosing heads.

Yea it looks like a solid little unit, I was looking at the GHL doser too it's pretty penny, but the wireless control would be pretty sweet!

Yea it looks like a solid little unit, I was looking at the GHL doser too it's pretty penny, but the wireless control would be pretty sweet!

If you have the $$$ to drop on a GHL with the new controller then DO IT! That thing looks awesome like an Apple product. But way too expensive. I can't justify spending so much on dosing pumps.

If you have the $$$ to drop on a GHL with the new controller then DO IT! That thing looks awesome like an Apple product. But way too expensive. I can't justify spending so much on dosing pumps.

Yea they're definitely sweet, Idk for something like a dosing pump to fail it could really #### up your tank. And I think all of it being over wifi would make it simple to maintain, but it's def a lot of $$

Sick tank Jay! Following along.

Thanks man! All your 3 tanks are awesome. Really love that Pico Jar. I wanna start one too haha.

Dosing setup is looking sweet!

Thanks dude! Nice skate profile pic.

How's that kessil working for you? It looks amazing in the pix.

I love the Kessil. Even better when its hooked up to the Bluefish controller. But if I ever were to choose another light setup I will go with Nano box. So damn sleek and customizable color casing. I would do grey and yellow to match with my stand.

Jay, did your doser come with a mounting bracket or tubing holder?

Hey Kat! Happy Belated Birthday! :D

No it doesn't come with the mounting bracket or tube holder. I bought a tube holder and the dosing liquid storage container from the same ebay seller. Here's a link.

I mount my DP4 to a $6 Ikea shelf. haha.

I bought my Jebao DP4 from Pop Coral in Brooklyn. I bought it last month. Wish I waited a little longer because they're doing a package deal. Check out their MR page. Link here.

this is awesome, great build.

do you think the MAME Overflow will be able to handle a 45 gallon tank?

Thanks! :)

I think it'll be fine. You just need a more powerful pump that's all.

Archived